Rivers, Lakes, and other Waterways

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Rivers, Lakes, and other Waterways

So, recently joining a Clash of Nations map, I thought it'd be cool if I could sail a ship into France, or up a river in France. But, there isn't a river that goes into France. May I ask why? Or even if the developers are going to add them into the game?
      "ANU! CHEEKI BREEKI IV DAMKE!"
    • Sounds like this a question for a different forum?

This one is about Call of War, and there are no rivers into ANY country.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • If there were rivers included, either bridges would need to be created as another feature, or your troops would have to get into a convoy ship just to cross a river. Besides, you can already attack the coastal provinces, isn't that enough?
      "Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster." ~ Sun Tzu, The Art of War

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
    • I think it is unlikely that the developers will add rivers. As previously mentioned, rivers would add more embark/disembark points unless their were fords or bridges for troops to cross. It would add another attack path. If there were rivers, with current system any naval vessel could use them. You coudl have crusisers and battleships and theorectically even air carriers coming up the rivers. To restrict rivers to certain types of naval units could be a major effort to implement. You could also have convoys coming up the rivers bypassing major defenses.
    • Lawrence Czl wrote:

I think it is unlikely that the developers will add rivers. As previously mentioned, rivers would add more embark/disembark points unless their were fords or bridges for troops to cross. It would add another attack path. If there were rivers, with current system any naval vessel could use them. You coudl have crusisers and battleships and theorectically even air carriers coming up the rivers. To restrict rivers to certain types of naval units could be a major effort to implement. You could also have convoys coming up the rivers bypassing major defenses.
      Realistically, you wouldn't be able to sail huge battleships through rivers. Rivers are just too small for even destroyers and submarines. If Bytro did add rivers, they would mainly be used as obstacles(i.e. it would take time for troops to cross rivers and such).
      "That's impossible! The Americans only know how to make razor blades."
      "We could do with some of those razor blades, Herr Reichsmarshall."
      Hermann Goring and Erwin Rommel
    • iDragons wrote:

Lawrence Czl wrote:

I think it is unlikely that the developers will add rivers. As previously mentioned, rivers would add more embark/disembark points unless their were fords or bridges for troops to cross. It would add another attack path. If there were rivers, with current system any naval vessel could use them. You coudl have crusisers and battleships and theorectically even air carriers coming up the rivers. To restrict rivers to certain types of naval units could be a major effort to implement. You could also have convoys coming up the rivers bypassing major defenses.
      Realistically, you wouldn't be able to sail huge battleships through rivers. Rivers are just too small for even destroyers and submarines. If Bytro did add rivers, they would mainly be used as obstacles(i.e. it would take time for troops to cross rivers and such).
      My points was "To restrict rivers to certain types of naval units could be a major effort to implement. "