New Event - All Countries: All In

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New Event - All Countries: All In

Dear Generals,

Did you ever want to take the reigns of the smaller nations that participated in World War 2? Now is the time, because according to the motto ‘all countries, all-in’ you can choose any historical nation that existed in 1939 in this Event. Try to grow a small country into a big empire or pick an established superpower and surround yourself with allies. Recreate history or conquer the whole world in this historical battle scenario!

Event Details:
      • Sign-up period: 2019/02/08, 11 AM CET - 2019/02/12, 11 AM CET
      • Historical world map with borders of 1939
      • 73 players: Every nation of 1939 playable
      • No AI countries
      • Random country selection
      • Starts-when-full
      • Starting conditions are balanced historically
      • AI & human player peace period of 24 real-life hours
      • 2x speed
      During the sign-up period the event maps can be found at the top of the games list. Join these event map to participate. We wish you good luck and much fun!

Please give us feedback! :)

Your Bytro team
      Sarah / Sasri
      Ex-Community Manager
    • The new event has a major BUG - it has allowed a nation to declare war and attack during peace period, take territory and not be attacked back.

Please fix or explain, there are 15 hours of peace period left and the attacker can just move into territory and capture it, this really sucks!!!!!!!

Game 2,622,385
    • To have a bug looked at you need to fill out a bug report from that particular map using the menu in the lower right corner.

The fact that you can't attack back proves that the peace period is working properly.

I suspect that you gave this other player right of way or shared map first? It is never a good idea to give someone you don't know permission to enter your territory during a peace period. Some players will take advantage of your generosity, but there is little we can do as you invited them into your country.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • There are some countries on this event map that actually do produce more resources, such as Yemen in your example. This is not a bug or a glitch, but the way this map is. I do not believe there are presently any plans to change it during this event, but some changes may be done before the next time this map is used for an event.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW

• I became Bolivia, we don't get any resource buff at all from the normal 25 players map. Also seeing this as a coalition game instead of the advertised "team" game. I don't un-buffed mid-sized countries get a chance to win without teaming up with 2 other super powers
    • Hey, at least you're not Danzig. I feel it's quite interesting, although I am disappointed to get Yugoslavia. Yugoslavia is easy if you manage the diplomacy well, but I wanted countries that are usually AI, such as Saudi Arabia. To be honest, I like the major advantage of Yemen and Panama, since they allow incentives to take over these amazingly OP resource hotspots. I have some minor thumbs down, such as unlucky players getting Danzig (it should be included into Poland), but otherwise, it's great!

P.S: try allying with Danzig and see how that goes. I'm allying with Danzig in my game.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • Little Racoon wrote:

To be honest, I like the major advantage of Yemen and Panama, since they allow incentives to take over these amazingly OP resource hotspots.
      Exactly. It creates a "king of the mountain" type of atmosphere

VorlonFCW

• This event sucks, please NEVER offer it again!!! Here is the list of countries that I got (I quit immediately). I'm not going to join a coalition on this terrible map and just get carried to the win. Why does Bytro think it is fair/fun to give some players gigantic advantages and others HUGE penalties? 100% dumb idea.

1. Liberia
      2. Albania
      3. Costa Rica
      4. Ireland
      5. Belgium
      6. Panama
    • Thanks for the feedback and the reports already!

Reason for the event: We got the feedback quite alot that players wanted to play all countries on the historical world map. This event provided this opportunity. It is not meant to be balanced and it is not meant to give all countries the same opportunities. The focus is more on providing historical atmosphere and more accurate ways to replay WW2. We hope that the event is fun for the players who like that.

Not all events are for everyone. We try to run different kinds of events suited for different kinds of players and expectations. Since we have weekly events now, everyone can just read the descriptions to decide if one should join or skip it for next week's event.

