Non-Core Provinces

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Non-Core Provinces

I've been playing Call of War for a little while, but this is my first time in the forums. I actually migrated to CoW from New World Empires, and one major difference was immediately clear to me: non-core provinces. In NWE you could produce an administrator unit and then upgrade an occupied province to a non-core province, and then again (with a new administrator unit) to a core province. There does not seem to be a way to upgrade non-core provinces to core provinces that I could find. With the penalty of -75% resource production in every non-core province, I was wondering if there was a way to upgrade these provinces or a reason there is no way. Thanks!
    • >> forum.callofwar.com/index.php?thread/24195-non-core-to-core <<

VorlonFCW wrote:

With the non core production penalty it gives a balance that players who own 40% of the map may not have double the economy of a player who owns 20% of the map. This enables a large player to be attacked and even conquered.

In the sister game S1914 there is no difference between core and non core.
      This gives a larger country a much more significant advantage over the
      underdog, so there is no strategy in building slowly and quietly it is
      simply a race to get as big as you can before the other players.

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • cybird wrote:

ima try out this new world empires
      NWE is also a Bytro game. You can use your same username and password from here to simply log in at New World Empires, without needing to create an account.

Good luck :)
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<