A Little Discussion of the Forum

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A Little Discussion of the Forum

So, an idea popped up in my head about this forum: what do you think about this forum? What trend do you see? What do you think are the main problems in this forum and how can it be fixed? Do you think this forum is useful? Etc, etc. My point is, everyone here can have a say about anything about this forum. I want everyone who posts here to be honest, but not rude. Rant/Praise, but not discriminating. Simply - apply common sense. Please don't violate these because I really don't want another thread being forcefully shut down because of excess spam/trash/useless things.

Here's my take on things (I must say, I'm gonna give some criticism, and some may be offended.):
      I really like this forum ever since I came here. The genuine discussions, the honest feedback, the politeness and respect from and to the devs, the advice, etc. I really like how every time I came here, I could learn more about the flaws and of the good things the game has to offer (although I heard more of flaws). The constructive criticism and honesty really helped me contemplate not only what this game has to improve, but also myself. Also, I am really glad that the posts I made contributed to changes in the community, and I felt good when people accept my advice, just as I would accept others' advice. I admit sometimes I am too blunt and may have said things that are wrong, but it is the community that helped me improve on my attitude and carefulness.

However, after a rather long break from the forum and I came back, I realized there were quite some changes, whether publicly or quietly. Firstly, I found many former active forum members who give really good feedback are no longer here, which made me really hurt because they have contributed a lot to this community. I will name some because they deserve to be named: MontanaBB, Quasi Duck, Diabolical, Retrisiko, (Hope I spelt that right), etc. There were also some which I thought can be new core contributors to the improvement of this game not appearing on the forum anymore. Second, this forum's community have taken a turn for the worse in categorizing (I actually believe this also belongs in the criticism part). I have often found threads that should be in suggest/criticize section in general discussion or vice versa. I know it doesn't feel important, but it has made me frustrated a little as I went in the thread and realized it doesn't belong there, which means I have wasted precious moments of my life. Third, the quality of the replies themselves have taken a turn for the worse. I'm not saying I want those super long articles (articles that needs two posts to complete) nor those two worded ones, but that many lack in depth. Ok, some are answers to simple questions and I get it, because it needs a quick, direct response. However, there are many, especially in suggestions/criticism, where it deserves quality and deep responses, which are just random suggestions that lack in evidence. I have to say some of my points lack in evidence as well. My point is, so many people have wasted their posts on useless feedback just to get attention, points, etc. I don't want this to continue to happen, and below are a few points for improvements:

1. Give moderators the power to change the category of the thread, but with a limit of 2 per day in case of excess usage. This allows convenience and makes the categorizing actually worth it.
      2. Allow for dislikes, and once it gets a certain amount of dislikes (say 5, and one of them a dev/moderator to stop bullying), the person who posted it will minus points. If it gets even more (say 20), the person will get a certain punishment (ex: banned from forum for one day, limit posts per week). This will give the person an incentive to be careful in their words or simply think before they write. I think this can improve the quality of posts from the forum.

I hope this is useful and opens up a new round of meaningful discussion.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • Little Racoon wrote:

1. Give moderators the power to change the category of the thread, but with a limit of 2 per day in case of excess usage. This allows convenience and makes the categorizing actually worth it.
      2. Allow for dislikes, and once it gets a certain amount of dislikes (say 5, and one of them a dev/moderator to stop bullying), the person who posted it will minus points. If it gets even more (say 20), the person will get a certain punishment (ex: banned from forum for one day, limit posts per week). This will give the person an incentive to be careful in their words or simply think before they write. I think this can improve the quality of posts from the forum.
      Versions of these suggestions are already in place. Thanks for caring about forum