Pinned Questions and Answer

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Questions and Answer

It's coming...
      The Dirty Dozen
      The international CoW community singel player team event.

Q: What is the Dirty Dozen?
      A: The Dirty Dozen is a series of games where five teams try to get control over the world in thirty days. Each team has twelve comrades, the "Dirty Dozen".

Q: So it's a alliance fight?
      A: No, it's a single player challenge, at the registration you can choose in with team you want to fight. Two teams are reserved for non English speaking players. One team is for Russian and one for German players. In this teams the communication between the teammates is in this languages.
      Only four player of a specific alliance are allowed to play in the Dirty Dozen and this four players must be in the same team!

Q: Must the team plays all four games together?
      A: No, each game has his own sign-in. The players can change the team or can pause a game.

Q: It's a challenge, how can we find out who is best?
      A: Each player get at the end of each game the collected victory points plus a bonus if he is part of the winning team.
      This victory points will be added and stored in a point table.

Q: So if we play with five teams and each team has 12 players, witch map we play?
      A: Yes we have 60 players and the neutral Switzerland for the support team. We play all four games on the 100 players world map.

Q: what makes the difference to normal CoW games?
      A: The Clou is that the use of Gold is forbidden in the Dirty Dozen. The uses is punished and controlled by the CoW support team.

Q: wow, that sounds good! Did we have other rules in the series?
      A: Yes, after some years that I build up the internatal players league with miech and WildL, I was starting to build up German Liga. Now after some years we wantto go back on international terrain. The rules are now good balanced and tested in the last month in the German Liga. Here you found the complete rules: The Dirty Dozen - Rules and Standards

Q: for witch player is the Dirty Dozen?
      A: Hmm, the challenge is hard. If you are a rookie without knowledge of game mechanics, it will be hard to get a feet on the ground. we only except player witch are level 20+.

Q: So where can I sign-up?
      A: the registration will be opened on January the 18th. All games are player anonymous, so you need 5000 Gold as enter fee. The games starts all at 18:00 UTC on the EN-Server.

Do you have other questions?
      Leave a reply here.

Would you like to play with your friends in a game where gold is banned?

Watch for the next season starts in September!
    • Xarus wrote:

at the registration you can choose in with team you want to fight. Two teams are reserved for non English speaking players. One team is for Russian and one for German players. In this teams the communication between the teammates is in this languages.
      so the teams can be pre-determined,
      but the games require a 5k gold fee, to remain anonymous?
      das macht kein sind! auf anglish oder deutsch.
    • Hi, it makes sense. The 12 players from each team will be assigned to the nations randomly. So no one knows who is who. We only know that this player must be on the map in one of the twelve nations from the team.

The German and the Russian slots are especially for players that not speaking English very well.

• Yes, the community is not so big and some players are know as very good players. Look to the rankings in the PL or in national leagues. At this guys will be focused by the attacks in the beginning. e.g. come on, let us try to wipe out Xarus first.

A other point for anonymous games is that personal strains between players will be covered. If you make a NAP with someone you don't know who is the player behind. You make only diplomatic conversations with the nation and the government from the past. The game is going to a little bit more to an RPG.

• I suppose many players will share their ID with people they already know, anyway. Is this in any way disallowed or discouraged?

In what way is score calculated, all individual players of a team will simply recieve the same score in a particular round?
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

I suppose many players will share their ID with people they already know, anyway. Is this in any way disallowed or discouraged?
      No, it's not forbidden. If they are in the same team they maybe can help each other. If they in different team (normally they take the same team, if they are friends) they are maybe to fare away from each other, to make a NAP or something else. (Remember that direkt trade is forbidden.)

The small chance that the known players are close to each other and use social media for make a coordinate attack to a third player can not be locked out. But this problem we have in all competitions. We only play with players that are gentlemen and have a bit of honor. :thumbsup:

K.Rokossovski wrote:

In what way is score calculated, all individual players of a team will simply recieve the same score in a particular round?
      here from the rules:

Xarus wrote:

2.6 Points system: At the end of the season, each player receives league points equal to his victory points. These victory points are taken from the World Herald. The winning team receives a bonus of 50% on their victory points earned. The second placed team gets a bonus of 25% on their victory points.

Example: The player of the Spanish Nation has 460 SP after thirty matchdays and is in the second best team. He thus receives 575 league points. The player of the Egyptian nation after the final 235 points but is in a losing team and thus gets only 235 league points.
      So each player gets his own victory points that he has after 30 days. If he is in the winning team he gets +50% form his own VP. If he is in the second best team he gets a bonus from +25%. Other players that survive the map and not be part of the two best teams gets his VP in League Points (LP) for the competition.

• Some remarks:

Diplomacy is allowed and desired with both types. The communication should basically be done within the game and not via other media. (Skype, WhatsApp, etc.) → see 5. honor rule

This is an honorable incentive, which gets message spying back into the game. However, it is not mentioned again in section 5. I'm also afraid that it will be very hard to enforce, and will be prone to violation. Teams will NO DOUBT accuse other teams of violating it (by no other evidence than rumors) and use it for violating it themselves as well. I'd like to know of the experience with this rule in the German PL; is it enforced there in any way?

2.6 Points system: At the end of the season, each player receives league points equal to his victory points. These victory points are taken from the World Herald. The winning team receives a bonus of 50% on their victory points earned. The second placed team gets a bonus of 25% on their victory points.

First use of "season" should be "round" or "map"

3.5 Exchange of units: Generally no units in the team-league are exchanged, traded or given away, not even with comrades!

The word "generally" should be omitted here; it suggest that there may be exceptions.

3.8 Computer opponents: It is not allowed to have / offer the AI right of way or shared card. Exceptions are nations of former players (see 3.3 Inactive).

"Shared card" should be "shared map"
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • @K.Rokossovski: Thanks for you help!

I changed the points you have objected. see -> Rules & Standarts
      The honor rules can't control with normal GO methods. So if we have players that not accept the honor rules, we can only talk with him to play honorably. In the last two years we had only one incorrigible player the we have removed from the games.

Other thing,I hope you are pleased that I put you to the list of supporters of the Dirty Dozen. see Point 6.4. :thumbsup:

• Xarus wrote:

It's coming...

Q: So where can I sign-up?

A: the registration will be opened on January the 18th. All games are player anonymous, so you need 5000 Gold as enter fee. The games starts all at 18:00 UTC on the EN-Server.
      I will post the link tomorrow here and in my status line!