Bombing Nuclear Rockets?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Bombing Nuclear Rockets?

greetings

Approaching the end game of large map and we see the AI has got itself stack of 18 Nuclear Rockets parked in its capital

So my coalition partner sends in the Tactical air - and the rockets detonated.

Capital, rockets and bombers, all destroyed. So yay! (mostly)....

But can someone confirm this please - that if you can destroy a nuclear rocket on the ground with Air power, this will cause them of 'go off'.

And just a follow up observation to that...the AI seems very ineffective when it comes using offensive air power (rockets, tactical and strategic air). I cant recall ever having to counter AI air power beyond swarms of fighters... maybe the occasional normal rocket...

This applies to abandonedcountries - where the player may have built offensive air....
    • I'm pretty sure the bombs don't "go off." Pretty sure they simply disappear if that's what your asking for. What you saw might be a bug or something because it has never happened to me before unless you did send a rocket or someone else did.
    • Attacked AI automatically starts counter attacks. Some units immediately, others later.

In this case rocket/s who survived the plane attack will doubtless have launched a direct counter-attack and have exploded in their own attack, but not because they were hitted by the planes.

And I guess in the World-Herald it would stated that his planes were destroyed by the enemy rockets.

Same happens on the ground, as I have noted in several attempts -- when you attack in an enemy city not the defending army, but directly the rockets stationed there -- remaining undestroyed rockets beats back immediately.

So it's a normal process, not a bug, not a trick, and not a Sony ..

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D

The post was edited 1 time, last by Restrisiko ().

• Yes, the AI is not cognisant of the fact that they will destroy themselves in the process with their own nuke.

I saw one person mention that they were approaching an enemy capital for a closer look, or perhaps even on a road that went around the capital. The AI had an atomic bomber, and decided to attack the player's single light tank with said atomic bomber, which incinerated all the AI's own units at the capital. This enabled the player to capture it without further combat. :00008356: :00008356: :00008356: :00008356: :00008356:
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

Yes, the AI is not cognisant of the fact that they will destroy themselves in the process with their own nuke.

I saw one person mention that they were approaching an enemy capital for a closer look, or perhaps even on a road that went around the capital. The AI had an atomic bomber, and decided to attack the player's single light tank with said atomic bomber, which incinerated all the AI's own units at the capital. This enabled the player to capture it without further combat. :00008356: :00008356: :00008356: :00008356: :00008356:
      :00008172: :00008356: :00008172: :muahaha:
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

Yes, the AI is not cognisant of the fact that they will destroy themselves in the process with their own nuke.

Many thanks for this info. However, I would like to know can a player destroy level 4 and nuclear rockets on the ground using tactical and strategic bombers?

Besides, what happens if level 4 or nuclear rockets are bombed by bombers. Will rockets retaliate and destroy the bombers? I checked defence capabilities of rockets and there was "0" for aircraft. What does this mean?

I will appreciate guidance on this.