Paratroopers Yes/No/Maybe Vote (Maybe means you're on the No side but not too sure)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I don't see how paras would add anything to this game. WWII itself was defined by front lines and breaking through those lines or dropping behind the lines with paras. However, in all the time I've been playing COW I have very rarely seen situations that remotely resembles a front.

The vast majority of gameplay I've seen involves separate stacks separated with empty space. It's pretty easy, usually, to just go between enemy stacks or around them.

So, given that, and inherent awkwardness of implementing paras, it really comes down to why bother?
    • well if they do they will be useful for suprise attacks but other than that idk
      IF THEY DO THOUGH
      it would not hurt but so they dont just get instantly shot down they have the ability to shoot in the air but at half damage
      EDIT: but yes they should
      2nd Edit:TES THEY ADDED IT BOIISSS

The post was edited 1 time, last by cybird ().

• Well, I guess the side for paras won out in the end. I guess that's the only Bytro can get those ones to be quiet for a while.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • If this is to be an effective element to the game, they need to have commando stats, at minimum for it to be a useful tool.

Like many of us, I've had the same idea - as an upgrade to the commando unit on (whatever day, with whatever bomber upgrade)

If anyone from the Pioneer team is paying attention to this, shoot me a new invite. I was too busy with other maps to give that beta stuff a go back when I signed up.

Also, consider dropping 10 lower level units with a success gamble thrown in. that would make it historically accurate.

Great idea. lets make it work.
    • Well at least it is a one-time unit. You basically build a "joker" which gets you a free province. As it is balanced now, it also requires barracks-3 and air base-3 which is pretty hard to get by the day they become available. They are pretty expensive but not extreme; the build time IS though, 60% more than a commando. As implemented, I hope it may not be abused TOO much.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

I hope it may not be abused TOO much.
      i do not get it, COw is already pay to win game so what diference does it make if they are spamming paratroopers or tac. bomebers or any other unit?
      "Then, when you run out of ammunition and the enemy continues to advance - to the bayonet, when they break your knife - to your hands, when they break both of your hands - to your teeth, when you get the last tooth knocked out, as long as you move, as long you are there - attack! When they mortally wound you, see to it that you fall in their way, so they have to go around you, jump over you or move you - bother them even in death!" speech of lieutenant Tasic before battle of Cer 1914.
    • patriota75 wrote:

K.Rokossovski wrote:

I hope it may not be abused TOO much.
      i do not get it, COw is already pay to win game so what diference does it make if they are spamming paratroopers or tac. bomebers or any other unit?
      most of the times wallet warrior, for the good they do on the server are bad at strategies therefor they can spam 10 Medium tanks but if they fight my 5AT in a city i dont even double check on the army and prepare a counter invasion
      now think about as if they spam units that can get behind your line of defense, conquer and just march happily.....yeah let that sink in for a bit. its not much pay to win cause in that way i can still apply strategy and either win or make you ask a loan to the bank to finish me off before losing, but being able to just skip all and knock me out of the equation without a fight means not even that bit of fun on fighitng them :whistling:

i really hope the balance will be spot on otherwise the fights will be decided on who can drop more para then the other
      You merely adopted the shitposting. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see a proper post until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but blinding!
    • I won to against some gold users, but I saw once a player who spam about 50 tactical bombers, I destroy them with mine, he spams 10 rocket fighters I destroyed them too,. so he spammed 50 fighters and 50 bombers and I left... I saw many golden users who spam rockets and when your army is in fight he just kill all with enough rockets, so.. It is possible to use only militia and rockets and win if you have enough of gold so I do not see that game will be ruined by paratroopers, I propose to make maps with them and same maps without them so people can choose what they want to use.
      "Then, when you run out of ammunition and the enemy continues to advance - to the bayonet, when they break your knife - to your hands, when they break both of your hands - to your teeth, when you get the last tooth knocked out, as long as you move, as long you are there - attack! When they mortally wound you, see to it that you fall in their way, so they have to go around you, jump over you or move you - bother them even in death!" speech of lieutenant Tasic before battle of Cer 1914.
    • I thought this was a thread dedicated to paras, not golders. That is talked about enough already, and so far, we've just been wasting our thoughts.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • is this archeological irony excavation?
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.