Can an inactive player AI accept trades?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Can an inactive player AI accept trades?

Alright so Germany accepted a trade or made a province trade to Poland. Now the province is a core province of Germany. Poland has been inactive, and this trade was made while the player is registered as inactive. How is this possible, I thought inactive player AI can't accept trades or has this changed in the past year? Can someone explain this please. There's two provinces that have these treaties, each a day apart. One on day 16, and the Konigsberg example here on day 17.

Text for attachments:
      DAY 17
      Germany - Official government communiqué, 23:2

Königsberg is now German

5:21 am player1 accepted a treaty which puts Königsberg under German control, effective immediately.

DAY 15
      12:42 pm The 29th Armored Car Brigade (Poland) has captured Konigsberg.

1: name changed for privacy
    • You are right, AI's don't accept trades in principle. There are some exceptions and special cases, please consider if any of these may have been at work here:

- When both players are in the same team or coalition, player B conquering a core province of player A automatically leads to a province transfer to player A;
      - A player who has gone inactive can still log into the game. If he immediatly logs off again, his status remains inactive; if he performs any action (like, moving a unit, starting a build, etc), his status becomes active again. However, I'm not sure if "Accepting a trade" counts as an "action" in this respect. So it is possible that the player logged in again, accepted the trade, and logged off again.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • As Roko said above: If the province was a core province of Germany, then it would revert to Germany when it was "liberated" by a coalition member under an automatic treaty between the two parties.

There is also an error in the newspaper reporting that occurs in the case where Germany recaptures their own core province while in a coalition. This will be reported as a treaty when it was not.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • I am just going to point out that a nation can no longer be in a coalition once a player goes inactive. I know in team games this does not matter. This is why when kitchenlnasked this question in help that I asked him if it was a team game and got no response that I saw.
      "Strategy is the art of making use of time and space. I am less concerned about the later than the former. Space we can recover, lost time never." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

"Anyone who has to fight, even with the most modern weapons, against an enemy in complete command of the air, fights like a savage against modern European troops, under the same handicaps and with the same chances of success." ~ Erwin Rommel
    • S Schmidt wrote:

I am just going to point out that a nation can no longer be in a coalition once a player goes inactive.
      This is true, but it seems from my reading that Germany was active, and likely a member of a coalition, while Poland was inactive.

Team games do not have the core provinces return to the original owner feature as far as I know.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW

• VorlonFCW wrote:

Team games do not have the core provinces return to the original owner feature as far as I know.
      They do, which is one of the MAJOR reason I no longer play team maps and had the auto province return as a feature well before it was implemented for coalitions. Now I will admit it might have changed in the year or two since I played that team game but I doubt it.

In that one match as a team and I remember clearly that even tho my teammate was inactive I was unable to capture any of his lands while the enemy team had no problems doing so. I also remember battling and kicking the enemy out of the inactive teammates core and it auto returning. I even filled a bug report that Dr. L responded to tell me that it was correct and I was just going to have to deal with it the best I could. (I am paraphrasing him.)
      "Strategy is the art of making use of time and space. I am less concerned about the later than the former. Space we can recover, lost time never." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

"Anyone who has to fight, even with the most modern weapons, against an enemy in complete command of the air, fights like a savage against modern European troops, under the same handicaps and with the same chances of success." ~ Erwin Rommel
    • Hmm, I guess this is the thing I get to learn today :) Always more to learn about this game.

VorlonFCW