End Game

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Can anyone advise me what will happen in the following situation

Two remaining players on the map

Player one has won
      Player two wont admit defeat (for reasons best known to themselves) Economies biggest vs Nil, Armies 160 units fully developed vs 6 or 7 top level milita.

Situation.

Player one is mopping up remaining 4 or 5 provinces one of which has military spies trying to get a reveal all. Remaining provinces are either undefended or defended with one top level milita. Easy pickings for fully developed Player one air force.

Player Two has sent about 5 milita into convoys which are now hidden in the vast ocean. He had 4 subs but these have all been now caught. He has no air force no navy and no economy to produce anymore units.

If Player one takes the last province with spies then he has no chance of a reveal all.

But if player one does take the last province do the milita evaporate like naval units do or can player two keep the game alive indefinitley. Does Player two have to go offline after two days for complete defeat to happen because these few milita in ships keep him alive?

There is the option to end the game which he wont.

So do I have to hunt these few remaining units on ships down or wait for him to offline to enable the game to end?

Thoughts?
    • All maps have a victory condition in terms of VP's; I think it's about 60-70% of VP's on the map. In your scenario, player one would have won long before he needed to find those last few units hiding somewhere.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Thanks for your reply.

If the game has come to a conclusion as only AI countries remain but player one points total is no where near the 600+ required. Just over 300 so only half way.

Grinding AI countries down just to get the points when all other human players are gone except these odd milita in ships is going to be pretty boring.

So the question re worded is do I keep the one province with spies in alive to hopefully get reveal all to where the ships have gone or do I kill the province hoping he will offline and the ships (like orphan Navy units) will evaporate.

Of course if he offlines I can quit as sole remaining player.

If army units in ships do not evaporate when all provinces are lost then keeping the province alive hoping for a reveal all must be the option.

Can see this is going to be a frustrating end game.

I get running to sea with a strong army if its at all possible to get back onland somewhere. But milita wont win much.

But thanks for your advice.
    • Ah, sorry I misunderstood.

A player cannot be forced out of the game if he keeps logging in and he still has units. In fact I'm not even completely sure if he is forced to leave the game with zero units and provinces left. So yes, in this case, you would have to grind through the inactives to be declared winner and get the gold reward.

For myself, I usually don't bother. I don't really care about the winning rewards anyway (hey what can you do with that few k of gold in a new game, get one extra unit or smth). So I would typically archive a game like this and start a new one with the comfortable feeling of a victory in my own mind.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Haha I like your way of doing things mr K.Rokossovski.

What I would do is just hunt player two down, would be faster than fighting the AI. I would definately leave him one or more provinces so you can spy on them to get a reveal all. Just make sure there is artillery aimed at the province centers so that if he decides to train militia they won't live long.

Happy hunting!
    • Thanks to both of you.

For a player you respect and had a good fight with but just eventually came out ontop then Mr R's suggestion would be fine

For a player thats been a bit of a ****** I would like to hunt him down so the reveal all in a province left purely for spies is the way to go.

Not likely to grow milita as hasnt even got a barracks and no economy to make resources to build one.

So thanks again both of you seems I had it figured out correctly.