Airplane Convoys

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Airplane Convoys

I don't understand.
      I am fairly new to Call of War, so keep that in mind.
      Whenever I select an airplane unit and try to attack with it, it always turns into a convoy instead of actually flying. Even if there are airfields around it, the unit just turns into a convoy and is basically useless. Is there a way to make it fly?
    • yes its harder on mobile, and sometimes the range disapperar for a bug or badly loaded graphic. the pc its surely more useful to the precision
      You merely adopted the shitposting. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see a proper post until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but blinding!
    • In some cases you need an airbase in about every second province at the beginning of the game. Some larger provinces are too far from center to center for low level planes to reach as well.

Higher level airplanes have a longer range, so be sure to research higher level planes.

Your plane will fly from airbase to airbase if the airbases are within range. If the range is exceeded it will need to go by truck.

Try using the patrol command, as it gives you a better idea of the range in most cases.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Good day to both of you.

I was curious about airplane convoys on water and the mechanics around carriers ( as if normal air combat isn't complicated enough, let's add a moving air base on water ). So recently I dealt with the trucks on carrier bug by sending those planes back to a friendly airbase as ship convoys and flying them back on the carrier. I was wondering if it is possible to :

Merge aircraft sea convoys to a carrier group, so that the aircrafts go back on the carrier.

Additionally, what happens if aircraft are out on patrol while the carrier moves out of their patrol range ? Will the aircraft drop into the water as convoys, or return immediately to the carrier ?
      We're always looking for top players to play together and learn from. Apply to Tokugawa Bakufu ( alliance code : KIOTO ) if you are a like-minded individual and wish to improve your game.

Whenever feasible, one should always try to eat the rude.

• Planes are not supposed to fall off from carriers. When carriers leave the range of the patrol the plane will return to the carrier.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

Planes are not supposed to fall off from carriers.
      Planes falling off carriers ... ? Well, I understand these accidents do happen IRL, albeit very rarely.

What's more infuriating is that once they do, they are first trucks in the water, and must "embark" and be lifted for a few hours onto their little transport barges so you can ferry them home to some airbase, where upon they must of course disembark, become truck convoys again, etc. etc. :rolleyes:
      We're always looking for top players to play together and learn from. Apply to Tokugawa Bakufu ( alliance code : KIOTO ) if you are a like-minded individual and wish to improve your game.

Whenever feasible, one should always try to eat the rude.

• The worst åart is if the planes are actually in range, but in the fray you misclick a bit. So when the return and refuel, they load onto trucks and drive away from the airfield. This is so annoying. It can be very hard to see in a crowded province if your airplane orders are a bit off the target.

I wish airplanes had an option to snap to airfields.
    • WascallywabbitCDN wrote:

VorlonFCW wrote:

Planes are not supposed to fall off from carriers. When carriers leave the range of the patrol the plane will return to the carrier.
      Mine always do ..... although they are being flown by homing pigeons :S
      Well, COW is bugged... sometimes the people are too! Lol
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • Hello I am very new to the game (still in - and winning for that matter - my first game). I have worked out about the range of the aircraft related to it flying, but I wish to know how to transform an existing convoy back into a plane. Idk if you have to bring it back to your original territory because I have only tried it on captured land. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

(if it matters I am on mobile)
    • NotAGoodPlayer wrote:

Hello I am very new to the game (still in - and winning for that matter - my first game). I have worked out about the range of the aircraft related to it flying, but I wish to know how to transform an existing convoy back into a plane. Idk if you have to bring it back to your original territory because I have only tried it on captured land. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

(if it matters I am on mobile)
      Just build an airstrip or aircraft factory, it should be transformed into a plane.