What Happens to Country Resources When It Has Been Defeated?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What Happens to Country Resources When It Has Been Defeated?

I have been unable to find an answer to this question. Perhaps my search criteria is insufficient.

My question is: When a country's last province has been captured, and the country is removed from the game, what happens to the resources it may have accrued?

Does the conquering nation get all or some of it?
      Does it all just vanish?

Thanks
    • Whenever you capture any province, you get a portion of the resources that province has produced recently. It seems to average about the same as 12 hours production for the prior owner, which would be 50% of the prior day's production.

I suspect that if the province owner doesn't have that quantity of those resources in inventory, that you won't get the maximum amount, similar to Economic sabotage spies who are unable to steal or destroy resources that don't exist.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • How about we actually answer the question from the OP.

Answer = all resources are destroyed once you take the last province (if no units remain) and player is removed from the game. A good idea is to ask a dying/losing player to "send his stuff" to you. This usually only works if you have been somewhat friendly with the player.
    • BeerBelly wrote:

Answer = all resources are destroyed once you take the last province (if no units remain) and player is removed from the game. A good idea is to ask a dying/losing player to "send his stuff" to you. This usually only works if you have been somewhat friendly with the player.
      You do know that countries still exist after they lose their last province, right? They could theoretically choose to abandon their core, lose all their land, and then conquer some Pacific/Atlantic islands and live there.
      "Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster." ~ Sun Tzu, The Art of War

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
    • BeerBelly wrote:

You didn't answer the question by the OP. OP is asking about all the OTHER resources a player has and what happens to them when you take his last province.
      i didnt a=nswer because vorlon had already answered and his answer is correct

VorlonFCW wrote:

Whenever you capture any province, you get a portion of the resources that province has produced recently. It seems to average about the same as 12 hours production for the prior owner, which would be 50% of the prior day's production.

I suspect that if the province owner doesn't have that quantity of those resources in inventory, that you won't get the maximum amount, similar to Economic sabotage spies who are unable to steal or destroy resources that don't exist.
    • EBrown57 wrote:

I have been unable to find an answer to this question. Perhaps my search criteria is insufficient.

My question is: When a country's last province has been captured, and the country is removed from the game, what happens to the resources it may have accrued?

Does it all just vanish?

Thanks
      Whatever resources except manpower that don't go to the person capturing the last province are lost. Those resources go to all zeros.
    • Since we are discussing capturing resources a related topic is how to prevent there capture. By using the market, you can deprive a conquering power from gaining your resources. If someone is about to capture one of your metal provinces, place a sell metal order on the market for all your metal at $30 each. This depletes your current inventory to 0, so when the province is captured the only resources garnered are those produced since you placed the sell order. When you need the resources later, cancel the trade and the resources flow back into your inventory. You can also hide your cash by placing a buy order for $1 each, but choose a resouce type where others are paying more for the resource.
      "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

"Do, or do not. There is no try" - Yoda
    • Peter Mat wrote:

Since we are discussing capturing resources a related topic is how to prevent there capture. By using the market, you can deprive a conquering power from gaining your resources. If someone is about to capture one of your metal provinces, place a sell metal order on the market for all your metal at $30 each. This depletes your current inventory to 0, so when the province is captured the only resources garnered are those produced since you placed the sell order. When you need the resources later, cancel the trade and the resources flow back into your inventory. You can also hide your cash by placing a buy order for $1 each, but choose a resouce type where others are paying more for the resource.
      Good strategy, I would've never thought about hiding them this way.
    • grandpooba52 wrote:

BeerBelly wrote:

You didn't answer the question by the OP. OP is asking about all the OTHER resources a player has and what happens to them when you take his last province.
      i didnt a=nswer because vorlon had already answered and his answer is correct

VorlonFCW wrote:

Whenever you capture any province, you get a portion of the resources that province has produced recently. It seems to average about the same as 12 hours production for the prior owner, which would be 50% of the prior day's production.

Please re-read the OP. Vorlon did not answer it either. The player is asking about all the resources that have been accumulated ("it has accrued"), not a single province. The answer is they (the resources) get wiped out (assuming no units exist and the player is dead).
    • EBrown57 wrote:

Does it all just vanish?

Thanks
      The correct answer, which only I have given is, all the resources the player has accrued/accumulated vanish (are removed) once his last province falls and assuming all his units are all dead as well.