Stop the Vultures

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Stop the Vultures

So I'm fighting a clan of four or one masquerading as four ( never played against a silent team, not one word between them in a week yet they sync their forces perfectly ) at any rate their new tactic or "exploit" is to have megagroups of bombers on patrol over a unit they want destroyed this way every time the planes rotate over my units they release their bombs (yes my units fire back but "megagroup" cant do much against it) in this way they dont have to return to base to rearm and hover the whole day wherever they feel like it, I could send scud missiles to bomb their home field but with them hovering all day I cant wait that long, I feel its an unfair exploit ( I know of no military plane able to do what these do) and it should be corrected. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
    • Yes I'm aware of that and I don't accuse them directly of it, the hovering endlessly is whats unnerving, if it were half a squadron like Bill suggested then I should be able to hit their home field and damage them that way, however that is not the case field is empty damage only to airstrip does not affect their performance. The only way to stop this is either a massive amount of AA support (in which case they simply choose to go somewhere safer or challenge them directly) this is not that unusual pretty much what the lesser power faces it's only the fact that you cannot harm them by hitting their home field that I consider as OP.
    • Leadpiper wrote:

Yes I'm aware of that and I don't accuse them directly of it, the hovering endlessly is whats unnerving, if it were half a squadron like Bill suggested then I should be able to hit their home field and damage them that way, however that is not the case field is empty damage only to airstrip does not affect their performance. The only way to stop this is either a massive amount of AA support (in which case they simply choose to go somewhere safer or challenge them directly) this is not that unusual pretty much what the lesser power faces it's only the fact that you cannot harm them by hitting their home field that I consider as OP.
      Could you please explain why exactly you couldn't just have a large group of interceptors patrol over your units to destroy them?
    • Simple when attacked by superior strength you always find yourself lacking this or that, my few fighter squadrons would've been wiped out if I went up against their stack, only option was hit and run, using rockets to hit them as they refuel is very effective, though you have to calc exact flight time and refuel time, (here having an advance figure on rocket flight before launch would be extremely helpful) but as soon as my foes figured out what my strat was, they simply loitered above my units indefinitely.