When is the next 260 player map?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• This is exactly what im curious about to i loved the ultimate war games they were so fun! what made it a little bad back then is that they spamed the game mode so much that only half of the games would be filled. if they would just have 1 mabye 2 games up until they are full then i feel it would be much better to play on. Not saying at all that before even with the 150 players or so that were in the game was bad but if thats what they were worried about then its an easy fix really. Im sure people would love to enter these games infact so much so that it would probably be more popular then world war 100 player games. So please add this back in the game devs or atleast respond to why this was taken out so we can help fix the issue if possable as a community!
      Please and Thanks! :thumbsup:
      Consider a like to this post!
    • The largest problem with the 260 map was due to the sheer size and number of units late in the game. With several thousand units to track it made the game run slow both on the user's side and on the server.

One of the goals of the WebGL enhanced graphics is a smooth and lag free experience for the players. I hope that once the bugs are worked out of the enhanced graphics that the 260 map will be given further testing.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

The largest problem with the 260 map was due to the sheer size and number of units late in the game. With several thousand units to track it made the game run slow both on the user's side and on the server.

One of the goals of the WebGL enhanced graphics is a smooth and lag free experience for the players. I hope that once the bugs are worked out of the enhanced graphics that the 260 map will be given further testing.
      Ahh very understandable thanks for the reply! I hope things can be worked out i still feel that the enhanced view needs more seperation of the units because right now they are so closely piled together on same provinces i cannot tell if i have planes on it somtimes and even harder to click on them plus the capital names are to close to the capital as well so if theres alot in the area its just messy. But i do hope things can work out soon as im very eager to hop back into that map. If possable could you tell us a planned date perhaps? or even just say no less/more then a month or so?
      Please and Thanks! :thumbsup:
      Consider a like to this post!
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

The largest problem with the 260 map was due to the sheer size and number of units late in the game. With several thousand units to track it made the game run slow both on the user's side and on the server.

Will it enhance the performance over the old graphics? I'm still using the old graphics, being more practical than the WebGL one.
    • For larger games the performance of the enhanced renderer should be better most of the time and for most computers already (exception are old and slow computers), and will be optimized even further. We cannot give any dates when we will have that map testable again. But it will certainly be much more than 1 month.
    • AK140 wrote:

Will it enhance the performance over the old graphics? I'm still using the old graphics, being more practical than the WebGL one.

The enhanced graphics are designed to be faster and more responsive with less lag that the older graphics. Perhaps you need to optomize your system for them. Try this thread:

forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…graphics-troubleshooting/
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<