The New Call of Gold

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The New Call of Gold

I have been a loyal COW player for quite some time now... I am at the point of retiring due to the pay-to-win system that has been introduced over that last six months. In the last three months I have played and successfully maintained top 5 standing in every game. However, there is now a new element; Leprechauns. How are we to play honest rounds when jimmynoob is spending $300/day? Something needs to be done or I, as well as a lot of us loyal players, are going to walk...
      “A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week.” - Lt. Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 1943
    • Leprechauns...?

The gold system hasn't basically changed for several years now.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • MACKMITTENZ wrote:

I have been a loyal COW player for quite some time now... I am at the point of retiring due to the pay-to-win system that has been introduced over that last six months. In the last three months I have played and successfully maintained top 5 standing in every game. However, there is now a new element; Leprechauns. How are we to play honest rounds when jimmynoob is spending $300/day? Something needs to be done or I, as well as a lot of us loyal players, are going to walk...
      Ever tried the Players league? Gold free games. Though it is a competitive environment, having gold not be a worry makes the games possibly very interesting.
    • I have lost more times in gold free tournament games than I have otherwise, so I can' t say that there is any uptick in players spending habits that I have seen.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • T-3PO wrote:

Call of War hasn't changed really.

The best way to defeat a gold member is before they get rockets
      If he uses gold for spamming rockets, when you are nearby him :

- Always keep your units moving, moreover if you are online.
      - Never have your air force landed. Always patrolling.
      - Use strategic bombers to destroy his infrastructures, specifically level 2 airports.
    • has the idea of cap games been brought up?

you know, unlike gold free games you have a game where you have a gold cap spending limit for each in game day.

this way, if you want to spend you can spend, but you have to be more strategic about it.

this way you can't just endlessly spam.

i hate the gold warriors too, but it is a part of the game. it would be nice to have different tiered games though based on different spending habits.

just a thought, but probably not an original one.
    • It has been brought up, and as you said, generally not worth it. This is why things like the Players League exists, and as I've said several times before, skill and teamwork generally defeat, "Leprechauns" as OP called them.
      Eminem2891
      EN Senior Moderator | JA Senior GO
      EN/JA Support Teams | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click here to submit a bug report or support ticket
    • Hello fellow players,

I have said this before, but I feel the need to say it again. I have had a lot of players expose my gold use in the papers during different maps. Funny thing is, I do not use gold. I prefer the tactic and strategical skill in managing without it. To some people my experience and skill in the game thusfar makes it seem as if I use gold.

Still, does that mean I lose to 'heavy gold users' every now and then? Yes it does. Out of my 30 maps played I encountered 4 and lost twice to someone that could be considered a heavy gold user. One of those times was in my noob fase. That was extra hard and I was as good as dead within a day.

My point? The difference between a skilled player and a gold user is manageble. A skilled gold user is the only unbeatable gold user and those are extremely rare. Try harder, be smarter, use some cunning and you will probably come out on top anyway.

Above all, change your attitude, these people pay for the game we all like and play for free.

Enjoy your future games!

Edepedable

The post was edited 1 time, last by Edepedable ().

• For those that are serious about "retiring" from CoW, due to excessive losses to geldmeisters'
      CoN is hosting a tournament with gold disabled:

"
      • Gold Disabled - Players are technically stopped when using gold features
      • Buy in - To take part and play in the game, you will need to pay 5,000 upfront upon joining in
      "
    • Edepedable wrote:

I have had a lot of players expose my gold use in the papers during different maps. Funny thing is, I do not use gold. I prefer the tactic and strategical skill in managing without it. To some people my experience and skill in the game thusfar makes it seem as if I use gold.
      Same here. I am sometimes cautious about how hard and fast I hit an enemy because they will accuse me of using mountains of gold, when I in fact did not. Skill, timing, and attention to detail are sadly lacking in 75% of the opponents that I face.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • MACKMITTENZ wrote:

I think Bytro should listen more attentively why their customers has a so high turnover.
      They only keep a tiny fraction of all the people who have tried this game.

I can guess that if their business model (PtW) was the right one, Stillfront (Bytro's owner) valorisation wouldn't be on its lows + no dividend to shareholders.

It's late but time to swap to a true strategic game (where gold use is prohibited for having no flawed games) with a licence to pay and/or a monthly fee.

Pay attention to the 95% of people you lost for a few who pays so little (and get the 95% quitting).
      More people with regular fees = more earnings. Think differently.
      Images
      • stillfront.PNG

29 kB, 646×504, viewed 67 times
    • Hello fellow player,

CoralWar wrote:

MACKMITTENZ wrote:

I think Bytro should listen more attentively why their customers has a so high turnover.They only keep a tiny fraction of all the people who have tried this game.

I can guess that if their business model (PtW) was the right one, Stillfront (Bytro's owner) valorisation wouldn't be on its lows + no dividend to shareholders.

It's late but time to swap to a true strategic game (where gold use is prohibited for having no flawed games) with a licence to pay and/or a monthly fee.

Pay attention to the 95% of people you lost for a few who pays so little (and get the 95% quitting).
      More people with regular fees = more earnings. Think differently.
      Pointing to the stock value of the company that owns Bytro in relation as to why one game of Bytro is not performing well, according to you, to me seems like a bit of a strech.

As a player that saw the arival of the tank destroyer, the SP anti-air and the SP artillery and later the aircraft carrier I think there are a lot more things that can and will happen to improve this game. Not to mention the countles of bug fixes and the new visuals for the entire game.

Granted, I am not a stock trader nor do I have any certain knowledge about whether or not Bytro's business model is a good one. I also have no reason to believe that you do have this knowledge and that it is indeed the case that 95% of people that play CoW stop doing so. You raise a lot of questions for me, if you care to elaborate I'd happily learn where you get your numbers from.

Kind regards,

Edepedable
    • CoralWar wrote:

Uh, I don't think CoW has the ability to be a paid game, It's good but not on the level to be a paid game. If I pay for a game like CoW, I expect that Bytro will actively listen to the players, that developers will be on the forums (if they have time) replying to people's questions and what not. Bytro should be giving constant updates on the forums about new units to come, new updates, etc. The current CoW, in my opinion, is not a game that should be paid for or bought.

:saint:
      "ANU! CHEEKI BREEKI IV DAMKE!"
    • enochen wrote:

has the idea of cap games been brought up?

you know, unlike gold free games you have a game where you have a gold cap spending limit for each in game day.

this way, if you want to spend you can spend, but you have to be more strategic about it.

this way you can't just endlessly spam.

i hate the gold warriors too, but it is a part of the game. it would be nice to have different tiered games though based on different spending habits.

just a thought, but probably not an original one.
      What if there were rounds where gold usage was limited to reflect more life-like scenarios?

We all know that in war a catastrophically damaged tank is not going to suddenly "regenerate" due to "gold-mechanics" keeping up with the blitz. However, we do know that American output during the war was incredible; going from a piece-mail military to a powerhouse in a few short years.

Because of the sudden invitation by the Japanese, US Industry converted plants to support military output (gold-perhaps?).

Another example would be German technology (gold) and ultimately American (bombs) ending the war.

IMO those are a few areas where gold can be used in a realistic capacity.
      “A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week.” - Lt. Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 1943