Country with no Provinces Left

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Country with no Provinces Left

I have an issue in a game where I had mutual Share maps with a human player.
      Now that human player no longer has any provinces left but still has a substantial force wandering about the ocean.
      The issue is twofold
      1. I cannot modify my relationship with that country as they no longer exist in the Diplomacy screen because they have no provinces left. This means that he can still see all my forces and could potentially be giving my enemies full disclosure of my forces using screen shots in some 3rd party software like Discord. I would like to be able to modify my relationship back to Peace - perhaps the developers could allow relationship modification from the screen where I click on his units at sea and it shows Share Maps as my status
      2. The country with no provinces still shows as part of a coalition so I presume can still engage in coalition diplomacy and be feeding intel on my forces that way
      Either way I think this is a bug
    • Both are possible as long as the player stays active by taking some action: troop movement or a market trade. That is one of the risks of shared map.
      1) You could try offerring him a trade for peace. Maybe offer him a province. If he doesn't accept a province, he probably is giving away intel about you.
      2) You could engage him in war. To do that you have to get close enough to start a battle. The downside would depend on how large his remaining forces are.
    • Thanks mate - of course I had an old conversation with him so I could continue that chat and have resolved the issue. The problem for other players of course is that they could go to war with him and be unable to return to peace if they did not have an existing conversation. It would be nice for all active players to stay in Diplomacy even if they have no provinces left