Pinned Gold Use in Players League

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Gold Use in Players League

Please be constructive and positive and courteous
      Be aware that this is a sensitve topic and i will not allow it to get out of hand
      Imappropiate comments will be removed

the quesitons are
      1) is gold use a big issue or is it very limited
      2)what should the penalties be
    • 1) As far as I know gold usage hasn't been a big issue. I don't think it happens often and I believe it is usually accidental. It is partly due to their not being a confirmation button (which we aren't likely to get).
      2) I do think that the penalties during a season should increase for each violation. The player shouldn't be able to benefit from the gold usage.
      3) I think what was bought with the gold should have a bearing on the penalty too. Using gold for research conveys more advantage than most other uses.
      And using gold for reveal all should be disabled. Since it probably isn't there should be a severe penalty for that since it conveys a large advantage.
    • 1) As Pl players, we don't know how much gold are used in the games. The moderators should know the answer to this question, not us.
      2) Penaltys should increase (the -5 points penalty is a VERY LOW penalty)
      Penaltys should be like this:
      -1rst time: -20 vp (accidental or not)
      -2cnd time: -30 vp and last warning.
      -3rd time: banned for the month game.

Note: Moderator should take actions more quickly when somebody use gold. Because, if one player take advantage using lot of gold, he will be banned for sure, but the players who are in war with the cheater will be very damaged.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Maximilianvs ().

• I fell that use of gold is not big issue in PL.
      it would be great if there is a way to turn off possibility to use gold at all in PL. I used it twice by accident and I felt bad and ashamed for that. It was biggest fine to me.
      I think that if someone uses gold should report in News, not to moderators. Also i fell fines should be public, transparent and more drastic. Moderators should consider if use of gold made some impact on game, and if someone get some advantage with use of it.
      "Then, when you run out of ammunition and the enemy continues to advance - to the bayonet, when they break your knife - to your hands, when they break both of your hands - to your teeth, when you get the last tooth knocked out, as long as you move, as long you are there - attack! When they mortally wound you, see to it that you fall in their way, so they have to go around you, jump over you or move you - bother them even in death!" speech of lieutenant Tasic before battle of Cer 1914.
    • Lawrence Czl wrote:

1) As far as I know gold usage hasn't been a big issue. I don't think it happens often and I believe it is usually accidental. It is partly due to their not being a confirmation button (which we aren't likely to get).
      2) I do think that the penalties during a season should increase for each violation. The player shouldn't be able to benefit from the gold usage.
      3) I think what was bought with the gold should have a bearing on the penalty too. Using gold for research conveys more advantage than most other uses.
      And using gold for reveal all should be disabled. Since it probably isn't there should be a severe penalty for that since it conveys a large advantage
      1) this is true
      2-3)penalties are incresed for each match based on frequency, what was done with the gold
      the penalty can go as high as a ban. we will not be able to make changes to the game to disable anything
    • Maximilianvs wrote:

1) As Pl players, we don't know how much gold are used in the games. The moderators should know the answer to this question, not us.
      2) Penaltys should increase (the -5 points penalty is a VERY LOW penalty)
      Penaltys should be like this:
      -1rst time: -20 vp (accidental or not)
      -2cnd time: -30 vp and last warning.
      -3rd time: banned for the month game.

Note: Moderator should take actions more quickly when somebody use gold. Because, if one player take advantage using lot of gold, he will be banned for sure, but the players who are in war with the cheater will be very damaged.
      1) yes we do know the answer
      2) good suggestion but i am only going to ban for the most flagrant users and that has not been neccessary yet
      3) Peanalties are applied as quickly as possible, but i can not do that myself and Players league is not Dr L only responsibilty, it sometimes takes patience. We could look at compensating, but no that would require that we know who was affected. if the violator uses gold to buy resources or speed ups how can you determine who was affected.
      using gold affects all players
      thank you
    • patriota75 wrote:

I fell that use of gold is not big issue in PL.
      it would be great if there is a way to turn off possibility to use gold at all in PL. I used it twice by accident and I felt bad and ashamed for that. It was biggest fine to me.
      I think that if someone uses gold should report in News, not to moderators. Also i fell fines should be public, transparent and more drastic. Moderators should consider if use of gold made some impact on game, and if someone get some advantage with use of it
      you are correct we are disscusing a problem that usually only happens once or twice, including all players in that total, and each violation is judged by doc and myself as too the severity. if the use was excessive and intentional by our judgement the penalty will be increased
      I have no problem with the reporting in the News.
      But i dont want to stigmatize someone for an accidental use, nor will i get into endless debates as to the fairiness of the penalty. there will always be someone who claims they were so disadvantaged that the penalty should be a ban
      Penalties can be viewed at the end of the month in the standings, there the amount of penalty and to who is listed for all to see
      Thank you for your constructive suggestions
    • grandpooba52 wrote:

amended rules that will take effect Dec ! 2018

Dr. Leipreachán wrote:

Player's League Rules:

Rule 1 – GOLD USE IS FORBIDDEN!! We will set EXTREMELY harsh rules for breaking them.

If you are found to be using gold, you will be banned from the PL for the remainder of the season. However, if you report accidental use to a PL moderator within 1 hour of doing it, and are willing to accept, and cooperate in executing, a penalty which will be severe enough to make sure you never do it again you will not face a PL ban for remainder of season.

Note: We will determine if something is accidental as most gold use that is reported as accidental is in fact intentional).

Got this from the revised Players League rules. Does not seem to be in line with what is being said in this thread about punishing gold use in a PL game. When I signed up I expected ''a penalty which will be severe enough to make sure you never do it again'' would be the way to handle gold use in the PL, sounds good to me.

