best strategies for attack

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I sometimes like to use an air balanced strategy. I use interceptors to patrol and control the sky, and to destroy enemy planes, and then I use tactical bombers to destroy enemy positions. Other than anti-air units no land unit has good enough air defense to stop a strong stack of tactical bombers. Eventually, the opponent will adapt and then create anti-air units. That is where other land units come in, as anti air doesn't do a lot of damage to infantry and armor.

I have a few more strategies I use, so I can share them if you like, but if you're trying to get ideas for strategies to use in your games, try to make your opponent adapt to you instead of the other way around. Make them play into your strengths or their weaknesses. Also, stay dynamic to keep the enemy on their toes.
    • The best way to approach your goals is to maximize the use of ranged attack units such as air, artillery, even railroad guns. The goal is to get "free shots" on your enemies and take little or no damage in return. That means avoiding direct or "melee" battles if you possibly can.
    • Jherin wrote:

I sometimes like to use an air balanced strategy. I use interceptors to patrol and control the sky, and to destroy enemy planes, and then I use tactical bombers to destroy enemy positions. Other than anti-air units no land unit has good enough air defense to stop a strong stack of tactical bombers. Eventually, the opponent will adapt and then create anti-air units. That is where other land units come in, as anti air doesn't do a lot of damage to infantry and armor.

I have a few more strategies I use, so I can share them if you like, but if you're trying to get ideas for strategies to use in your games, try to make your opponent adapt to you instead of the other way around. Make them play into your strengths or their weaknesses. Also, stay dynamic to keep the enemy on their toes.
      thank you for shearin your ideas ^^
      actually i have problem with enemies adapt..for examle i'v made once a huge air attake with 25 stratigic bomb...but my enemy annihilated them all ;( and they was had interceptors support but he was fast to re move his anti air formations...so i forced to stop my ground units to attack..
    • Guioco wrote:

The best way to approach your goals is to maximize the use of ranged attack units such as air, artillery, even railroad guns. The goal is to get "free shots" on your enemies and take little or no damage in return. That means avoiding direct or "melee" battles if you possibly can.
      yes..but my untis can be an easy target aftar capture an area if they all gathering 8o
    • samincosh wrote:

i'v made once a huge air attake with 25 stratigic bomb

Two mistakes I see here:

1) Strategic bombers are for damaging BUILDINGS, like airbases or industrial complexes. Strat bombers are nearly useless against ground units or other planes.

2) Sounds like you put all 25 in one group, which was very ineffective. There is a limit to how many units of each type are most effective per group, called the State Based Damage Efficiency. >>>> Forum thread on SBDE <<<<< In short you want to make groups containing 5 of each plane, such as 5 interceptors and 5 Tac Bombers, and add 5 strat bombers if you wish. Then you can patrol with multiple groups over the same target. This way your planes protect each other.

Strategy to me means that you first deal with the enemy army. It matters not how many provinces they have or how many you capture. You need to focus on killing all of the enemy units, and then you can sweep through the land with ease. I prefer artillery in most cases to pound the enemy from a distance. They then have to make a choice, charge at my artillery or fall back. In order to protect my artillery I use a larger stack of infantry, Anti air, anti tank, and light tanks. The enemy will also try and run around behind my artillery with single light tanks to steal my territory. For this I need tactical bombers. To protect my tactical bombers I need interceptors.

Some enemies keep their units in small groups or individually. For them I plan to kill most of their units with my bombers and let my own fast units run through their land. It always depends on your enemy what kind of units you need to build and have on hand.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Here's my take on this:

Ideal attack: Use stacks of 5 interceptors and 5 tac bombers in same stack, bombard enemy lines with arti and railguns to minimize losses. Focus on one point in the enemy for best effects, but spread to whole enemy line if your army allows. Once you have bombarded a hole in enemy defenses, charge your tanks forward and exploit the gap. After the initial exploit, the rest is up to you. Whether rush toward the capital, surround remaining enemy defenses, simply wreak havoc and let the enemy chase you, whatever you like. As long as you have made a gap, the enemy will try to close the gap, which would weaken their other defenses. Continue luring the enemy into the gap and bombard them. When the enemy adapts, you choose another gap. Basically: blitzkrieg.

My actual attack: I keep rather large stacks in one or two spots, with very little tanks. I use my airforce to punch a hole for my stacks to advance. Once the hole is made, I keep the stacks moving towards a strategic spot, whether cities or resource provinces. Then I wait until the morale goes up, and continue. Basically: slow and steady.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

samincosh wrote:

i'v made once a huge air attake with 25 stratigic bomb
      Two mistakes I see here:

1) Strategic bombers are for damaging BUILDINGS, like airbases or industrial complexes. Strat bombers are nearly useless against ground units or other planes.

