Winning as a coalition

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• There are a couple possibilities:

A member of your coalition probably reached the number of points needed for a solo win. When that happens the player with enough points for a solo win will earn the solo win, and other players will get second, third, fourth, etc, places.

In order for a coalition to earn the win the coalition needs to satisfy the victory conditions of earning enough points. It doesn't matter that you are in a coalition with the winner.

Another possibility is the game ended by a timer or retirement. In both of those cases as well the victory is awarded to the player with the highest number of points, and coalitions are ignored.

for specific help with your game you can submit a bug report and someone will take a look.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Hi Vorlon,

Referring to your response above, I have several coalition victories upon clicking the retire button. What I found was that when all 3 of you are on the top 3 or when your coalition's cumulative score is the highest compared to any other individual player (inactive player of course), then we get a clear coalition victory which is even displayed on the newspaper headlines. Recently I had a case where my coalition's cumulative score was lower than an inactive player on the top, that is when it showed defeated upon clicking retire.

There is an attachment below of the proof of what I was talking about. If you can see we got a total lesser than the amount required for a coalition victory, however we got a coalition victory with 2000 gold each. And it was counted as a coalition victory on my record as well.

There is a lot of confusion related to this retirement option, if you get any more details on this, please let me know. I have sent a message to the support team regarding this, as I was unable to find any more solid information on the Forums.

Regards,
      Dellingr
      Images
      • Proof Retirement option.JPG

291.28 kB, 1,920×1,072, viewed 124 times

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dellingr ().

• With the last update two weeks ago or so the victory acquirement's have been lowered. Coalition victory used to be 80% and is now 70% of the map, for solo victory is now 59%. When a player was in a coalition but had enough victory points to have a solo victory then the game would end with a solo victory. Also this has changed and a coalition victory has now priority so if you want a solo victory then you need to leave your coalition.

With the retirement function you need to be the first i the ranking to get your solo victory, or in case of coalition your teammates or one of your teammates needs to be the first. If an inactive is leading when you retire then obviously you won't win. So next time attack that inactive player to get first in the ranking before you retire.

For your particular case, maybe fill in a bug report so we can take a look at it.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • Hi BMfox,

Yes in the game from the above screenshot, I was rank 1. So just to confirm here, if one of the coalition mates is rank 1, we get a coalition victory? or do they add up the cumulative of all the coalition members, and then compare with the top player's score?
    • Actually with the latest update there are a lot of implications. So my post above is outdated and incorrect. I'll try and summarize this simply, although it can be complex.

Coalitions are now dominant.

This means that If a player is in a coalition that the game will only end when coalition victory is achieved. Even if the player is the only member of that coalition and has achieved the points necessary for coalition victory, the game will continue until the coalition victory requirement is met.

Also this means for retirement that a coalition win will be awarded instead of single victory. I have not been able to play with all the scenarios to see how that works if two players are in a coalition and one isn't when the retire button is pressed so that I can explain that possibility yet.

Dellingr wrote:

Recently I had a case where my coalition's cumulative score was lower than an inactive player on the top, that is when it showed defeated upon clicking retire.
      Of course. Games that are ended by retirement or timer will award the solo victory to the highest scoring country regardless of the country being operated by an active player or not. Now if your coalition had a higher score you would have gotten the coalition win.

Additionally the gold rewards listed in the newspaper now align with the new rewards going forward, However, for games started prior to the last update the rewards themselves were not changed, so you will continue to receive the old rewards for those games. This can cause some confusion as well.

Does that clear up any of the mystery, or does it cause more questions? :D
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW

• VorlonFCW wrote:

Also this means for retirement that a coalition win will be awarded instead of single victory. I have not been able to play with all the scenarios to see how that works if two players are in a coalition and one isn't when the retire button is pressed so that I can explain that possibility yet.
      Hey Vorlon,

Actually I've played in this scenario as well, but it was a couple of months ago and I guess it was before the update. A 'SOLO' victory was considered for the top player when the 3rd member who clicked retire wasn't a part of the coalition. Everyone else including my other coalition member got only gold, but 'no' victory point.

I need to find that game to get the screenshots. Although I think it won't be in my archive anymore. :(
    • Dellingr wrote:

a couple of months ago and I guess it was before the update.
      Yes. We can't mix in data from before the update. :P What you described is precisely the way it did work, but now it does not work the same way.

From the April 16th update:

Arcorian wrote:

We fixed an issue that led to players achieving a solo map win despite being members of a coalition or team. Coalition or team victory conditions now have priority over the solo victory condition.

VorlonFCW

• Well It happens that I just had a coalition victory in a 1939 historical world map 1.5.
      The prize should be 3000 + Score. But I got 2200 instead.

Any explication for this?
      Screenshot in attachments

Thank you in advance
      Images
      • Coalition Victory - Prize.png

542.25 kB, 939×715, viewed 11 times