Troops moving on their own?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Troops moving on their own?

In an aliace vs aliance game I am playing, the units of my alance several times start moving on their own and stop in front of enemy artilery. It happened several times when we are not online to different players. When it happened first time I though my player made mistake and moved them by accident but than happened to me and another player. Is it a bug or something else? Thank you?
    • Did the units that moved have artillery in them?

If you give an artillery unit an "attack" order it will follow the target around trying to continue the attack when the target moves away. It is quite common to try and lead an artillery group into a trap this way. When it becomes clear your enemy knows this trick you have to be careful about leaving artillery unattended unless you give them a "stop" order before you log off.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • No. I know about that. No attack order. Yes, there are artilery units in those stacks but it only happens from the same province. Whoever of us have unist in that province they at some point start moving at their own. For example they didnt fight and than enemy retreats so they follow. They were just standing there guarding in case enemy wants to conquer that province and suddanly at some point they just start moving towards enemy units. It happened yesterday again, luckily i was there.
    • Dirtyboy wrote:

and than enemy retreats so they follow.

This sounds exactly like what I described above with an attack order given.

But you say:

Dirtyboy wrote:

No attack order.

Which is very interesting.

If the enemy has artillery units they are doing what some people call "shoot and scoot" where they come up, bombard you for a moment, then turn around a scoot back to safety.

Are the province owner's units taking the bait? or just allied units in that province?
      Do any of you have high command with fire control setttings, or not? If so what fire control setting are you using?
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Yes. The enemy has artilery units in their stack. And yes, he often comes bombards you for a moment than retreats. Now I cant garanty if our units follow as soon as they return because it always happens when we are not online only yesterday it happened when I was online but wasnt looking at computer. It is Baiona- Pamplona provinces. It is happening to my units on Baiona province, that province belongs to me and it hapened to my ally while his units were on that province. But it is wierd because that time when his units start moving my units were standing at the same spot but they didnt move. I thought maybe it was a bug or even some kind of cheat because I have been playing this game for more than 3 years and this never happened before.