Province Tab issues

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Province Tab issues

I am wondering if there is a way to reduce the size of the tabs for continents (or have them wraparound)as the size now is making my province tab difficult to use esp for sorting by barracks, naval bases etc. The only reason I can see for this is a scaling issue that the continents tabs at the top of the province list is skewing the whole thing over. I have tried resizing the browser and that changes nothing.
      Images
      • Province Tab.png

341.44 kB, 1,146×441, viewed 30 times
      "Strategy is the art of making use of time and space. I am less concerned about the later than the former. Space we can recover, lost time never." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

"Anyone who has to fight, even with the most modern weapons, against an enemy in complete command of the air, fights like a savage against modern European troops, under the same handicaps and with the same chances of success." ~ Erwin Rommel
    • Congratulations on conquering land on more continents than the province list was designed to accommodate. :)

There are two ways that you can fix this:

1) Buy a bigger monitor. :D

2) Zoom out in your browser. In most browsers you can hold Ctrl and use + or - to adjust the zoom. Typically reducing the zoom from 100% to 80% makes the province list operate more normally again in these cases.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Thank you! :)

1) I am using a 40 inch monitor and not sure I want to go to 60. 8o

2) I have tried that and it is exactly the same at 75% or 125% or any other size :wallbash

I think this is going to require an actual fix in the code. I would suggest make the non selected tabs be smaller until it is selected and then previous tab resizes to the smaller size.
      "Strategy is the art of making use of time and space. I am less concerned about the later than the former. Space we can recover, lost time never." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

"Anyone who has to fight, even with the most modern weapons, against an enemy in complete command of the air, fights like a savage against modern European troops, under the same handicaps and with the same chances of success." ~ Erwin Rommel
    • S Schmidt wrote:

I have tried that and it is exactly the same at 75% or 125% or any other size
      Ah, ok. I will send this on for further testing then if that fix doesn't work any longer.

Do you remember how many "continents" you had when you first noticed this being an issue?
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW

• The issue starts arising when the stringed-together-NAMES of the areas are longer than the initial width of the main table. It has done so for ages. Some "creative" clicking in the title bar still makes it possible to select the correct building; the "target click area" is just not straight above the pictures of the building below it, but slightly crooked. But then, I'm using Chrome and the problem is slightly different than the one in the screenshot; here the "buildings" column of the main table just gets wider, but the headers scale along with that.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

The issue starts arising when the stringed-together-NAMES of the areas are longer than the initial width of the main table. It has done so for ages
      As always excellent analysis by Roko. :)

VorlonFCW