2) Sounds like you put all 25 in one group, which was very ineffective. There is a limit to how many units of each type are most effective per group, called the State Based Damage Efficiency. >>>> Forum thread on SBDE <<<<< In short you want to make groups containing 5 of each plane, such as 5 interceptors and 5 Tac Bombers, and add 5 strat bombers if you wish. Then you can patrol with multiple groups over the same target. This way your planes protect each other.

Strategy to me means that you first deal with the enemy army. It matters not how many provinces they have or how many you capture. You need to focus on killing all of the enemy units, and then you can sweep through the land with ease. I prefer artillery in most cases to pound the enemy from a distance. They then have to make a choice, charge at my artillery or fall back. In order to protect my artillery I use a larger stack of infantry, Anti air, anti tank, and light tanks. The enemy will also try and run around behind my artillery with single light tanks to steal my territory. For this I need tactical bombers. To protect my tactical bombers I need interceptors.

Some enemies keep their units in small groups or individually. For them I plan to kill most of their units with my bombers and let my own fast units run through their land. It always depends on your enemy what kind of units you need to build and have on hand.
      well that's so professional =O

Strategy to me means that you first deal with the enemy army. It matters not how many provinces they have or how many you capture. You need to focus on killing all of the enemy units, and then you can sweep through the land with ease. I prefer artillery in most cases to pound the enemy from a distance. They then have to make a choice, charge at my artillery or fall back
      it's the best way to attack actually but there's should be another plan against this cus i see many players play with this formation
    • um, why build bombers when you can have

INFANTRY!

and why build interceptors when you can have

ANTI-AIR!

Navy? What's a Navy? I think you mean

MILITIA!

Artillery? nah chief

REALLY LOW LEVEL TANKS THAT I CAN MASS PRODUCE AND PROBABLY TAKE TOO MANY LOSSES AND NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE MORE INFANTRY UNITS!
      "ANU! CHEEKI BREEKI IV DAMKE!"
    • What I do is use highly mobile attack troops. For example, I have 5 motorized troops combined with 5 light tanks. Now add Self propelled artillery and anti air. Now you can bombard enemy positions and then very quickly blitzkrieg and smash a hole in their lines Note: do not use this unit as a means of attacking the enemy head-on this should be used for finding and destroying the enemy's weakest point. If the opponent has Lot's of aircraft, you can use interceptors and rocket fighters or sp anti air as a fast and mobile way of defense. This tactic best works when you secretly move the troops into position and surprise-attack the enemy without a declaration of war. In doing that, the opponents won't be able to prematurely spot and attack your blitzkrieg group. it also makes them guess where your troops are.

overall
      I help this is a helpful strategy, If you need help just message me at my call of war account, medal of honor2
    • If you are fond of maneuvers use this strategy. The only drawback is that you'll need to be "very" active.

1. Use these units

Land

Motorized infantry 2 + 3 light tanks = 2 Armies (total stacks 5)

Medium Tanks 5 units in a stack

Tactical Bombers 4 stacks

Interceptors 2 stacks

How to use them:

1. Scout with interceptors
      2. Attack the enemy army with tactical bombers
      3. attack the main enemy army using the 5 stack medium tanks
      4. Use the motorized + light tanks to maneuver
      (do not attack the enemy with these units if it is pure stack of tanks or there is a heavy tank)
      You can use these army to "finish off" the enemy

Sea

3 Cruisers + 2 destroyers
      3 Battleships + 2 destroyers
      2 Carriers with 8 stack of Naval bombers
      1 Carrier with 4 stacks of interceptors

How to use them

1. Use interceptors to scout
      2. If enemy fleet is found attack with Naval bombers
      3. After the initial attack send the battleships
      4. Use cruisers for support (attack the enemy fleet with their cannons)
      "The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."

- Sun Tzu

"Diplomacy works with leverage!"

-Krieg Maker

"We can wage an attrition war forever with no goal, if one is found otherwise!"

-Krieg Maker

"The difference between flirting and diplomacy is that the former requires flattery, the latter requires assurance. Be sure to be in the position of power when trying to win through diplomacy!"

-Krieg Maker
    • Thanks! now i will get more into maneuvers and encirclement scenarios. Say, I've broken through a position and encircled a medium tank unit. You could use anti tanks guns, then push in with a counterattack but then by the time you get the antitank there the armor unit will probably have had a chance to counterattack and break through the encirclement. So what you want to do is get several tank destroyers, because even though they have one less attack points, they are highly mobile and are effective at pushing through on all sides and destroying the enemy.

to clear it up, Basically trade attack points for mobility, and to crush the unit push in on all sides using tank destroyers. It would be more helpful to have artillery that can pre-bombard the enemy. I like to keep tank destroyers as a "mop up unit" which means keep this nearby your operations to "mop up" any encircled vehicles so your main force can make a beeline for your opponents capital
    • Now my strategy looks like basic but its not.

