Rebuilding/Converting units

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Rebuilding/Converting units

I was thinking that it would be really neat to be able to rebuild units explicitly rather than have them rest in a high morale province and take many game days to recover. You should be able to place a unit in a city with appropriate buildings and be able to say rebuild this unit please much in the same way as you can repair a damaged building. That way you can expend a proportion of the resources needed to build a new unit but rebuild an old one. The amount of resources should be less as the core administrative portions of a combat unit are mostly unaffected by combat losses and these are often expensive in terms of trained manpower and equipment.

Most types of units should also be allowed to convert to a similar "type" of unit in the tech tree. For example, you may have too many Armored Cars and want to convert them to say, Light tanks. There should be a conversion schedule that allows you to do this taking into account that often the core HQ and admin elements of a unit are quite similar and just need a bit of retraining time and the combat elements need to be re-equipped and trained - this process should be cheaper and shorter than building a completely new unit. I would suggest that all Infantry-style units could be converted only to another Infantry-style unit, Armor to Armor, Air to Air, Naval to Naval and probable Specials cannot be changed at all.

Finally, players should be able to disband units and recover at least their manpower and perhaps a bit of Steel and maybe Goods. Later in big games when food becomes limiting this would be a great way to help stave off starvation
    • Jabberwocki wrote:

...Finally, players should be able to disband units and recover at least their manpower and perhaps a bit of Steel and maybe Goods. Later in big games when food becomes limiting this would be a great way to help stave off starvation
      I don't care much for your first suggestions, but I like the idea of disbanding troops. Late game if I could send my infantry "home" to save food, that would be lovely.
      Eminem2891
      EN Senior Moderator | JA Senior GO
      EN/JA Support Teams | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click here to submit a bug report or support ticket
    • Eminem2891 wrote:

I like the idea of disbanding troops. Late game if I could send my infantry "home" to save food, that would be lovely.
      Agreed. I put a lot of effort into minimizing casualties and this causes me to end up with early game units that grow obsolete over time, for various reasons. Disbanding would be great. I don't need, nor do I expect, a return on resources for disbanding; I just want the consumption to stop.
    • VIRVCOBRV wrote:

Lawrence Czl wrote:

Units recover 15% of their damage at day change in any province owned by you. Morale of the province has nothing to do with it.
      So recovering in home provinces goes faster than on foreign land ?
      As he said >> Morale of the province has nothing to do with it >> ..and it goes in all own provinces equally fast, of course also in conquered, but never goes in stranger provinces, not even in allied.

>> forum.callofwar.com/index.php?thread/23852-details-about-units-regeneration <<

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D