Paratroopers Yes/No/Maybe Vote (Maybe means you're on the No side but not too sure)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Paratroopers Yes/No/Maybe Vote (Maybe means you're on the No side but not too sure)

Should CoW Implement Paratroopers 59
        Yes (29) 49%
        No (23) 39%
        Maybe (7) 12%
      Since we are getting such heated debate about Paratroopers, why not let's all give a vote and see who wins? We can't risk Bytro spending resources on a troop that not many people want.

Edit (from responses up to Mar 21):
      Over 50 people have voted! Still not a lot, but since this is a heavily debated matter, I do hope many forum members vote for the credibility. People who voted against paras are over 50% which should be quite a lot.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)

The post was edited 3 times, last by Little Racoon ().

• I think the best idea i saw in this forum was to make strategic bombers able to transport commandos , and that commandos can be used like paratroopers. I think it should be implemented in game. It will make strategic bombers more valuable.
      "Then, when you run out of ammunition and the enemy continues to advance - to the bayonet, when they break your knife - to your hands, when they break both of your hands - to your teeth, when you get the last tooth knocked out, as long as you move, as long you are there - attack! When they mortally wound you, see to it that you fall in their way, so they have to go around you, jump over you or move you - bother them even in death!" speech of lieutenant Tasic before battle of Cer 1914.
    • If the vote is a "No", do people promise to shut up about it for 6 months at least...?
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

If the vote is a "No", do people promise to shut up about it for 6 months at least...?
      Hm, I've never thought about that. I just hope the vote result will either make the "yes" or "no" side shut up because no one will listen. I will agree with this point, but to make it fair, this is how the results will go:

If the end result is "Yes", then people will start negotiating for the logistics of the paratrooper and how can it be implemented (note: the devs may still not develop it because this is a collective dictatorship and not democracy). There can be someone disagreeing the paratrooper suggestion at this point, but it will make no impact, for the community has decided paratroopers are the "go". Moderators may keep an eye on especially radical non-supporters

If the end result is "No", the people better shut up about paratroopers for quite a while (like what Roko said), and the moderators may keep an eye on those who may break this compromise (cough, cough, SOMEONE), and hopefully the forum can discuss more meaningful things.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • Okay - so Roko has post his vote,. now I will post my vote too:

I vote with YES, because it's can't be that this missing unit is not be a part of this World War Two game, because some veterans players are only afraid that this unit can ruin the game.

We have rockets, rocket fighters, atomic ships and other stuff that was new in the first half of the 20th century but only this one unit not?

It's only a question how to Implement this paratroopers in the game mechanics WITHOUT destroying the game play.

Would you like to play with your friends in a game where gold is banned?

Watch for the next season starts in September!
    • samincosh wrote:

yes no maybe...i don't know can you repet that question :D
      Yes is that you are totally for the paratrooper implementing.
      No is that you are totally against the paratrooper implementing.
      Maybe is that you don't really like the paratrooper idea, but is not sure of your position.

Basically:
      Yes: YAY PARAS
      No: NEVER IN MY LIFE WILL I ALLOW PARAS
      Maybe: No paras?

• haha yeah i know...but u remind me of a song for old tv show called malckom in the middel..and that's a lyrics

Little Racoon wrote:

samincosh wrote:

yes no maybe...i don't know can you repet that question :D
      Yes is that you are totally for the paratrooper implementing.No is that you are totally against the paratrooper implementing.
      Maybe is that you don't really like the paratrooper idea, but is not sure of your position.

Basically:
      Yes: YAY PARAS
      No: NEVER IN MY LIFE WILL I ALLOW PARAS
      Maybe: No paras?
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

If the vote is a "No", do people promise to shut up about it for 6 months at least...?
      Wish I could give this more than one like. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • not really, plenty of stories have been written about airborne dropping right on an enemy unit and the enemy unit being destroyed. In the book Silk Chutes and Hard Fighting, About the short-lived US Marine Corps' parachute regiment, it talks about them being dropped on an enemy unit during an exercise (Enemy unit was another infantry regiment) and taking them by surprise and "destroying" the unit.
      "ANU! CHEEKI BREEKI IV DAMKE!"
    • Well, ask the poor para's who fought at Arnhem what it felt like to drop on top of an enemy unit. It was a heavily battered and recuperating armored unit, still the para's were wiped out in a few days.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.