Aircraft in Truck

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Aircraft in Truck

Game 1068930

I have an aircraft in a truck apparenly capturing a city.

Day 21 1:20 pm The 20th German Armoured Car Regiment (3x a/c) has captured Sfax (from the Italians, the city was empty of troops at capture).
      Day 22 4:02 am The 14th Italian Interceptor Squadron (1x interceptor in a truck) has captured Sfax.
      4:58 am The 20th German Armoured Car Regiment has captured Sfax.

Sfax became an Italian province again, the interceptor truck occupying the city with the armoured cars also in the city (they hadn't moved since they first captured the place) attacking the truck.

Not sure what is going on here, how did the truck capture the city without defeating the armoured cars?

The post was edited 2 times, last by Chertiozhnik ().

• Peculiar thing happening again, same game, Germany (me) attacking Novgorod. Recon had found a Soviet Interceptor squadron based in the city earlier, and I'm sure it was still there when I attacked.

2x infantry approached the city and no sign of the unit appeared: the city looked empty. When they arrived they got a red lightning stroke over their icon showing they were in combat, and unit details said they were "fighting Novgorod".

I assume that once they destroy the interceptor they will also take the city: meanwhile the Soviet aircraft remains invisible.
    • Actually, Airplanes in Trucks can capture empty cities at the moment.
      When they return to their airfield after flying, they can recapture the city if it has been conquered in the meanwhile.

Is this behavior unexpected for you? Maybe only units with offensive land damage should be able to conquer a city (which excludes airplane transports).
    • i have had this happen as well, i do think the trucks should be able to capture provinces, however if the province where the airbase that plane is using is captured all planes should be destroyed when they return to refuel, (meaning planes can only capture unoccupied provinces)- and when an airbase is taken all planes operating from it should either be destroyed or finish their attack and then return and be destroyed, i think patrolling keeps the planes from returning so they should be forced to return immediately.

The post was edited 5 times, last by Lukebnm ().

• @Zarathustra: yes, this is unexpected. I don't think aircraft alone, or anything with 0 offensive land damage, should be able to capture provinces (whether arriving by air or in trucks) at all. In the case I described in post #1, the truck recaptured a city occupied by my ground forces without fighting my forces.

I would say that aircraft whose base cities have been occupied should relocate to the nearest friendly airbase (by air or by truck) or be destroyed.

Altogether I have noticed some very odd things going on with air-to-air and air-to-ground combat. I mentioned in post #4 an attack on Novgorod. My ground forces (tanks and infantry) have been attacking the city for several hours and the enemy interceptor is still "there" (actually it is flying patrol over a nearby city) with 100% HP. I have tried flying a 15x interceptor patrol into the enemy's patrol area - it looks like I lost 1.0 HP from the Wing during the patrol and the enemy was untouched. Next I tried to directly attack the enemy interceptor with my 15x planes: the first attack went in to Novgorod city with no apparent effect on the enemy. I am not sure how to get rid of the enemy fighter (or capture Novgorod): I will try attacking an enemy ground target in its patrol area and see if it counter-attacks...

Update: nope, that didn't work either. Seems to be no way of destroying the Soviet plane or taking Novgorod.

Update 2: hours later, the plane is gone, the city has fallen. So it pans out eventually, but still I think there is something wrong with the mechanics.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Chertiozhnik ().

• I just sent out two planes on patrol and called them back again. One has landed as an aircraft and is refuelling. The other has landed and is refuelling too, but in a truck as the "57th German Airplane Convoy".

Update: it has refuelled, still as a rruck. It joined the stack of other aircraft at the city when I clicked on it and "moved" it to the city it was already in, leaving a "ghost" unit "57th German Infantry Brigade".

Aircraft behaviour seems to be getting weirder by the day.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Chertiozhnik ().

• Planes that are landed in a province can be killed, but honestly will stall for hours or days on end.

I had a case where I came with 4 artillery, 10+ Light tanks, 20+ some infantry. 7 some planes held them off for days on end.
    • akgolfer wrote:

I have two sets of planes that are not moving or coming out of being trucks, both places have a functoining airstrip and were planes when I moved them there. please help. game #1264281, provinces in question are sloutnoya and tokna in Asia
      Did you report your issue?