Coalition Victory vs Retirement

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Coalition Victory vs Retirement

Hi! I haven't been able to find what retirement means exactly. I understand it ends a game, and doesn't count as losing, but... what is it exactly? Does it get recorded for my player record as a coalition win, for example? Or as a draw? Or as a 1st/2nd/3rd placement? What are the rewards or penalties for retiring? I've seen pieces of answers here and there, but never a comprehensive explanation for what retirement is recorded as.

I also read somewhere that if a larger number of players than 3 agree to retire, Bytro can go in and end the game as a retirement. How is this done?

Thanks!
      Nyaps
    • For a coalition to win, they need to get the required victory points.There is no retire option.

Alternatively:
      If there is only 3 or less players, they can all agree to retire gaining first,second,third places for the victory points gained.
      The player with the highest VP win get the win recorded on their stats.
    • Niyaps wrote:

as a 1st/2nd/3rd placement
      Yes, the map is ended, and countries are given places First, Second, Third, etc. Retiring is NOT a coalition win.

Please note that this does not just mean active players, so if an AI has the most points, then they will get first, etc.

Niyaps wrote:

What are the rewards
      Same as they would be for ending the map by achieving the required victory points. Each place will get a fixed payout plus gold per victory point.

Niyaps wrote:

penalties for retiring?
      None, except that you will likely have fewer victory points, and thus slightly less gold than if you completed the map in another way. In most cases the difference is very small. You can do the math yourself by studying the "rewards" section of the newspaper.

Niyaps wrote:

I also read somewhere that if a larger number of players than 3 agree to retire, Bytro can go in and end the game as a retirement. How is this done?
      This is no longer done. This method was replaced with the coalition victory option.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Thank you for the answers!

The reason I ask is that I am trying to weigh the pros and cons to going for a solo victory vs going for a coalition victory in a map with only 3 people remaining, one of whom is allied to me, as far as the people in 2nd and 3rd place are concerned.

I am so far in the lead that I am closer to getting the 60% VP than the 3 of us are to getting 80% of VP, so it would save me time and give me more gold to aim for a solo win.

For the person in 3rd place I believe it would look worse on their record and give them less gold if I won and they came in third than if I offered to include them in a winning coalition.

But I cannot tell which option is better or worse for the person in 2nd.

I have also only ever seen solo wins or coalition wins listen on other player's records, never a 2nd or 3rd place listed, so I am wondering if there are status or accomplishment record advantages or disadvantages to either as far as ego and documentation are concerned
    • Niyaps wrote:

have also only ever seen solo wins or coalition wins listen on other player's records
      Those are the only statistics that are currently displayed.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<