New gaming units

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New gaming units

Here is a list, of what I believe should be a introduced to alternative COW rounds.
      Please fell free to leave any feedback.

MARINE:
      Requirements; Barracks lvl. II,
      Naval Yards lvl. I
      Infantry lvl. III
      Strength: 4 on any terrain except mountains (-25%)
      Increased speed on coastal provinces and water

PARATROOPER;
      Requirements; Barracks lvl. II
      Airbase lvl. I
      Infantry lvl. III
      Load time, TBD
      On enemy ground landing strength; -25% mountains, -50% City, grassland

GUARD;
      Requirements; Infantry lvl. I & militia lvl. I, must have 2 spies on counter espionage
      Strength at 2.0 capacity (fixed)
      Can only be stationed in cities
      Decreased morale loss to the city stationed
      % increase to counter spies/espionage
      Only defends

STEALTH BOMBER; (1945 - 1954 era)
      Requirements; tactical bomber lvl. VI
      Ignores radar, not air to air fighters lvl. 7 or rockets fighters

RADAR BASE (3 levels)
      Requirements; Research
      lvl. I Airbase
      Decreases fog of war where built, cannot see ground units or grounded air units.

CAPITAL WORKS;
      Attributes; lvl. I increase wealth 10%
      lvl. II increase wealth 10%
      lvl. III increase wealth 10%
      Can only be built in capital city

HOSPITAL;
      Attributes; Increased healing and reduced cost building militia & infantry

GROUP I; ALLIED TYPE

Infantry; Increased HP, Marine unit
      Increased HP motorized infantry
      Decreased cost artillery
      Faster production time, fighter wing

Armour; Increased HP, heavy tank
      Increase HP, mobile artillery

Naval; Increased HP, Destroyer
      Increased HP, Carrier

Air; Increased HP, strategic bomber

Special; Faster research time strategic bomber & radar.

GROUP II; AXIS TYPE

Infantry; Increased HP, anti air
      Faster production time for infantry
      Increased HP, paratrooper

Armour; Increased HP, light tank
      Increased HP, armoured car

Naval; Increased HP, submarine
      Increase HP, cruiser

Air; Increase HP, tac bombers
      Increase HP, rocket fighter

Special; Increase HP, rail gun
      Decrease cost, missile

GROUP III; SOVIET TYPE

Infantry; Faster time militia production
      Increase HP, artillery
      Decrease cost commando

Armour; Increase HP, medium tank
      Increase HP. mobile anti air

Naval; Increase HP, Nuclear submarine

Air; Reduced research time, fighter wing

Special; Increased capacity for espionage (upgrade spies)
      Reduced cost, atomic research & nuclear power research

GROUP IV; EASTERN TYPE

Infantry; Increased HP, infantry
      Increased HP, anti armour
      Increase HP, guard

Armour; Increase HP, light tank
      Increase HP, tank destroyer

Naval; Faster production time, submarine
      Increase HP, Battleship

Air; Decreased cost, fighter wing
      Increase HP, Naval bomber
      Faster research time, jet fighter

I hope that these ideas help to make alternative formats for COW.
      Files
      • BB.jpg

(9.66 kB, downloaded 169 times, last: )

The post was edited 3 times, last by bigboss_ironfist ().

• I like most of you suggestions :thumbup:

But I think the GUARD and RANGERS are not needed.
      STEALTH BOMBER is for me a bit to crazy in a WW2 game, maybe as development of the rocket fighter.

RADAR BASE: Why only with air field?

CAPITAL WORKS: Lev. 2 + 3 must be give more bonus.

ALL NEW BUILDINGS need a daily upkeep!

but I like most the idea that the four types of unit skins we have in CoW, have their own ups and downs, but it will be very hard to balance this specific differences.

Would you like to play with your friends in a game where gold is banned?

Watch for the next season starts in September!
    • Some of these ideas are implemented in the sister game Conflict of Nations, which covers the time period following WW2 through the cold war and associated weapons.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • A lot of your ideas sound interesting but I would want to see why they would be different than the other units within their branch.

Marine: You just listed the building requirements, that tells me little to nothing about the unit itself.

Paratrooper: I'm against any idea of paratroopers in CoW.

Guard: Destroys the purpose of the counter-espionage spies, lowers importance of fortifications and infrastructure, and just would not fit in the current CoW style of gameplay.

Ranger Unit: I don't like the idea of an increase in healing rates for units.

Stealth Bomber: To avoid these from being too overpowering, they should only decrease the radar of other planes, not completely eliminate the use of radar to detect them.

Radar Base: Contrary to my former statements, if this could enter the game I would be supportive. I just thought that having units with larger view ranges would be an easier thing to create for the developers. Both could be done though. OR a radar base increases the view range for units within the given province.

Capital Works: When you say increase wealth, do you mean increase income? Also, is the increase compounding? If yes, my only concern is the strength of the tower. It should be decreased down to a compounding 5% for each of the 3 levels, but also be a little expensive, maybe similar to nuclear powerplants requiring research in the special branch and similar costs?

Hospital: If population growth means increase manpower production for that province, then sure. I also like the idea of speeding up the healing, but should probably leave out the morale boost or the other 2 effects would be much weaker.

I do not support the idea of units having different strengths under different nations, so that covers the last 4 sections.

