The Gold Problem

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The Gold Problem

There is a serious gold problem in the way the game is currently. Ill start by saying im not against gold. I think it is great and adds to the game. Of course yall need income to run your business etc. However, from a long-term users perspective and experience it is ruining the game because it is out of balance. Many games of this time and age require constant balancing to make sure nothing is "OP" or over powered as it is called. To be clear on this, something is OP if there is nothing that can defeat it. That is the current gold "Meta".
      When a player is defeating another and that person can just wip out there wallet and use gold to completely dominate them in all aspects..resources, manpower, production, morale, and even use gold to constantly see all on the battlefield through "reveal all armies" things get alittle futile. This is simple, when things get so futile that a more skilled player can do nothing against a gold spammer that is less skilled..the end result is the more skilled player will ethier enter into a wallet war, or much more likely will stop caring, take a hit to there ego and stop playing the game all togethor.

I would suggest a balance of the abilities of gold. I have friends that just dont want to play this game anymore sadly. I dont blame them. Every map we have begun to dominate has turned into us being dominated by clear gold spam. BTW yes we all bought some gold. ITs fun to play with 20-30k gold to make things fun and cover your mistakes. But when someone goes beyond that it becomes futile.

To try to be constructive, ill offer some solutions. Why not increase the cost of the most OP gold use. The Reveal All. A skilled player may be able to defeat someone using gold by outsmarting them. But not if that person is slamming the reveall all button for a mear 1,700 gold all day long.

Come on developers! This is a real problem. BTW i do have a degree in economics and I do love this game and I do believe that balancing the gold issue will not interfere with your total gold revenue. This is solely on the user experience side. It needs to be balanced to give us skilled players a fighting chance against newbish gold spammers.

Thanks for reading.
    • Prefector wrote:

the end result is the more skilled player will ethier enter into a wallet war, or much more likely will stop caring, take a hit to there ego and stop playing the game all togethor.
      This is a choice really. I recently encountered a player that used gold on a US map. He ended with 500 units on around day 22 or so. He was alone and my coalition of 4 could not really do anything about it. Worst part was that he was not particulary nice about winning. He did his very best to taunt us into a message war and just feel superior or something.

I played with a friend of mine that just stopped playing. He said '' there is just no fun in playing this way ''. I disagree on this. I had a lot of fun fighting this player. It gave me great pleasure to keep destroying his troops and then see the next huge wave comming in. I knew I was fighting a fight that I could not win, but does that need to mean that you have no more fun playing? Sure I expected to win the map with my coalition as we were doing great, sadly it didnt happen because a player decided to spend at least 2 million gold on this map.

Well thats just the way it is. Its a game and you can not win every single time anyway. No real need to have your ego hurt if you ask me. Besides, I play without gold and most times I defeat someone they still blame it on the gold anyway. People just do not like to lose.

If you do not like to have gold be a part of the game, come join the Players League! A goldless tournament that runs 2 seasons a year lasting 6 months each. There is a new map every month. April comming up!

Funny thing is , if you defeat someone in PL, chances are big they complain about you being more active then them, getting help from someone or whatever. PEOPLE ARE SORE LOSERS, ALL OF US. Its human nature.
    • Edepedable wrote:

Prefector wrote:

the end result is the more skilled player will ethier enter into a wallet war, or much more likely will stop caring, take a hit to there ego and stop playing the game all togethor.
      This is a choice really. I recently encountered a player that used gold on a US map. He ended with 500 units on around day 22 or so. He was alone and my coalition of 4 could not really do anything about it. Worst part was that he was not particulary nice about winning. He did his very best to taunt us into a message war and just feel superior or something.
      I played with a friend of mine that just stopped playing. He said '' there is just no fun in playing this way ''. I disagree on this. I had a lot of fun fighting this player. It gave me great pleasure to keep destroying his troops and then see the next huge wave comming in. I knew I was fighting a fight that I could not win, but does that need to mean that you have no more fun playing? Sure I expected to win the map with my coalition as we were doing great, sadly it didnt happen because a player decided to spend at least 2 million gold on this map.

Well thats just the way it is. Its a game and you can not win every single time anyway. No real need to have your ego hurt if you ask me. Besides, I play without gold and most times I defeat someone they still blame it on the gold anyway. People just do not like to lose.

If you do not like to have gold be a part of the game, come join the Players League! A goldless tournament that runs 2 seasons a year lasting 6 months each. There is a new map every month. April comming up!

Funny thing is , if you defeat someone in PL, chances are big they complain about you being more active then them, getting help from someone or whatever. PEOPLE ARE SORE LOSERS, ALL OF US. Its human nature.

I wish I could give this more than one like. :)

When faced with a war you cannot win, find some satisfaction in a smaller victory. Improve your stats, improve your skills, or collect some achievements.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • My fellow Regulators and I recently had to make this decision - and from what I can tell, our opponent decided to call it quits after slamming 200+ troops into our combined (5-players) force of 100+ planes and supporting ground units. I won't deny it, we all thought we were going to lose, even with our combined strength, but we still enjoyed the fact that we were able to compete with someone putting that much into it.

I'm glad there are people that support the game in this way, and am okay with losing to them once in a while (admittedly, hasn't happened yet). I'll admit that I have bought HC and a bit of gold in my time playing, and I am glad that I have been able to support the game in this way too. It's apart of the game and we just have to learn how to deal with it respectfully!
      Eminem2891
      EN Senior Moderator | JA Senior GO
      EN/JA Support Teams | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click here to submit a bug report or support ticket
    • Everyone here are such good sports! Whenever someone gold slams me, I get salty and grumble to myself for the next few days. Personally, I find it no fun playing a game you're destined to lose. I still try- I'm not gonna let them walk on me that easily!- but it's just not fun. It's like trying to fight a hydra- chop off one head, two more grow back. Sometimes you win, but most of the time you don't.
      "That's impossible! The Americans only know how to make razor blades."
      "We could do with some of those razor blades, Herr Reichsmarshall."
      Hermann Goring and Erwin Rommel
    • iDragons wrote:

Everyone here are such good sports! Whenever someone gold slams me, I get salty and grumble to myself for the next few days. Personally, I find it no fun playing a game you're destined to lose. I still try- I'm not gonna let them walk on me that easily!- but it's just not fun. It's like trying to fight a hydra- chop off one head, two more grow back. Sometimes you win, but most of the time you don't.
      I think I learned more from fighting losing battles than from the ones I won. Creativity lives in the mind of the defeated. Like a person fighting for his life on a sinking ship. They get resourceful. Like Leonardo Dicaprio did to put Kate Winslet afloat on a door. Utter briliance.

VorlonFCW wrote:

When faced with a war you cannot win, find some satisfaction in a smaller victory. Improve your stats, improve your skills, or collect some achievements.
      This is very true! The only thing I had going for me on said US map was that my enemy had more victims than me. But it still made me feel somewhat victorious in the eye of certain defeat.