On Alliances and Games

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• On Alliances and Games

In my last two 100p map games, I've faced members of a certain alliance in game. They are all very high level players, they ally with each other(i.e they join each others' coalitions, they share map when they aren't) and they all occupy countries that are close to each other. Is this allowed? It is quite difficult and discouraging to play when you know that there is already a premade team of powerful players.
      "That's impossible! The Americans only know how to make razor blades."
      "We could do with some of those razor blades, Herr Reichsmarshall."
      Hermann Goring and Erwin Rommel
    • This does not violate any rules of the game.

forum.callofwar.com/index.php?thread/8855-map-in-game-rules/
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • I don't mean to be argumentative, but there are two phrases in the rules that caught my attention:
      • It is not allowed for players to invite friends to help them out (if slots are still available)
      • It is not allowed to join games just to help someone out.
      Could I get a little clarification on these two rules?
      "That's impossible! The Americans only know how to make razor blades."
      "We could do with some of those razor blades, Herr Reichsmarshall."
      Hermann Goring and Erwin Rommel
    • iDragons wrote:

I don't mean to be argumentative, but there are two phrases in the rules that caught my attention:
      • It is not allowed for players to invite friends to help them out (if slots are still available)
      • It is not allowed to join games just to help someone out.
      Could I get a little clarification on these two rules?
      you can't invite players in just to help you attack a country. that is called Wolf-Packing.
      for example: lets say I was Germany and was attacking France and Spain was inactive. I could ask someone to join as Spain to take out France, but that is against the rules. it makes the game unfair.
      in summary: those rules mean no Wolf-Packing, you can't join a game to help another nation through a war
      FORUM GANG WARRANT OFFICER
      "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
      KNOW THE RULES!
      Call of War Game Rules
      Call of War Forum Rules
      Terms of Service

attacker 101
      Call of War Player
      EN Server | Bytro Labs Gmbh
    • iDragons wrote:

It is not allowed for players to invite friends to help them out (if slots are still available)
      This rule regarding wolfpacking applies solely to joining a game late and abuse of the ability to kick inactive players. As the kicking of inactive players in system generated games is no longer possible this has largely made this rule superfluous.

For example in days past when the game host/admin could kick these inactives. If I was the host/admin and you attacked me it would be wolfpacking if I kicked inactives and invited my friends to join to help me out.

As investigation of this rule requires interpretation of intent it was always a difficult and time consuming rule to enforce. The changes to the system where inactives could not be kicked in system games and the addition of join limits where a game can't be joined after day 7-10 has cut down

This does not apply to players who all join at the beginning of the game.

iDragons wrote:

It is not allowed to join games just to help someone out.

This applies to a situation where one player is trying to win the game, and a second player is not actively playing the game to win but exists to give resources, units, land, etc to the first player.

For example if you and I joined a game together, and our plan was that you would win, and I did nothing except for give you my resources and armies, that is cheating.

If two or more players wish to cooperate and form friendships, non aggression pacts, peace treaties, coalitions, or even temporary alliances within a game that is an expected course of action. Using diplomacy and working with your neighbors to counter a larger threat is a fairly large part of the game. Indeed diplomacy might be the third most important part of the game after economy and combat. This diplomacy makes no distinction between players who have met before or not.

It is unreasonable to expect that players who know each other may never again play the same match and work together.

iDragons wrote:

It is quite difficult and discouraging to play when you know that there is already a premade team of powerful players.
      I have always learned more about the game by watching an expert play or especially losing to an expert, rather than from beating up the AI and rookie players.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • It is just as discouraging to join a 100 map with your alliance mates and get no opposition.

The main reason for alliances are that you want to play with your friends (somehow close to each others), preferable on large maps that benefits all aspects of the very fine and elaborated game-mechanics :)

My wish is that Bytro some day makes a 100 map for several alliances/teams of max 5 players, with choose country and no gold....similar to the Dirty Dozen, but with smaller teams (5 max) and with choose country.

Cheers
      "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts"

Bertrand Russel
    • PFM12 wrote:

It is just as discouraging to join a 100 map with your alliance mates and get no opposition.

The main reason for alliances are that you want to play with your friends (somehow close to each others), preferable on large maps that benefits all aspects of the very fine and elaborated game-mechanics :)

My wish is that Bytro some day makes a 100 map for several alliances/teams of max 5 players, with choose country and no gold....similar to the Dirty Dozen, but with smaller teams (5 max) and with choose country.

Cheers
      Yeah, this would be really cool... like an "auto-generated" alliance match!
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

PFM12 wrote:

It is just as discouraging to join a 100 map with your alliance mates and get no opposition.

Cheers
      true
      “ To command is to serve, nothing more and nothing less.”

For support ticket click here

forum rank list(the better one)

join my discord server>discord.gg/nbydn7sEaS

:00010166:
    • jefin b wrote:

K.Rokossovski wrote:

PFM12 wrote:

Cheers
      true
      I agree but this is a post made 2 years ago so...
      when being betrayed betray