Game is broken about food

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Game is broken about food

Once you expand your nation a lot, it becomes impossible to cover the food demand.

I know the tips : max food prod, build infrastr + fortif. on food provinces, put troops on food provinces, no more units...

But it's impossible to come back positive on food.

And once your stock is at 0, you lose lands : you cannot expand any more.
      What is the point having to take the same provinces day after day ?
      Where is the pleasure in this ? Do you call it a game ?

Sugg : a province taken is definitely taken. Delete this absurd revolt system.

The post was edited 1 time, last by CoralWar ().

• This is why you build up a surplus in the early game, then expand rapidly. I typically don't begin my major expansions until I have a minimum of 50k food stocked and a steady enough cash flow to buy any food that comes to market. It's a pain, yes, but it's another dimension to how you have to strategize to ensure victory before starvation.
      Eminem2891
      EN Senior Moderator | JA Senior GO
      EN/JA Support Teams | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click here to submit a bug report or support ticket
    • Eminem2891 wrote:

This is why you build up a surplus in the early game, then expand rapidly. I typically don't begin my major expansions until I have a minimum of 50k food stocked and a steady enough cash flow to buy any food that comes to market. It's a pain, yes, but it's another dimension to how you have to strategize to ensure victory before starvation.
      So you recognize the game is broken after your "time limit".

Moreover, on a world map, it's impossible to win before the "time limit", even with a coalition.
    • When you stock up on food early, this will never become a problem. Think more like 300k.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • I have not had any food issues in a long time, since I learned how it worked.

On a 100 player map in mid game you need to be building infrastructure and industrial complexes in captured food provinces at a rate of 10 to 20 per day.

If you did NOT plan ahead with your economy to be able to sustain this rate of construction, then you will have to delay expansion to get this under control.

Also I keep a few of the minor AI in my starting continent available to be able to grab their capitals later in the game to stabilize morale.

Read this>>>>> Complete guide to morale and rebellions
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • CoralWar wrote:

Eminem2891 wrote:

This is why you build up a surplus in the early game, then expand rapidly. I typically don't begin my major expansions until I have a minimum of 50k food stocked and a steady enough cash flow to buy any food that comes to market. It's a pain, yes, but it's another dimension to how you have to strategize to ensure victory before starvation.
      So you recognize the game is broken after your "time limit".
      Moreover, on a world map, it's impossible to win before the "time limit", even with a coalition.
      Where did I admit anything is broken? I admitted that at a bare minimum, you need to have a stockpile of food and a good economy.

I'm also interested in knowing what you would call a time limit? Is it the point I go in the red for production per hour, or something different? I have won the only 100 match I've been in with a coalition, and am in one right now that is going well (undecided of whether it will be victory). Currently I am at 45k food stockpiled, and a current -120/hr due to the fact I've gained over 130 provinces in 2 days. Within 5 days that production will be positive again when my new infra, naval bases, and IC's are built.

I don't see anything broken with that - I planned, I prepared, I conquered, and now I build.
      Eminem2891
      EN Senior Moderator | JA Senior GO
      EN/JA Support Teams | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click here to submit a bug report or support ticket
    • Thanks for answers.
      I might be a noob.

I have 950+ provinces, the best economy and I invest ALL my ressources on food since 2 weeks (hardly everything with IC5 + I3) and I am at -900h on food (yest. at -800).
      It's even worse every day as moral declines.

If you can't adjust in 2 weeks = it's a broken part of the game, for me

The post was edited 1 time, last by CoralWar ().

• Then you have not good and early enough or not at all thought about you army size and the moral of provinces maybe..?
      Looks like the mistake is a missing or poor planning -- because with some foresight, and not wildly create units and conquer too quick and blindly, such problems are avoidable -- on each map.
      ..but so or so, your enemies also had and have the same task, and the one who tooks better care for it or has the better strategy, will win in the end, that's the challenge of this fine game >> finest strategy, not just bovine shooter ation ..

As a first aid to your problem I would send some of your too many food-consuming units to any hard front or maybe as a convoy to an enemy's shore .. and..
      ..maybe read this >> forum.callofwar.com/index.php?thread/21166-complete-guide-to-rebellions-and-province-morale <<
      ..or this >> forum.callofwar.com/index.php?thread/12823-what-is-the-best-way-to-increase-production-of-resources <<
      ..or..

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D

The post was edited 1 time, last by Restrisiko ().

• He again:

Chuck wrote:

chuck.png
      "Each map has more than enough resources to supply all its inhabitants, even including in all conquered provinces, and at the same time to have an adequate army.
      Of course, this requires a forward-looking, strategic style of play, but that's just the challenge of this sophisticated game.

But without a limitation of resources could everybody build units thoughtless and unlimited, and in the end it would just depend on who can click faster and stay online longer - we would not have a strategy game but another monotonous action game.

And, for example, without resource constraints, you could simply buy endlessly units by gold whithout to worry about anything else.
      However, with the existing system, this does not work so easily, because then you either have to spend also a corresponding amount of gold for the daily supply of these units (good for the game, and the sinn of a browsergame by the way), or you nevertheless can lose the match in the long run if your opponent finds a better balance for the ratio of economy, military size and conquest speed even without using gold."

