Airplanes on ground

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Airplanes on ground

Airplanes on ground are still airplanes and they have they strength except short period of refueling. I use them a lot to stop province from rebelion if it had an airport. Now I see that they do not have strength even they are not refueling. Is there some change in game that I missed?
      "Then, when you run out of ammunition and the enemy continues to advance - to the bayonet, when they break your knife - to your hands, when they break both of your hands - to your teeth, when you get the last tooth knocked out, as long as you move, as long you are there - attack! When they mortally wound you, see to it that you fall in their way, so they have to go around you, jump over you or move you - bother them even in death!" speech of lieutenant Tasic before battle of Cer 1914.
    • I think you have just been lucky.

Planes cannot take or hold provinces.

A ground unit is necessary to capture a province.

A ground unit is necessary to hold a province from enemy attack. A plane or group of planes parked alone on the ground will just watch the enemy roll in and change the ownership of the airbase. The planes will then turn into their convoy trucks and be destroyed quite easily. If there is a ground unit in the province to hold the province the planes will assist with defending the province.

In the same line of thinking as not being able to prevent a province from being captured: A plane or plane group cannot hold a province against a rebellion or uprising. If there is a rebellion your planes are not included and will remain unharmed in the province.

A plane convoy or rocket convoy cannot capture a province. In fact I am fairly certain that a plane convoy can roll across a vacant peaceful province without even causing a war declaration. (I have not tried this in over a year, so it may have changed) If the province has a unit there of course will be a war declared by a unit meeting another unit without permission to be there (right of way or share map)
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • I think you did not understand me. I take province with ground units and continue to advance. Province have airport and I leave planes there, they had strength and they could stop rebellion I am 100% sure, I did it many times. When planes refuel they have strength and they put chance to rebellion to 0%, and now that is not a case. Now when you have planes on ground strength in morale tab is still 0
      "Then, when you run out of ammunition and the enemy continues to advance - to the bayonet, when they break your knife - to your hands, when they break both of your hands - to your teeth, when you get the last tooth knocked out, as long as you move, as long you are there - attack! When they mortally wound you, see to it that you fall in their way, so they have to go around you, jump over you or move you - bother them even in death!" speech of lieutenant Tasic before battle of Cer 1914.
    • I understand your original point completely. Perhaps I was too thorough with my first answer.

patriota75 wrote:

they had strength and they could stop rebellion I am 100% sure
      100% wrong i am afraid.

The strength of planes has never counted when checking the chance of rebellion in the province morale menu.

As you likely overlooked it in the midst of my post, here is my line from above:

VorlonFCW wrote:

In the same line of thinking as not being able to prevent a province from being captured: A plane or plane group cannot hold a province against a rebellion or uprising. If there is a rebellion your planes are not included and will remain unharmed in the province.

As you can see below, the strength of planes is NOT reflected in the "army strength" line of the province morale line.

This has not changed. It has been this way for as long as I know about.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW

• Red arrow points at the field I mean. Earlier was the same number as the strength of planes but now it is not. I am 100% sure it was, I used a lot and always was like that. I havent plated for a 3 months and now I checked too, but there is 0/ Earlier was strength of planes and chance of uprissing 0
    • patriota75 wrote:

Earlier was the same number as the strength of planes
      No, it never has been for planes.

VorlonFCW

• OK,thanks.