I trust the moderators to fill in the blanks here.
    • The use of gold should always be punished, but the penalties should depend on the offense. It is easy to use your phone on your phone even if you are looking after yourself, and for accidentally smaller penalties. But the use of spies for gold, acceleration of research, or the purchase of human resources, where we have no reason to speak, should rather be very painful.
      For such deliberate use should be punishment - 100 points for the entire map and not counting even 1 point regardless of the place they would take
    • Honestly i not trying to call any one out or list games, tho i think i could still figure out some of them. It was far worse then what you all are suggesting, in my limited experience experience with pl. That is not what i trying to say/nor do. What does it hurt to do one check at end of pl game? then there is absolutely no question? when i seen so many in such short experience with player league and all them were apoligizing in forums and spending mad gold not a little, no accident, is not clear that not all people are honest in these forums??? I swore i would never even consider it again, awc made me rethink this , even with the handful of people again willing to get there entire team booted from it, the people willing to check each game each rd, made me rethink it all.I know it takes time, but just the absolute certianity i think would be worth it. I will not join pl most likely until i think it reasonable some what under control . Also what would it hurt to install even a no gold option in games we made even if cost gold to do so??Personally i use my earned gold often sometimes it smart usage other times to make battleships in lk mi in 22 man tutorial! I would use itt in heart beat to make none gold games, or for hc for that matter.Everyone could play how they like. Is that so much to ask?
      Thank you all for your time
      SALUTE!
    • Edepedable wrote:

grandpooba52 wrote:

amended rules that will take effect Dec ! 2018

Dr. Leipreachán wrote:

Player's League Rules:

Rule 1 – GOLD USE IS FORBIDDEN!! We will set EXTREMELY harsh rules for breaking them.

If you are found to be using gold, you will be banned from the PL for the remainder of the season. However, if you report accidental use to a PL moderator within 1 hour of doing it, and are willing to accept, and cooperate in executing, a penalty which will be severe enough to make sure you never do it again you will not face a PL ban for remainder of season.

Note: We will determine if something is accidental as most gold use that is reported as accidental is in fact intentional).

Got this from the revised Players League rules. Does not seem to be in line with what is being said in this thread about punishing gold use in a PL game. When I signed up I expected ''a penalty which will be severe enough to make sure you never do it again'' would be the way to handle gold use in the PL, sounds good to me.
      there is room in this rule for leinency and we are trying to determine if more severity is needed
      maybe we will need to rewrite it totally
    • ukliw wrote:

The use of gold should always be punished, but the penalties should depend on the offense. It is easy to use your phone on your phone even if you are looking after yourself, and for accidentally smaller penalties. But the use of spies for gold, acceleration of research, or the purchase of human resources, where we have no reason to speak, should rather be very painful.
      For such deliberate use should be punishment - 100 points for the entire map and not counting even 1 point regardless of the place they would take
      Thank you for your comments
    • Nadin25 wrote:

Honestly i not trying to call any one out or list games, tho i think i could still figure out some of them. It was far worse then what you all are suggesting, in my limited experience experience with pl.
      It may have been far worse in the past, but for the last 6 months that i have been heading Players League it has been an infrequent problem

Nadin25 wrote:

What does it hurt to do one check at end of pl game? then there is absolutely no question?
      gold checks are done
      1) when someone reports that they used gold
      2) when someone reports a suspicion of gold use
      3) at random days
      4) always when the game has ended

Nadin25 wrote:

when i seen so many in such short experience with player league and all them were apoligizing in forums and spending mad gold not a little, no accident, is not clear that not all people are honest in these forums???
      doc Leiprechaun and i consult and do our best to determine if people are bieng honest, when we believe that someone is not being honest we increase the penalty

Nadin25 wrote:

Also what would it hurt to install even a no gold option in games we made even if cost gold to do so??
      this option has been ruled out by bytro, but they have given us permission to create the games and rely on Dr L to monitor gold use

thank you for your constructive response
      Please continue to respond and give us a chance in January when you can see for yourself if it is worth your time
    • grandpooba52 wrote:

Edepedable wrote:

Never expecct that i can read minds if you have a criticism, speak plainly
      I don't really. Its just that I have never played a players league game before so I have no way of knowing what things are actually like. Expectations based on what you said in this thread give me enough reason to trust you and Dr Leiperchan to hand out penalty's for gold use during a PL game.

The only gold use I would see leinency for is accidental use. Figuring if something is accidental or not seems easy enough to me. I have accidentally used gold about 3 times in all my COW games and all of them were from pressing a gold button instead of the one next to it. Speeding up research, healing troops and buying resources are things that can happen accidentally according to me. Revealing troops is a different tab entirely and is also much more game changing. As is accidentally building 20 units or so. Which is very hard to pull of by accident.

I think a good way to handle gold use in any case would be compensation.

For example: if you accidentally speed up research by 12 hours, I think you should have to wait for 12 hours to start new research and not use those upgraded troops in battle for 12 hours. Consequences if gold use would be rectified this way. If you accidentally buy resources this should always be translated intobuilding or units. Bought 5k goods an then did upgrades/train troops? Cancel the build/training and give the gold bought resources to a moderator. The moderator can then sell it on the market.

If you 'accidentally' built troops in a province that would have been taken without gold use. You lose the province to the player that would have gotten the province and you have to give said player full compensation for wounded/lost troops. This way game changing gold use that could be accidental, or not, would be futile.

Certain intentional use, for example: Large numbers of units trained fully because of gold use are to be executed by a battleship after they have been put in transport boats. Compentsating affected players with resources would be mandatory. Having to compensate your fellow players would mean not only things would be leveled again. But also that you lose what you intended to gain with gold use and have to give it to your enemy.

Failing to help in having your punishment excecuted should result in having to leave the map.

This way gold use would only hinder whoever is using it. The punishment for compensation would be as severe as the amount of gold that has been used.