Going back to the Radar Base, Capital Works, and Hospital in regards to Xarus' statement, maybe they should have some daily upkeeps.
      • Radar Base - If it works independently, then yes, the daily upkeep should be about 100 food, 100 goods, and 100 oil. Otherwise no upkeep is needed.
      • Capital works - If my assumptions were right and you made the change to 5% the daily upkeep may be around 50 rare materials, 200 oil, 200 food, and 200 goods.
      • Hospital - It would need a constant upkeep of goods and food for the medications and food for patients, so a daily upkeep around 100 food and 100 goods should be fine.
      "Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster." ~ Sun Tzu, The Art of War

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
    • bigboss_ironfist wrote:

MARINE:
      Requirements; Barracks lvl. II,
      Naval Yards lvl. I
      Infantry lvl. III

PARATROOPER;
      Requirements; Barracks lvl. II
      Airbase lvl. I
      Infantry lvl. III
      Can only land on visible terrain,
      Load time, 30 - 60 minutes,
      On enemy ground landing strength; -25% mountains, -50% City, -25% hills/forest/jungles, -10% grassland
      Cannot land on occupied ground
      Holy.
      Jesus.
      Someone who wants marines and paratroopers!! Loved your ideas by the way, I think most people said this but Guards, Rangers, and Stealth Bombers are kinda out there and aren't needed. But other than that I think these are cool!
      "ANU! CHEEKI BREEKI IV DAMKE!"
    • I have made alterations (edit) on how to use Paratroopers.

As far as Capital works is assumed. This capital city upgrade should be expensive in money, some oil and metal cost, the 10% wealth bonus is to be compounded by all 3 level upgrades. (only capital cities)

Radar bases should be used on larger maps only, and that they only use money, food and goods to power these. There is no fortification bonus with radar base, therefore, no metal cost. Radar bases do not use oil.

Hospitals are essentially to speed healing of units and increase moral of cities. Population growth would have to take more time.

Thanks for the feedback.
    • More population will mean more food distributed from those provinces. Essentially the idea on this alternative COW strategy, would be not to over expand yourself. This strategy alternative can make a more variable gameplay, my advice to COW experts is to have my ideas/suggestions transliterated into a plausible pilot game type for COW interested people. ok...
      Files
      • BB.jpg

(9.66 kB, downloaded 138 times, last: )
    • My concern of the capital works building having a 10% wealth increase compounding is that golders would be able to get that feature much quicker and would then have a 30% wealth bonus while everybody else is still working on level 1. So my idea to lower it down to 5% would just lower the impact of these golders speed building.
      "Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster." ~ Sun Tzu, The Art of War

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
    • Lukenick wrote:

My concern of the capital works building having a 10% wealth increase compounding is that golders would be able to get that feature much quicker and would then have a 30% wealth bonus while everybody else is still working on level 1. So my idea to lower it down to 5% would just lower the impact of these golders speed building.
      Ok Lukenick....I understand your strategy thinking on the 10% wealth increase. However, my COW gaming mods will allow for other features to counterbalance the capital works upgrade....The capital city will work on a linear process, according to allies power or an opposing nations power and thus, means possible population bonus. So to do provinces...meaning a nation with a good food or oil province can increase their resource wealth according to their population, also that it can make a more interesting market strategy. It can also mean that Yugoslavia nation is not the best nation to choose for solo victory. So how does this counter a gold spender/ you might ask... It can mean that population trends on the world map may not work to their favour and that they might overextend themselves. meeeehhh.....ok...
      Images
      • IMG_20190304_232122.jpg

123.93 kB, 1,065×807, viewed 35 times
    • I have a suggestion about the hospital. Since most hospitals in wars weren't placed in a middle of a province (where most battles happen) they should be placed in the roads connecting to the province. To do this, an image will appear like how you need to choose which spot on where to build your naval base. Also, to balance the hospital out, they unit should have to go to the hospital to get the healing affects. The healing affects shouldn't be to high and they should have a 50% decrease in strength. Hospitals should be allowed to be upgraded from level 1 to level 3 increasing the amount of healing production.

Level 1 Hospital:

Should be able to ONLY heal infantry units.

Building Resources Requirements to Build:

5000 Food, 2500 Metal, 750 Oil 500 Rare

Daily Up-Keep:

500 Food, 50 Rares

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Level 2 Hospital:

Should be able to heal infantry units 25% faster and be able to heal armored cars/tanks

7000 Food, 3000 Metal, 1000 Oil, 1000 Rares

Daily Up-Keep:

750 Food, 100 Oil, 100 Metal, 50 Rares

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Level 3 Hospital:

Should be able to heal air units (small airfield which can handle only up to 2 plane units at once)

10000 Food, 4000 Metal, 2000 Oil, 2000 Rares

Daily Up-Keep:

1000 Food, 200 Oil, 150 Metal, 100 Rares

The whole point of the expensive Daily Up-Keeps/Building Resources Requirements is to indirectly limit how many hospitals can be produced, especially early game. Please reply with feedback, thanks.
    • There is a couple more things...

Apart from the stages 1 through to 3 level upgrade...which is a good idea..

The hospital should not be able to be built on mountains.

They should only be able to be built on sectors of map/land, outside the city & only if there is a fort situated there,

These hospitals cannot be captured by the enemy, upon take over they cease to exist.

The costs that you have suggested are much too high.

ICZZ I thank you for the feedback and I will appreciate this.
      Files
      • BB.jpg

(9.66 kB, downloaded 95 times, last: )
    • Hospitals do more than just serve to heal troops...They can increase population growth, and with that said, my ideas to modify COW would suit the necessary prerequisites, such as a Barracks lvl. II.

The hospital will mean better healing of troops, especially combined with fort and can mean more money and resources and manpower.

A hospital is an investment and would be best suited to a strategy for longer running games, thus making the longevity of COW much more interesting.

Once again your variable feedback is gratifying.
      Images
      • dfwdfewf.jpg

230.71 kB, 1,024×701, viewed 26 times