Quick Questions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quick Questions

Quick question. My ally and I have been placing spies in an enemy. We try and put our spies in the same province, then after they do their actions, move them out. Recently, a spy just got captured. I'm wondering if that was my spy or my friends. It doesn't say who's was captured, and in the my intelligence log, it doesn't say I lost a spy.

Does that mean it wasn't my spy, or do you not know if that was your spy.
    • If a spy is caught, it is reported on in the Newspaper. Look in it and will report under you at 12:01 or your ally at 12:01.

12:01 am 1 spy on military sabotage mission has been captured in Yopal. He was able to execute his mission. (My spy but unidentified by nation it was sent against)

12:01 am 1 spy on economical sabotage mission, who was in Chancellor S Schmidt's service, has been captured in Arcopongo. He was able to execute his mission. (My spy caught and identified by nation it was sent against)

On another point it is probably unnecessary and risks you being caught for both you and your ally to use spies in the same province.
      "Strategy is the art of making use of time and space. I am less concerned about the later than the former. Space we can recover, lost time never." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

"Anyone who has to fight, even with the most modern weapons, against an enemy in complete command of the air, fights like a savage against modern European troops, under the same handicaps and with the same chances of success." ~ Erwin Rommel
    • T-3PO wrote:

my intelligence log, it doesn't say I lost a spy.

If you still have the same number of spies, then you didn't lose any. Usually your own espionage log will show if you lost contact with a spy. Do make sure to check that you are looking at the current spy report, and not still stuck on the prior day's report. ;)

S Schmidt wrote:

probably unnecessary and risks you being caught for both you and your ally to use spies in the same province.
      Yes. You ought to buy a high command subscription and you can share intelligence, which would reduce the risk.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Nah. I'm not wasting hard earned money to buy high command. I refuse to endorse Call of War's P2W mechanics. Plus these aren't intelligence spies. We do huge damage to one province, then after day change we move. So he wastes money and we absolutely wreck his production.

I didn't lose a spy, but one was caught. It said from an unidentified country, so I guess he doesn't know it's him.
    • T-3PO wrote:

Nah. I'm not wasting hard earned money to buy high command. I refuse to endorse Call of War's P2W mechanics.
      Actually, I don't consider High Command to be part of the Pay-to-win mechanic; it is a flat fee across all your games, for a few relatively small features which are absolutely not game-changing. It is actually much closer to a pay-to-play model like we all would want to see; and to be frank, I suspect Bytro would be much more open to move in a P2P direction if more people bought HC. As it is, I'm guessing HC constitutes 5% of their income and gold 95%; from a management point of view, this makes us (the players) much more suspect from not being ready to put our money where our mouth is: we yell for P2P instead of P2W, but we don't buy the most P2P-like feature anyway.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • All the features in High Command are pretty good and make your job at lot easier. I got a 7 day free trail by redeeming my email, and rally points were very helpful. So was fire control. It's not as P2W as Gold, but it still reduces the time and effort needed to play this game. The people that don't have HC have to put more time and effort into it.

I have a simple proposition. Include more ads. Make it so you have to watch a 30 second ad to make a public game. That will not only give Bytro a little money, but it'll lower the amount of games being made a bit and stop half-full games. They also reduce the impact Gold makes on the game, so that it's not as P2W. They have more ads running during a game, because I see almost none.
    • I don't think you realize how little money that kind of forced-watching makes.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Oh, I'm fully aware.
      Ads make barely any money. But consider how many games are made a day. That would add a nice little bit of income to compensate for the small decrease in the use of gold. Plus, how many people actually buy Gold.

That actually would be nice to know.
    • well with regards to HC, I looked at it this way:

how much time have I spent on this game and would I pay this much for a game from the shop.

the time:
      I spent 6 months before getting HC and being really tight with my dosh i'd prob stretch to 20 quid for a game.

So for me, buying HC was not really an issue, it was the price I would have payed for a game, that I have enjoyed for over a year.
    • I have tried a lot of online games, and this is the least P2W of them all. I have joined 11 CoW games, 8 finished and 2 more in the final stages, and have never been bested by a gold user. And every time I look at how to spend the gold that I have received in rewards, I am surprised by how little effect the gold spending has.

I agree with other comments that High Command is a very good deal. For $4.17 per month you can play all the games you want. I love the advanced fire control, very useful, and also like the rally points. There are two types of benefit from spending money in online P2W games: micromanagement help and "cheating". HC is the former and Gold is the latter.