Superior Armies getting utterly destroyer

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Superior Armies getting utterly destroyer

I'm Germany and sent two Infantry into Amsterdam against a single armored car. I thought I'd win, and I knew I'd take a few casualties, but as I was monitoring the situation, some attacks wouldn't do any damage to my opponent but damage me. It confused me a lot. I went to bed and woke up, and my troops were gone and their armored car was at 11%. Here's the thing. When I went to bed, I their armored car was at 21% and my single remaining troops was around 50%. How did mine die and his didn't? ?(
    • Short answer:
      In every battle there is an X-factor that means an attack might do from zero to 100 percent of the listed damage. This is in addition to the effects of terrain, forts, and home defense.

Long answer: forum.callofwar.com/index.php?thread/6446-the-x-factor/
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • MadMike69 wrote:

It is also possible that the armoured car got to repair/heal some at daychange being on its own province.
      Units in combat don't heal.
      I thought you'd know that stuff cuz you are
      "Game Operator" Lololol

I agree with what vorlon said. Also possible is that there must be aerial attacks on the two infantry by tactical bombers and artillery bombardment that is out of sight of the innfantry.
      Another viable explanation is that the enemy golded some units in Amsterdam. This is a very useful tactic and I always resort to this whenever an important city is about to fall.
    • Pstomar wrote:

Units in combat don't heal.
      Combat could have ended before day change.

Pstomar wrote:

I thought you'd know that stuff cuz you are
      "Game Operator" Lololol
      There is no need for insults. You are expected to be polite in all forum posts.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Pstomar wrote:

MadMike69 wrote:

It is also possible that the armoured car got to repair/heal some at daychange being on its own province.
      Units in combat don't heal.I thought you'd know that stuff cuz you are
      "Game Operator" Lololol

Of course units heal in close combat if they are on their own territory at day change (and warships, as usual, heal everywhere at sea, even in melee). Only the healing with gold is never possible in melee.

>> Details about units regeneration <<

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • as usual, restrisiko is absolutely correct.

Ground units heal roughly 15 percent (actually 1/7th) of their LOST condition at day change if they are in territory they own, core or non core or captured doesnt matter. they heal in combat and when moving. Planes heal as long as they are stationed or operating out of their own air base. they dont heal if in allied territory, or if on a carrier, or if in convoy at sea. naval ships heal anywhere, in combat or moving. convoys of ground units do not heal at sea.

Also, as Vorlon has stated on the main thread for unit healing, morale doesnt matter and forts do not matter in Call of War. Regardless of morale or forts, the formula is always followed.

Hope this clarifies things, as MadMike was also correct.

Just in case you missed restrisiko's link, which explains things succinctly:

Details about units regeneration

Click this link to the above post ^^^^^^^^^^

The link also explains how you can heal faster by combining same unit types to speed "healing"

BTW, the above link is where I learned about this mechanic. Thanks again Mr. Restrisiko

The post was edited 5 times, last by Stormbringer50 ().