Different Research Trees

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Different Research Trees

I think that adding different research trees to the three troop types would be a bit interesting. As far as I see there are three type of troop types. For example (I'll classify the troop types by their tank colors since it's easier), America has brown tanks. Russia has the green weird tanks. And Germany has the grey-blue tanks. Perhaps the brown troop type (like Americas) should have better infantry than the grey troop type (like Germany's), but the grey troop type has better tanks than the brown one. Maybe the green troop type should have a unique level 2 Commando that's slightly better than the other one. Maybe even the brown troop type could have unique special bombers that are better offensively but take twice the received damage. It would make players think about the country they want to choose instead of taking the first one they see or the one with the highest production.
      Display Spoiler

Examples for those who don't know what I'm talking about when I say "troop types".
      The Brown troop type tank:
      2019-03-24 23_14_43-.png

The Grey troop type tank:
      2019-03-24 23_06_27-‪Call of War - Steam‬.png

The Green troop type tank:
      2019-03-24 23_19_29-.png

The post was edited 1 time, last by Wecris ().

• This would pose significant problems, for several reasons :
      • Some games don't gave the country selection option, or some players (like me) like to select randomly and roll with the country they get, for the sake of change. You would be put at an automatic disadvantage in a case where, say, your infantry was weaker and your neighbor's tanks stronger, yet you get a country that consists mostly of plains. That's a guaranteed defeat.
      • Differentiating the balancing of each unit according to nation, as you suggest, would force the devs to carefully reconsider and remodel every province on each map, to ensure each country has at least a few terrains where their troops do well. However, not only is that unrealistic, as irl countries do not necessarily have every type of terrain dependent on their geography, but this would also present a huge amount of work, all just for a change that is not only unsubstantial but would also upset 99 % of players.