• @CoralWar: I'm with you!
      The Food economic in this game is not the best. We have in this Forum hundred of threads about this topic.
      All the things veteran players do, is to know the bad game mechanics and build a strategy to compensate.

If I be the game designer I would do two things into the game:
      I would Implement a new Building, called "Governor's Mansion", a building you only can build three times during a match. If it's destroyed it is gone.
      This building rise the income from this province from 25% to 50%

The other thing is to build a slider into the game. These sliders you can regulate the distribution resources between civil and military.

Normally it is 50 to 50, and if you move it one point to the side the population gets a bonus in moral in each province. But you get less Food in your stock. If you give them more Money they will be happier too...

and if you move it to the other side you will receive more resources to the military household. But the moral in each province will be struggle.

this sliders are very powerful and the effect must be slow, changes can be only done once a day and the effect will be changed after day-switch. I thinks three steps in each direction is more than enough. (soft, middle and hard)

So if you says the military needs more oil, you can speak out a state of emergency and all oil provinces out have gets 10% more production. But all provinces (not only the oil provinces) you have get a penalty on moral.
      So now you can say, I have a lot of money in stock and I give them more money (reducing the tax) to compensate the negative moral effect. But the negativ effect must be three times higher. So you need to reduce the tax by 30% to compensate the +10% bonus in oil production.

Would you like to play with your friends in a game where gold is banned?

Watch for the next season starts in September!

The post was edited 3 times, last by Xarus ().

• Xarus wrote:

@CoralWar: I'm with you!
      The Food economic in this game is not the best. We have in this Forum hundred of threads about this topic.
      All the things veteran players do, is to know the bad game mechanics and build a strategy to compensate.

I would Implement a new Building, called "Governor's Mansion", a building you only can build three times during a match. If it's destroyed it is gone.

The other thing is to build a slider into the game. These sliders you can regulate the distribution resources between civil and military.

Normally it is 50 to 50, and if you move it one point to the side the population gets a bonus in moral in each province. But you get less Food in your stock. If you give them more Money they will be happier too...

and if you move it to the other side you will receive more resources to the military household. But the moral in each province will be struggle.

this sliders are very powerful and the effect must be slow, changes can be only done once a day and the effect will be changed after day-switch. I thinks three steps in each direction is more than enough. (soft, middle and hard)

So if you says the military needs more oil, you can speak out a state of emergency and all oil provinces out have gets 10% more production. But all provinces (not only the oil provinces) you have get a penalty on moral.
      So now you can say, I have a lot of money in stock and I give them more money (reducing the tax) to compensate the negative moral effect. But the negativ effect must be three times higher. So you need to reduce the tax by 30% to compensate the +10% bonus in oil production.
      ..and you really think that such a rather complicated system would help players which not even masters the existing simple system..?

If someone barely builds fortifications he must not wonder about low morale and a resulting resource shortages.
      Moreover, with such a high food minus, it can be strongly assumed that either a too big army has been set up, and / or possibly a large number of barracks are not deactivated.

CoralWar wrote:

..I have 950+ provinces, ..

..and I am at -900h on food (yest. at -800).

• Xarus wrote:

At least one person who is not too proud and recognize there might be a problem concerning food.

The broken food system is even worse on historical map.
    • Restrisiko wrote:

Xarus wrote:

..and you really think that such a rather complicated system would help players which not even masters the existing simple system..?▼

If someone barely builds fortifications he must not wonder about low morale and a resulting resource shortages.
      Moreover, with such a high food minus, it can be strongly assumed that either a too big army has been set up, and / or possibly a large number of barracks are not deactivated.

CoralWar wrote:

..I have 950+ provinces, ..

..and I am at -900h on food (yest. at -800).

Ty for your investigations.

- All barracks are disabled.
      - Army size : 300/350 units

A big territory needs a big army.
      I don't have this problem on Civilization, Starcraft, Command & Conquer...
      CoW is the only game (beta version) in which you are crushed if you expand.

I understand you are a veteran and never have this noob food problem.
      So please take 1000 provinces on a world map and show me how you manage it so well.
      Post a picture.
    • I couldn't tell you the last time I had an issue with food... I see people who build behemoth armies to quickly take provinces; only to have them go into rebellion and default to me = easy VPs
      “A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week.” - Lt. Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 1943
    • MACKMITTENZ wrote:

I couldn't tell you the last time I had an issue with food... I see people who build behemoth armies to quickly take provinces; only to have them go into rebellion and default to me = easy VPs
      So, our coalition was attacked by 4 countries at the same time.
      They were at my border.

2 allies and me engaged the fight.
      But one of them became idle after 1 day and the other wasn't so active. So, my partner took 10% of ennemies' lands and me 90%. I was often online and the most efficient.
      And now I am penalized for that !

So what do you have done ?
      Waiting for your casual partner ? = without speed, defeat was sure at 4 vs 2
      Stop offensive for developping food provinces ? Let me laugh. = Defeat

So there is a food problem as it doesn't support war necessities.
      You just don't have time for that.
      And to decrease the war penalty, you need to go till the end and take all ennemy territories.
    • CoralWar wrote:

I don't have this problem on Civilization, Starcraft, Command & Conquer...
      CoW is the only game (beta version) in which you are crushed if you expand.
      Must admit it was a while ago... but last time I played civ it was a MASSIVE problem to expand too fast...
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.