Units unselectable

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Units unselectable

Game 2,649,103. It started earlier today or late yesterday I was unable to select a couple units. Now I have a whole convoy stack unselectable. I used the Ctrl F but that no longer works with the arrow keys. Units stuck are all just East of New Zealand. 26 stack with planes and carriers.
    • Sounds like you are mixing two different methods.

Select one unit, and cycle through all of your units with the left or right arrow keys until the proper one is displayed.

Or

If you know the unit designation, such as AB12, you can use Ctrl + F then type in AB12 to select the unit.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • crammy wrote:

re opened then selected a LAND unit this allowed me to use the left/right buttons to scroll though the units till i found it.
      Reloading the game will refresh the unit list so it will cycle through them smoothly. When the game has been open a while the list gets "jumbled"

Bones31271 wrote:

is there going to be a fix for this?
      I hope so, but this map seam issue has continued for months through several "fixes" that did not completely solve the issue.

Bones31271 wrote:

I now have a stack of 22 planes that are patrolling enemy territory and I cannot cancel or move or even highlight them????
      There are always alternate methods of selection when directly clicking on a unit does not work. Two of them are listed above, but I will repeat the entire list here:

You may hold down the right mouse button and circle the area to select the units. This will make a gray shadow and select all the units in the loop. In the case of planes: Having the circle include the airbase or carrier they are stationed from is necessary. You will then need to use the split command to separate the planes from the carrier or units at the airfield.

Or, The units can be selected by cycling through the units with the left and right arrow keys until the desired unit is found.

Or, If you make a note of the unit designations, such as AB12, you should be able to use Ctrl + f to locate and select the units with the designation.

If you don't know the unit designation finding it can involve some guess work.

You can select any of your other units to find your country code. Each unit that you own will start with the same letter combination in the designation. So if one unit is AB1, then the next unit is AB2 and so on.

If you know that this group killed an enemy unit lately you can look in the newspaper. If it says "6th tactical bomber squadron" then the unit designation is AB6

You can also find a complete list of your groups if you go to trade your armies with another player through diplomacy. There of course may be several units that share a similar name, but if you see 5 convoy units in your list then you may have to try each one to find the one that you are looking for. These again will be listed such as "8th convoy" so you need to use Ctrl + F to search for AB8.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<