naval invasions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• naval invasions

is it possible to speed up an invasion from the sea? if not I have asuggestion

perhaps add something to be reasearched that allows, after the thing has been reasearched, for units to disembark from a ship to land quicker, maybe in a hour, but they would recive a combat handicap, seeing as they would be coming off landing craft, perhaps the units could also take double damage if there are units stationed in the provence the unit is landing on, this would encourage players to invade from the sea and make the naval research tree more appealing. :D :D
      FUNGUS! *CLAP CLAP CLAP* FUNGUS! *CLAP CLAP CLAP* FUNGUS!!!!
    • FUNGUS_TE_FIRST wrote:

is it possible to speed up an invasion from the sea? if not I have asuggestion

perhaps add something to be reasearched that allows, after the thing has been reasearched, for units to disembark from a ship to land quicker, maybe in a hour, but they would recive a combat handicap, seeing as they would be coming off landing craft, perhaps the units could also take double damage if there are units stationed in the provence the unit is landing on, this would encourage players to invade from the sea and make the naval research tree more appealing. :D :D
      Your port allows faster movement to water, the higher the port the faster the movement, suggest taking someone else's port with a decent naval stack and some ground troops then mass offload quickly into that port. If they have a lvl 2 port you will get to offload on a lvl 1 due to damage.
      :thumbup: :beer: - Living the dream!
    • Lawrence Czl wrote:

You don't need an industrial zone to build a naval base.You were asking about something to speed up embarking/disembarking.
      i know this, but most naval bases are built in citys with industrys so they can produce ships, and waiting for one to be built after taking a provence is a waste of reasources
    • FUNGUS_TE_FIRST wrote:

Lawrence Czl wrote:

You don't need an industrial zone to build a naval base.You were asking about something to speed up embarking/disembarking.
      i know this, but most naval bases are built in citys with industrys so they can produce ships, and waiting for one to be built after taking a provence is a waste of reasources
      Logistically speaking its 1942 and to offload a troop carrier it takes a while. It is not quite impossible without a port but when your talking men and material it involved crane systems to speed the process which were found in ports. I think 4+ hours is fair enough in the balance scheme of things.
      :thumbup: :beer: - Living the dream!
    • Svven78 wrote:

Logistically speaking its 1942 and to offload a troop carrier it takes a while. It is not quite impossible without a port but when your talking men and material it involved crane systems to speed the process which were found in ports. I think 4+ hours is fair enough in the balance scheme of things.
      I was thinking landing craft