Need high speed ALL the time

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Need high speed ALL the time

hi I played your game for the first time about six months ago and I really enjoyed it because for the time I was playing I had nothing else to do but play and the game was speed mode and I guess being able to put in all that time really makes a difference especially with speed mode where every second counts. I ended up getting in second place and once again I had a lot of fun. Well little did I know that this wasn't the normal type of game mode that's always available to play. I tried doing another mode but when I found out that it takes my infantry a whole day to move across 1 province, well I stopped playing. I only came back today because I got an email saying that I got a 30,000 gold gift from you guys.

I decided I would come and check it out again and I was happy to see that there is a new speed event. I quickly signed up and I'm currently in peacetime, waiting to fight and I can't wait!!!!

I'm writing this to tell you guys that if you offered the max speed mode as a standard option, I would be a lot more active. And I'm sure a lot of other people would too. I think it's nice that you have the slow modes for people who have work and who just want to set an attack go to work and come home and then manage their provinces or whatever. Yeah that's great but what about people like me who literally have nothing to do and need a Time killer all day? There's a lot of impatient young people out there who don't want to wait. And who may not have jobs.
    • Personally I like the speed fine the way it is and I am not in the least interested in a faster pace. This game is very complex, you have to really work on your economy, diplomacy, infrastructure unit production etc... The longer you stay in a field the harder it gets planning wise and the more time it requires to play right.

So by day 40ish there is plenty to keep you busy for hours at a time and speeding up the game is just no viable or sustainable for some of us. Some of us have lives, work, families, etc...

There are countless of faster paced games out there, feel free to play any of them, but leave the speed for CoW alone and knock yourself out speedwise once a month they have special event maps.
    • Thanks for the suggestion! We will run alot more events going forward, keep checking the main page at all times to not miss out on event announcements (at the top with timers now :)). Regarding regular speed games, we also offer that now in form of the new tutorial mode map, which is 2x speed, 4x combat speed and 25% smaller map than regular, also with pre-placed troops to get you going fast. After your current event, try joining one of those! Good luck!
    • dioglaert wrote:

Just make sure you keep offering a big variety of speed options as there are obviously people who strongly prefer normal speed and people who want 4- or 6x speed. I would like to see an experimental half speed or two-thirds speed.
      So are you thinking the game isn't long enough? Or do you simply think it would be even better, and possibly more accurate at a slower speed?
      "Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster." ~ Sun Tzu, The Art of War

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
    • Kanaris wrote:

Personally I like the speed fine the way it is and I am not in the least interested in a faster pace. This game is very complex, you have to really work on your economy, diplomacy, infrastructure unit production etc... The longer you stay in a field the harder it gets planning wise and the more time it requires to play right.

So by day 40ish there is plenty to keep you busy for hours at a time and speeding up the game is just no viable or sustainable for some of us. Some of us have lives, work, families, etc...

There are countless of faster paced games out there, feel free to play any of them, but leave the speed for CoW alone and knock yourself out speedwise once a month they have special event maps.
      I do not have 40 days to play a game. I was sorry each time i did it, and not going to do it anymore. I played 6x speed once, server ended in 4 days, perfect. I would be nice to be able to play it whenever you have a 4 days window in RL.