armour - tanks

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Tanks is the main unit how the war was fought in WW2 Europe, which already made its mark in WW1, they made the blitzkrieg possible and really change the face of war so I'm not surprise if anyone spam so many of them.

Lukebnm wrote:

Akulla3D wrote:

If someone spams tanks, spam antitank units. Problem solved. :)
      would only work in defence though ;)
      there is a special tank during WW2 called the "tank destroyer" basically it's an anti-tank gun on a tank platform. Primarily used for ambushing armour convoys, the US "wolverine" tank destroyer have a rotating turret for the gun giving it the tank hunter role or atleast I like to call it. There mostly used for offence thanks to the mobility of the tank so that's one way to solve things introduce a new historical unit.
      "Victory needs no explenation, defeat allows none"
      -imperium thought of the day
    • There was many many tank destroyers. Hang on, let get one of my books that proves people wrong.

*rustles around*

Here are some: The previously mentioned Wolverine, Hetzer, Marder I, II and III, SU-76, SU-122, SU-85, SU-100, SU-152, ISU-122, ISU-152, M18 Hellcat, M36, Nashorn SD.KFZ 164, Jagdpanzer IV SD.KFZ.162, Jagdtiger SD.KFZ.186, Panzerjager I, Ferdinand, Elefant and the Jagdpanther.

That is excluding assault guns which had damn good anti-tank capabilities. Now, back onto the original problem.

I don't know why you would spam LT's, just go for MT's and Tac Bombers. Something even better would be some attackers, those would be great.

Forum ArmyField Marshall :00000441:

Mess with the Bill, you get the scorn!

• I usually spam LTs in the early game allowing the players nation to quickly gain provinces, then i start building an air force and tanks/mechs that are higher level.. and about TDs, as i said not many of them have turrets so that would mean that the stats would have to be based on the majority, so they would just be quicker AT units, seems like a waste to introduce slightly better AT units but if it was done it should be research through either the ATs or Medium tanks..
    • Lukebnm wrote:

I usually spam LTs in the early game allowing the players nation to quickly gain provinces, then i start building an air force and tanks/mechs that are higher level.. and about TDs, as i said not many of them have turrets so that would mean that the stats would have to be based on the majority, so they would just be quicker AT units, seems like a waste to introduce slightly better AT units but if it was done it should be research through either the ATs or Medium tanks..
      I would say it's already implemented. Just not graphically, as AT units gain 5mph of speed at each research level
      Kalantigos
      Master Chief Petty Officer.
      Game Moderator
      EN Community Support
      Bytro Labs | Call of War
    • Tanks seem fine.

They were a mainstream unit of the second world war. Besides that, after quite a bit of research into the combat system (Dmg pior sys, state based dmg sys, etc etc), spamming only tanks/Massive stacks is highly, counter productive. ./Testing needs to be done.

It be better yet to instead do a few weeks or months of testing, then tweaks.