As a reminder: Events are communicated on the main website now with countdown, there won't be a news post any more for events that are not completely new events.
    • BeerBelly wrote:

This event sucks, please NEVER offer it again!!! Here is the list of countries that I got (I quit immediately). I'm not going to join a coalition on this terrible map and just get carried to the win. Why does Bytro think it is fair/fun to give some players gigantic advantages and others HUGE penalties? 100% dumb idea.
      Your message says as much as "I am an unimaginative player"

Belgium almost got me on my map, where I am the Netherlands. If he had won, he could now be in my position.
      Now, another few days later... the Netherlands is 'Numero Unero' on the map :)))

I am pretty sure I can do the same thing when playing Belgium, provided I have the same circumstances (that I am not telling).

And I would love to play Albania or Yemen or Panama some time! Or Danzig... and maybe conquer the world.... or maybe just survive. Can't win every game, so survival can be a goal in itself, requiring a different approach and ... some imagination :)

Devs, please keep offering this event regularly, so I can play many different countries!
    • Erhhh, having said all that... Support to the rescue in event map 2622725 please! Map doesnt load.

Edit: I can access the mobile version, so no emergency on my side.
      Edit2: reset solved the problem with the convoyed ghost planes (I guess)

The post was edited 2 times, last by _Pontus_ ().

• I would really wanna join another one, but unforturnately I don't have enough time. I would REALLY like this as a system game like the 100p every now and then and make the 25p available for player-create again. I would DEFINITELY want to try out Danzig. I mean if I get wiped out early on, doesn't affect my stats much, and if I get Poland, I get a sense of achievement.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • BeerBelly wrote:

Why does Bytro think it is fair/fun to give some players gigantic advantages and others HUGE penalties?
      That sums up the historical map in general. Loved by many and despised by others.

Personally I think that the "big" countries have a disadvantage at the start anyway in the historical map, so a group of small or even micro countries can probably make it just as well. They don't have the overhead, the population, the oil drinking navy, and the scattered provinces of the big nations.

VorlonFCW

• Little Racoon wrote:

I would really wanna join another one, but unforturnately I don't have enough time. I would REALLY like this as a system game like the 100p every now and then and make the 25p available for player-create again. I would DEFINITELY want to try out Danzig. I mean if I get wiped out early on, doesn't affect my stats much, and if I get Poland, I get a sense of achievement.
      If not offered, something you can do. 4 or 5 friends and I set up a 25 historic map and no one was allowed to play as a major power. We used elite AI and had to conquer the world with the minor powers we chose. Note it does take a while to do this. I was India once and Yugoslavia once.
      "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

"Do, or do not. There is no try" - Yoda
    • I like the gamemode but I don't like the rules of the game. I think next time this event comes out it should be free country selection, and it should be a little more balanced. Countries like Greece have struggling economies, while Yemen is drowning in riches.
      "That's impossible! The Americans only know how to make razor blades."
      "We could do with some of those razor blades, Herr Reichsmarshall."
      Hermann Goring and Erwin Rommel
    • iDragons wrote:

I like the gamemode but I don't like the rules of the game. I think next time this event comes out it should be free country selection, and it should be a little more balanced. Countries like Greece have struggling economies, while Yemen is drowning in riches.
      I agree that countries like Yemen have too much of an advantage in specific resources, but keep in mind that Yemen doesn't have oil production and is prone to early invasions. I played Yugoslavia in the event, and found it hard to expand because two major powers are on my doorstep, but in the end it was quite fun (until I got conquered by Spain and USSR combined). I think free country selection is pretty nice, but that the major powers would be taken early on (the clear advantages). Well, you'll never know how you'll end up.

• Oh man, bring this event back. I had so much fun playing as Finland... that being said, I really don't think that certain 1-province countries was a good idea. I know that the countries were intentionally given more resources and larger armies to begin with as a balancing thing, but at the end of the day, why not just make Finland, Belgium, The Netherlands, Portugal, Egypt, South Africa, Siam, New Zealand, Denmark, Norway, Columbia, Venezuela, Peru, Bolavia, and Chile playable to begin with? In fact, why make Cuba playable at all, outside of this event? It's a good idea, but was kind of buggy, and SERIOUSLY unbalanced. I think this mode has great potential as an event, but maybe modify a few things?