How do I select planes on carriers?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do I select planes on carriers?

I have fighters and sea planes on my carriers but I can't select them to make them do anything.
      Every time I try to click on the planes, it just gives me the carrier instead with the planes greyed out.

Is there some trick I'm missing?
    • Try to cross over with your mouse and when you are over planes big circle will show. then left click planes and use them like ordinary.
      "Then, when you run out of ammunition and the enemy continues to advance - to the bayonet, when they break your knife - to your hands, when they break both of your hands - to your teeth, when you get the last tooth knocked out, as long as you move, as long you are there - attack! When they mortally wound you, see to it that you fall in their way, so they have to go around you, jump over you or move you - bother them even in death!" speech of lieutenant Tasic before battle of Cer 1914.
    • Last week there was a change to the size of the "selection boxes" of units in the enhanced graphics, which had the side effect of making the carrier selection box overlap the plane selection box rather awkwardly. That should be fixed somewhat with the next update, and more so in a few weeks.

When you click on the carrier it does show a grayed out shadow of the planes on board, but there has never been a method to select the planes this way. The planes aren't really a part of the carrier, they are just perched on top.

So to select the planes you have to find the point where the planes are highlighted and then click. It does help if the carrier is moving, rather than stationary.

There are many alternate methods of selecting units when directly clicking on them is ineffective:

You may hold down the right mouse button and circle the area to select the units. This will make a gray shadow and select all the units in the loop. In the case of planes: Having the circle include the airbase or carrier they are stationed from is necessary. You will then need to use the split command to separate the planes from the carrier or units at the airfield.

Or, If you make a note of the unit designations, such as AB12, you should be able to use Ctrl + f to locate and select the units with the designation.

Or, The units can be selected by cycling through the units with the left and right arrow keys until the desired unit is found.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<