Land:
      5 - 10 medium tank
      -Fast and dangerious-
      3 - 5 SP artillery
      -Bombing away from enemy units-
      1 Anti-air
      -For air strikes-
      2 - 3 infantry
      -İf there is a rebel , i can send these guys-

Air:
      1 interceptor also 10 tactical bomber for back front

Sea:
      2 destroyer - 5 cruiser - 2 battleship
      I use battleships for bombing cities , destroyers for sink enemy submarines and sink enemy convoys. Also cruisers can sink enemy destroyers and battleships.

Land strategy:
      Im attacking slowly (not blitzkrieg). I would plan a line and my units goes that line. For example;

Im germany and i want to invade france
      All forces waiting in border and i draw a line between paris and switzerland border. My units goes line fast. And they stop on line. Waiting 1 day for back front support. Units wait on line. 1 day later i draw a second attack line between bordeaux and lyon. Again my units goes fastly that line and waits for 1 day.
    • man with a wish wrote:

Thanks! now i will get more into maneuvers and encirclement scenarios. Say, I've broken through a position and encircled a medium tank unit. You could use anti tanks guns, then push in with a counterattack but then by the time you get the antitank there the armor unit will probably have had a chance to counterattack and break through the encirclement. So what you want to do is get several tank destroyers, because even though they have one less attack points, they are highly mobile and are effective at pushing through on all sides and destroying the enemy.

to clear it up, Basically trade attack points for mobility, and to crush the unit push in on all sides using tank destroyers. It would be more helpful to have artillery that can pre-bombard the enemy. I like to keep tank destroyers as a "mop up unit" which means keep this nearby your operations to "mop up" any encircled vehicles so your main force can make a beeline for your opponents capital
      Or you can do this...

With the help of your artillery you can bombard the enemy while your troops approach

Or

If your enemy is stationary bombard them until their health have been reduced enough for you to launch a successful attack

this strategy is only useful for 1.5 unfortunately. I played 1.0 and most of my strategies and maneuvers don't work.
      "The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."

- Sun Tzu

"Diplomacy works with leverage!"

-Krieg Maker

"We can wage an attrition war forever with no goal, if one is found otherwise!"

-Krieg Maker

"The difference between flirting and diplomacy is that the former requires flattery, the latter requires assurance. Be sure to be in the position of power when trying to win through diplomacy!"

-Krieg Maker
    • If you want to destroy the enemy if he is stronger than you ,one of the best strategy is this one:
      Create some groups of divisions (many groups) ,mobilize them with antiair ,tanks, commandos division.
      Attack the enemy somewhere away from his homeland (attack with only 70% of your army,usually players get scared when tons of troops disembarking in their land and the enemy will send everything he have in there.
      Then you must suprise attack his homeland (10 hours after the first attackk maybe).Then you gonna invade his homeland easly,the enemy will run out of resurces and at the moment you invade his mainland the airports,military base etc will get a lot of damage.Then he will send some troops on his mainland to save it (not all of his troops cuz he have to deal with the troops you did the first attack.Even if he retake his mainland ,its ok, his bases will take more damage and will be destroyed and he will have low resurces and low moral (its hard to create troops ,it will take time).There are many chances to destroy him.Good luck!
    • i research railroad guns as soon as possible because they have the longest range and in my opinion are the most effective units in the game. i also push my troops forward while giving them sp and rocket artillery support. i use attack and tactical bombers for air support as well as interceptors for bomber protection. for my land troops i use a mix of motorized, mechanized, normal infantry, commandos, sometimes paratroopers, and medium tanks. if it is possible i use naval support. my battle groups include 3 cruisers for view range and bombardment, about 1 destroyer for protection, 2 submarines for surprise, and 1 or 2 battleships for bombardment. i have won many of my games using this strategy so for me it works. good luck :)
    • Here is my favorite strategy:
      - For attacks on the city: Use a team of tanks + artillery to attack the enemy from afar, luring the enemy out of the city
      Then, using your infantry, take another route to capture the city, then send some troops out to attack the enemy army that has been lured out (Strategy "Strike the East and Attack the West")
      - For landings: Let a group of commandos fly planes and land behind the enemy, continuously harass the enemy to make the enemy move troops to intercept, then use planes and missiles. to attack, then use your troops to land on shore, coordinate with Cruisers and Battleships for long-range attacks, meanwhile, use destroyers and submarines to approach the shore to support troops landing on land. edge.
      (I use Google Maps, so there will be errors in translation, please forgive me)