Can Admin Video competition game.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Can Admin Video competition game.

As you know the success of esport. I was thinking wouldn't it be great if Admin could video record the competition games. They could edit it and record as they see fit. Including close up animation of important or decisive battles.

Overall you can have the main map which can be played in fast time to show the progress, then edit in certain closer clips of battle in fast time.

This would make it a proper little sport for the Twitch channels.

It just occured to me today that i would love to see Lord and his alliance B.U.M play Deci Legio and the Devastators Play FFA in the Knock out phase. It would be fascinating. I would also love to see the Russian Bears play and PSF and others.

Perhaps you might take some notes from Osprey and their historical War re enactments ( found on you tube). To how best narrate and plot the games.

Is it possible COW can hire someone here with those skills, It easy technically easy to do but requires - 24/7 Video running.

Then every day you have to edit it and play the daily updates. Would be great promotion for the game and the E sport.
    • If they were to do this, it would only be for select competitions, and for the most part should be sped up to speed up the viewing process. Most importantly though, what does Bytro personally gain from helping with this? Will this cost gold to video games or just straight-out money? Do you expect it to be a free service? Maybe just start with a spectating option that becomes available when the game is full and started, and then you can gradually move on from there.
      "Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak". ~ Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    • The service is provided or at least subsidized by Bytro. It does not cost the players anything. It does not cost the viewers anything.

I am not sure you understand the reasoning behind the idea. Bytro gains exposure which in turn increases membership. It is a positive cycle. It has proven successfull in FPS games like CSGO which has started an multi million dollar Esport.

Now there is are Esports for most games.

My reference to Osprey would be to appeal to a particular section on interest. FPS fans may not be so interested to watch these competitions games,whereas people that have never played COW but enjoy strategic battle might actually be interested. So you have that exposure for it to grow.
    • If you video it though, when the video is being viewed, it needs a speed multiplier so you don't just watch 30 days of gameplay (make sure a disclaimer is included to tell viewers gameplay takes much longer). The speed multipliers also need to vary by map (generally faster for small maps, and slower for large maps). The games that are recorded should also be a low count so the servers can handle it, so the Player's League, Dirty Dozen and other community group competitions would be great candidates. Also the newspaper statistic for the day should appear every time at day change for around 5 seconds (they can pause if they want). You should also show OPTIONAL notifications for daily activities from every player (some options that could be turned on/off may include buildings finished or researches started/finished (anything that is typically invisible to other players)). The fog of war would obviously be off - meaning you can see unit movements of every nation (but they should mention that's not accurate). So many details to worry about, I'm starting to wonder if Bytro would even attempt all of it.

Something to figure out is if these would be viewable during the match or are they simply replays. And would people be able to spectate any game that they are not a part of if it still is taking place? Live gameplay with full detail CANNOT be permitted because players may use it to their advantage (ruining the game).

Still, I think a spectate feature, with extremely limited information would be necessary before this video thing can work. So it would include all the public knowledge (much of the newspaper), and the province ownership colors. The spectate feature probably should be limited to certain games (any game with it might lag more).
      "Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak". ~ Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    • New

Such a thing is not possible, and would be in violation of The General Data Protection Regulation.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Senior Game Operator
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • New

VorlonFCW wrote:

Such a thing is not possible, and would be in violation of The General Data Protection Regulation.
      Does this apply to all games because Bytro is in Germany, or does it only apply when one of the players is in the EU?

Anyways if any video is allowed to be displayed, the video would have to be uninformative of where one's troops are located.

Would it be possible to make a spectator option where the spectator has no knowledge of unit locations, player names, or any specifics other than the changing map borders for each country and the newspaper stats (strongest army, most developed, best economy, richest ruler, etc.)?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lukenick ().

• New

VorlonFCW wrote:

beep boop beep

That sounds like a lot of stupid bureaucracy to me, what exactly is this regulation? I've never heard of it (Probably because I'm from Chernobyl and we dont have laws here)
      "ANU! CHEEKI BREEKI IV DAMKE!"
    • New

Lukenick wrote:

Does this apply to all games because Bytro is in Germany,
      Yes.

Lukenick wrote:

Would it be possible to make a spectator option where the spectator has no knowledge of unit locations, player names, or any specifics other than the changing map borders for each country and the newspaper stats (strongest army, most developed, best economy, richest ruler, etc.)?
      I doubt that such a spectator option would be possible, but of course one of the players can take images and data from the newspaper and embellish it with some commentary. Such was done quite well by @K.Rokossovski for the players league a few seasons ago.

JCS Darragh wrote:

what exactly is this regulation?
      EU privacy laws and such.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Senior Game Operator
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<