Enhanced Graphics remain UGLY/DARK

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Enhanced Graphics remain UGLY/DARK

After each update, I try out the Enhanced Graphics. They are ugly. They are way too dark in all provinces and the effects actually hurt my eyes. We don't need water simulation or waves...that is a pointless waste of processing power. Who was the rocket scientist (being sarcastic) that came up with the odd idea to add CLOUDS to this game? Really? What remote purpose do they serve other than making an already lagging game...more laggy? They don't add anything good!

There is also a weird/bright glare in one spot. Enhanced Graphics contain way too much useless visual content for ZERO benefit...none, nada. This feature worsens playability as it is actually more difficult to find my units and give commands. While my planes were refueling, it was almost impossible to find the planes that were ready.

TLDR = Please don't ever take away the option to turn Enhanced Graphics off...it is simply awful. If you want to improve this feature, then brighten things up. And I don't mean make everything a goofy dark/shiny like they are now.

The post was edited 3 times, last by BeerBelly ().

• BeerBelly wrote:

After each update, I try out the Enhanced Graphics. They are ugly. They are way too dark in all provinces and the effects actually hurt my eyes. We don't need water simulation or waves...that is a pointless waste of processing power. Who was the rocket scientist (being sarcastic) that came up with the odd idea to add CLOUDS to this game? Really? What remote purpose do they serve other than making an already lagging game...more laggy? They don't add anything good!
      Really? It might just be me, but Enhanced Graphics makes my game run smoother. When I turn off Enhanced, it is an actual nightmare to drag the map around because the map doesn't load in at the same time- it loads in slowly, in huge chunks. The map without Enhanced looks hideous and old school, imo.
      "That's impossible! The Americans only know how to make razor blades."
      "We could do with some of those razor blades, Herr Reichsmarshall."
      Hermann Goring and Erwin Rommel
    • I dislike the enhanced graphics, just a bad look altogether, and why should there be clouds exactly? I'm sticking with the classical graphics as long as that option exists. The classical graphics should not be removed.
      "Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster." ~ Sun Tzu, The Art of War

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
    • The enhanced graphics are designed to be a smoother and better experience all around. There are still many parts of the enhanced graphics that are being worked on and improved.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Lukenick wrote:

I dislike the enhanced graphics, just a bad look altogether, and why should there be clouds exactly? I'm sticking with the classical graphics as long as that option exists. The classical graphics should not be removed.
      Agree altogether. I don’t mind the clouds though.
      However, the system recently is forcing me to use these “enhanced graphics”. Please keep them on. They are way cooler than these new ones.
      I find it easier to move the map with the old graphics and harder with the new ones also.