The New Call of Gold

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The New Call of Gold

New

I have been a loyal COW player for quite some time now... I am at the point of retiring due to the pay-to-win system that has been introduced over that last six months. In the last three months I have played and successfully maintained top 5 standing in every game. However, there is now a new element; Leprechauns. How are we to play honest rounds when jimmynoob is spending $300/day? Something needs to be done or I, as well as a lot of us loyal players, are going to walk...
      “A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week.” - Lt. Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 1943
    • New

MACKMITTENZ wrote:

I have been a loyal COW player for quite some time now... I am at the point of retiring due to the pay-to-win system that has been introduced over that last six months. In the last three months I have played and successfully maintained top 5 standing in every game. However, there is now a new element; Leprechauns. How are we to play honest rounds when jimmynoob is spending $300/day? Something needs to be done or I, as well as a lot of us loyal players, are going to walk...
      Ever tried the Players league? Gold free games. Though it is a competitive environment, having gold not be a worry makes the games possibly very interesting.
    • New

I have lost more times in gold free tournament games than I have otherwise, so I can' t say that there is any uptick in players spending habits that I have seen.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Senior Game Operator
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • New

T-3PO wrote:

Call of War hasn't changed really.

The best way to defeat a gold member is before they get rockets
      If he uses gold for spamming rockets, when you are nearby him :

- Always keep your units moving, moreover if you are online.
      - Never have your air force landed. Always patrolling.
      - Use strategic bombers to destroy his infrastructures, specifically level 2 airports.
    • New

has the idea of cap games been brought up?

you know, unlike gold free games you have a game where you have a gold cap spending limit for each in game day.

this way, if you want to spend you can spend, but you have to be more strategic about it.

this way you can't just endlessly spam.

i hate the gold warriors too, but it is a part of the game. it would be nice to have different tiered games though based on different spending habits.

just a thought, but probably not an original one.
    • New

Hello fellow players,

I have said this before, but I feel the need to say it again. I have had a lot of players expose my gold use in the papers during different maps. Funny thing is, I do not use gold. I prefer the tactic and strategical skill in managing without it. To some people my experience and skill in the game thusfar makes it seem as if I use gold.

Still, does that mean I lose to 'heavy gold users' every now and then? Yes it does. Out of my 30 maps played I encountered 4 and lost twice to someone that could be considered a heavy gold user. One of those times was in my noob fase. That was extra hard and I was as good as dead within a day.

My point? The difference between a skilled player and a gold user is manageble. A skilled gold user is the only unbeatable gold user and those are extremely rare. Try harder, be smarter, use some cunning and you will probably come out on top anyway.

Above all, change your attitude, these people pay for the game we all like and play for free.

Enjoy your future games!

Edepedable

The post was edited 1 time, last by Edepedable ().

• New

Edepedable wrote:

I have had a lot of players expose my gold use in the papers during different maps. Funny thing is, I do not use gold. I prefer the tactic and strategical skill in managing without it. To some people my experience and skill in the game thusfar makes it seem as if I use gold.
      Same here. I am sometimes cautious about how hard and fast I hit an enemy because they will accuse me of using mountains of gold, when I in fact did not. Skill, timing, and attention to detail are sadly lacking in 75% of the opponents that I face.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Senior Game Operator
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<