Improved Team Up! Event

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Improved Team Up! Event

Dear players,

after we tried out the Team Up! Event last year we received a lot of positive feedback from you, but we also got suggestions for improvements. We listened and reworked many features of team games in general with the big update in January, in preparation of this and future team events. We also changed the team distribution in the Team Up! map to make it more exciting. Here is a short list of crucial changes since the last version of this event, in case you missed it:

• Enabled shared team chat and diplomatic team conversation in team games.
      • Enabled automatic transferal of re-conquered allied core provinces to the original owner in team games.
      • Enabled shared team victory rewards and achievements in team games.
      • Anti betrayal measures: Players of a team or a coalition can no longer change their relation to members of other teams or coalitions to anything better than peace (e.g. shared map is not possible).
      • Team players who become inactive no longer degrade their relation to Right of Way but stay at Shared map at all times.
      • Removed team balancer: Players can now choose their team freely and don’t need to even out teams in the selection process.
      • In team games solo victory points and solo rewards are no longer displayed in the Newspaper, as they are not used.
      • Team Up! map: Switched team distribution on the North American continent, to enable more battles in the Atlantic and Pacific Ocean.

We hope you enjoy this new and improved team game experience. Please give us your feedback in the comments below!

Your Bytro team
    • dioglaert wrote:

I have heard in a chat within the game that morale is a huge problem as you start out at war with 50 countries.

War morale penalty is capped at -25, so it is no different than being at war with 5 countries.

dioglaert wrote:

victory conditions
      Team victory 4,956 points (90%)

Each team starts with 2500 points.

4000 gold per active member

dioglaert wrote:

should always be included in the news blast
      as this wasn't changed it wasn't really newsworthy, but an interesting suggestion about making a tooltip for this info on the game selection screen.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • The worst map I ever played. About 35 or 40 players of my team become inactive so I could not take their territory and I had not space where to expand, At the end I had fight with 10 players of other team. Somehow I finished in 5th place. It was all but fun. I do not recommend this event.
      "Then, when you run out of ammunition and the enemy continues to advance - to the bayonet, when they break your knife - to your hands, when they break both of your hands - to your teeth, when you get the last tooth knocked out, as long as you move, as long you are there - attack! When they mortally wound you, see to it that you fall in their way, so they have to go around you, jump over you or move you - bother them even in death!" speech of lieutenant Tasic before battle of Cer 1914.
    • Will try and see how it's like. I hope my expectations aren't failed!
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • dioglaert wrote:

Sounds frustrating, yet also fun.
      Yes it was frustrating. Actually, after a week only two of us were active in my team , i was leader of Mexico and my teammate was leader of Madagascar. Whole North America was in my team but inactive. Other team had about 15 active players but some of them attacked only inactive players. It is frustrating when you are attacked from all sides, but more frustrating was that I had no space where to expand being surrounded with inactive players from my team. At least it would be good if you can kill your teammate if he is inactive for a while.
      "Then, when you run out of ammunition and the enemy continues to advance - to the bayonet, when they break your knife - to your hands, when they break both of your hands - to your teeth, when you get the last tooth knocked out, as long as you move, as long you are there - attack! When they mortally wound you, see to it that you fall in their way, so they have to go around you, jump over you or move you - bother them even in death!" speech of lieutenant Tasic before battle of Cer 1914.
    • Note: Your teammate can be a shield for you, and the VPs still count towards your team, so why not?
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • I am not sure but I think the other team could get right of a way from inactive players of my team, but they did not used it. They attacked me directly. If i understand improvements right, they fixed this and now you can use inactive players like shield, but defeating AI is not that hard at all. Also, that was team game but rewards were for 1st trough 10th or 15 place, I am not sure. At the end of game, when time expired I controlled area of Philadelphia trough South USA Mexico and part of South America. I was 5th and my teammate controlled half of Africa and he was 4th. He was better player than me, his k/d ratio was over 2.5 and grater level. I do not remember his name. Two of us fought against 10 or 12 active players all time, 2 or 3 players of opposite team did not attack us. We got fine rewards, I think he got 15k and I got 12k of gold for that round.
    • patriota75 wrote:

I think he got 15k and I got 12k of gold for that round
      So... you actually got even more gold when you technically lost?

• If I remember well, awards were set for points that player had at the end of game, not for team. Awards were high enough to fight till end. I finished 5th, and it was good result in that circumstances.
      I am sure we would do better if we could kill inactive players of our own team.
      I want to say that event would better and more equal if you can kill inactive player after a while, for example a week or 3 days.
    • This is how I believe it should work:

Inactive team mates are AI controlled, map-sharing members of your team. Thus you can never attack them. If you reconquer their provinces after a enemy takes them, you keep them if they are not core provinces of that inactive player, but if they are core for that player, they revert to that AI team mate.

If an enemy completely reduces an inactive team member to 0 VP, then that country leaves your team and its relation with you is reduced to right-of-way. NOW you can conquer that country's core provinces and keep them.
    • When you reconquer an ally's province from an enemy in 50v50, it doesn't go back to the original owner. I'm not sure if this was intentional, but it certainly doesn't retransfer stuff back to the original owner i. I have a link to a screenshot I took of my 50v50 game, but since I have no clue how picture uploading on the forum works, here's the link to the pic: imgur.com/AHyg5qI

In the picture, I'm playing as Italy, and my teammates are Greece and Yugoslavia. However, I still control chunks of their land I conquered from Turkey, an enemy.
      "That's impossible! The Americans only know how to make razor blades."
      "We could do with some of those razor blades, Herr Reichsmarshall."
      Hermann Goring and Erwin Rommel
    • Same here. I am not involved in this, but merely noted that my ally Ethiopia captured a piece of land from North Sudan, then Sudan's ally Egypt recaptured that province, and now that province belongs to Egypt. Wonder if it's a bug?

• As this is an event the rule of core provinces returning to their original owner when liberated by a teammate was not added. Perhaps it will be in the future.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW

• Oh come on, please don't!! This event is bad enough as it is, with over 80% of players going inactive... fighting for provinces that subsequently get returned to inactive "team mates" is even more frustrating than it already is!
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

fighting for provinces that subsequently get returned to inactive "team mates" is even more frustrating than it already is!
      Agreed. If an active teammate is going to use the province that is great, but inactives or barely actives that just sit there and don't build airbases are frustrating.

VorlonFCW