Game captured provinces/points

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Game captured provinces/points

As you capture provinces during a game the number of provinces you have captured is added immediately to the total number of captured provinces viewable in your Diplomacy / Information screen yet the number of points gained from that province capture is not - I dont understand why not? If it is because the province my riot at day change, why count the province as yours until then as well. If you are going to count the province as yours in the displayed information when you capture the province, surely you can also do the points total for all the provinces captured when you capture the province, instead of waiting until day change.

The post was edited 2 times, last by BattleIvan ().

• I think that this suggestion could cause issues with the way victory conditions are checked for.

It is part of the end day/ day change calculations to calculate morale, rebellions, provinces gained, provinces lost, etc (might not be in that order) and then check if the victory conditions are satisfied.

If you had the points accruing during the day you would either have to have victory declared at a random time during the day, preventing counterattacks or rebellions from delaying the victory for another day.

Or you would have a hundred questions per day similar to: "Why didn't I win yet? I have enough points!!!!"
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW is right again. In most cases, ''changes'' or I prefer "improvements" in something will usually affect something else either positively or negatively, and it is a matter of working out what is of most benefit overall, which is not always possible to workout. Again too - there will be those that will agree and those that don't agree. You cant always please everyone.
      What I would now ask from what you have said is why do all the calculations etc that are done at day end/change have to be done at day end/change? Do they have to be done then? Is this the best way to represent real action/activity, after all one of the best promotions for this game is that it is supposed to be a real time game (or very close to real time).
      In another post I had asked about province morale changes being visible as they occur with fort construction and infrastructure building (we dont have to wait until the end of day to see how far out buildings have been built), yet no we have to wait until end day to see the effects on morale on a province from buildings built in the province, yet if we take over an enemy capital the effects of this on our provinces morale is immediate, so again when a building is completed why cant its effects on that provinces morale be immediate. Maybe these calculations at the end of day should be revisited and determined if doing these calculations then lends to making this game more realistic, and the most enjoyable, and whether we are now better than that, and can make improvements to make the game better.
      Some calculations are probably best done at the end of day, but possibly some like morale can be done as buildings are completed, enemy capitals taken over etc.

The post was edited 1 time, last by BattleIvan ().