Air wing would not patrol

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Air wing would not patrol

I sent an air wing to patrol at the edge of its range to reach a target barely in the patrol circle. Planes arrived at the destination and instead of patrolling acted like they were on direct attack and immediatly returned to base and refueled. Although there were no enemies within the range circle to attack I thought perhaps I did something by mistake and sent the air wing back to patrol at the same location. Once again they arrived and immediatly turned around to return to base and refuel. Sent them to a different location then they behaved as they should.

A couple other players said it has happened to them but that was the first time I ran across it.
    • I have heard of this, but never experienced it or been able to duplicate it.

The explanation is that the displayed circle is imperfect, it is more of an oval than a circle due to the way that the map is represented on a flat surface. Distances measured north to south are different than distances measured east to west because of this "stretching" of the map to make it lay flat.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<