Medit. 4 player Unfair to UK from Start

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Medit. 4 player Unfair to UK from Start

AT the start of the game three of the powers have Rares in their starting country EXCEPT for the UK,
      this puts a tremendous burden on the UK since all research requires Rares.

There are also no rares near by in AI countries.

This should be adjusted so that the four countries are at least reasonably balanced economically.

If you agree please post here so we can have the game designers make this change. :wallbash :wallbash :wallbash
    • Thats the 4p map. Uk has no rares, France has no oil and so on. You have to work together very closely to do well.

Also, the entire map is very small scale, you probably won't be commanding an army consisting of more than 2 digits at any time during this map.

I supose thats what makes it fun, but it plays differently then most other maps. Good luck though! Find a way :thumbsup:
    • You are incorrect in thinking that the Free French do not have oil it is in Syria and it is 2024 a day,
      thus the argument remains as stated: the UK is the only country without a source of Rares and all other countries have complete range of resources.

Edepedable wrote:

Thats the 4p map. Uk has no rares, France has no oil and so on. You have to work together very closely to do well.

Also, the entire map is very small scale, you probably won't be commanding an army consisting of more than 2 digits at any time during this map.

I supose thats what makes it fun, but it plays differently then most other maps. Good luck though! Find a way :thumbsup:
    • Owh yeah thats true. I have only played the 4p map once, quite recently actually. What I remeber from looking around the map is that every country has very few of 1 resource. Having that one oil province on that map was about the same as having none to me, it restricts you a lot. Your starting navy drinks up oil and so building infrastructure, planes and airfields was quite challenging. Especially when I needed the occacional armored unit on top of that.

Yes UK has absolutely nothing in rares, but the amount France has more then makes up for it. You have to work together with your team mate.

If I am not mistaken the UK has the most higly upgraded units when the map starts. So you do not need as much rares throughout the game anyway. I think the map lasted for 2 weeks when I played it. When it was done my units were around the same levels as UK (on land only). My UK partner at the time did not even want rares from me because he used his goods to train troops anyway. Worked out for us since we won the map.

I'm sorry but I do not think it is unfair. It is a very small map and the way the resources are distributed makes the way it is played very different from most other maps. Some think its fun, others hate it. It is up to a player to make it work. No need to fix what is not broken I'd say.