today’s release is all about quality and immersion. We are enhancing our graphical features even further to make sure that we stay a top notch strategy game that looks appealing from the first glance. With the new map border frame and cloud effects you will feel more immersed in being a General managing troops on a global scale. At the same time we want to make sure that our game stays playable and readable in all arising situations, so we also implement further usability improvements. To round things off, as usual we include a bunch of bug fixes to deliver the best gameplay experience possible to you.
Please see below a detailed list of all changes:
Enhanced graphics version (WebGL):
- Added a map border frame for more immersion.
- Added cloud effects for more immersion.
- Added timer icons for refueling and delay commands.
- Inaccessible territory and islands are displayed on the map again.
- The attack range circles of ranged units are now displayed more accurately.
- Province borders are now easier to see in combination with the map lighting.
- The supply drop icon got positioned closer to the affected province.
- The name of the selected province is shown again also when having “display province names” turned off in the settings.
- We exchanged the resource icons to give them a clearer identity and to make them better visible on the map.
- Rockets are not able to be fired directly on flying planes anymore. Instead rockets will now try to launch on the airport of the targeted planes.
- Nuclear bombers can’t patrol anymore to make their purpose more clear and to prevent potential issues.
- We now show event announcements in the home screen of the mobile app as well.
- In the mobile app, entries in the event log of speed rounds are now showing real-time dates instead of in-game time.
- For speed maps, the newspaper now consistently shows real-time dates instead of in-game time.
- The “Event log” in the game is renamed to “Front reports” to not be confused with our weekly Event scenario announcements.
- We fixed a bug that led to a big delay in the time between receiving an achievement and being able to collect its gold reward.
- Fixed an issue which led planes to regard air connections as sea connections.
- We fixed a bug in the mobile app that led to the back button in the loading screen being unresponsive in certain cases.
- We fixed a case where it was not possible for some users to switch back to the enhanced graphics renderer (WebGL) in the game options.
- We fixed a bug in the mobile app that led to the on-screen keyboard overlapping buttons in certain cases.
- We fixed a bug in the mobile app that led to the buttons in the "round has not yet started" being unresponsive.
- We fixed a bug in the PC version that led to coalitions showing broken images when coalition flags were missing.
- We fixed a bug on some mobile devices that led to units being selectable only when you tap slightly above them.
Also, there may be a very special surprise coming soon... What could it be? Find out with the announcement in a few days...
Your Bytro Team