We are excited to make a special announcement today: Paratroopers are finally coming to Call of War! Many of you asked for it for a long time, and we were listening.
Paratroopers could change the way Call of War is played in a major way, so they have to be implemented with care. We value the opinions and concerns of our players and don’t want to rush this. That’s why Paratroopers will be tested by our Frontline Pioneers in Beta games for several weeks. This gives us the opportunity to collect feedback and make necessary balancing adjustments, to make sure that they are neither too powerful nor too useless.
If you are one of the randomly selected Frontline Pioneers you can test Paratroopers in all Beta games right now! We will create additional Beta rounds, including speed rounds, for faster testing. You can send us your feedback in the Frontline Pioneer forum section or via submitting a support ticket from your Beta game. We will also create a feedback form that we will share in the Beta game notifications.
Final balancing values will be shared with the next release news, as they are subject to change during the Beta test. But we still want to give you a glimpse of how Paratroopers will work in the game, as the functionality is set:
- Can only be built in the Capital.
- Has high cost and high build requirements.
- Is initially an airplane that can start from any airport.
- Paratrooper airplane has low hitpoints and comparatively small range.
- Can attack land targets: Airplane is replaced with a Paratrooper Infantry on the target location.
- Paratrooper Infantry has a long cooldown period before it can start moving.
- Paratrooper Infantry has slightly better stats than Infantry but moves slower.
- Paratrooper Infantry can not be converted to an airplane again.
With this design we hope to enable new strategies, like invading islands off the coast or special operations behind enemy lines, while still making it a risky and costly choice with enough possibilities for the defender to protect themselves.
When Paratroopers are released in the near future, we will make them available only in new game rounds that are created after the release. This is to make sure that we don’t interfere with your ongoing war efforts and strategies.
We hope that you are as excited as we are about the future addition of this unit and look forward to its release in the upcoming weeks!
Your Bytro team