This is Call of Gold PLZ add a Gold Limit

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• This is Call of Gold PLZ add a Gold Limit

I am playing Call of War and you can have all the skill in the world but a heavy gold user with a mind will beat you. If you don't believe me, how about you give me 100k in gold and i will smash your ass. I was beating a player in the American homefront map and he had no troops left but as soon as he returned online BOOM!!! 200 different types of troops come out of nowhere in a useless province, then i lose because i can't fight a gold user UNLESS i use gold myself. Now i understand the game needs to make money but why not add a gold limit to make this game more fairer

I suggest to add a gold limit of 50k of gold can be spent in 1 day. Bytro will still make a ton of money on this but it will STOP the lot of players, playing COW leaving the game in complete anger of losing to heavy gold users and will give players with skill a chance to win without losing purely on heavy gold use.
    • I fully support all sorts of limiting factors on gold in game set ups.
      Do a one time limit at start so if everyone wants to start with 200K gold fine.

Do a limit on daily amount of gold and again allow the players to set the limit.

Do a time limit that says no gold till day X or all gold is stopped at Day x.

Let the players play with it.
    • EZ Doolittle, that's some of the best thought I've seen on the matter in recent days.

To bobcat, as I am currently in a match with at least two players using large amounts of gold allow me to say, proper tactics beat gold 90+% of the time (from my experience at least). Even if your enemy did pump out massive amounts of troops, there's this concept called falling back to a defensible position. I have used this to save my troops several times, including my current match.

Upon falling back, guess what? All those troops still have to catch up to you to do anything, and if you plan it well enough, you can choose the terrain where you want to meet them, set up artillery and planes to support your ground forces, etc. Shoot, you could even build a fortress or two! The possibilities are endless - the one thing gold can't do is get those troops across your lands faster than your own troops. That 50% travel speed penalty is a hard pill to swallow for the "big fishies."
      Eminem2891
      EN Senior Moderator | JA Senior GO
      EN/JA Support Teams | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click here to submit a bug report or support ticket
    • Lots of gold spenders aren't stupid though- I played against one who spent about 80% of his gold on lv.4 rockets and planes. You try to defend, his rockets slam you. You retreat, his planes stalk you. Knock those planes out of the sky? He just makes more.
      "That's impossible! The Americans only know how to make razor blades."
      "We could do with some of those razor blades, Herr Reichsmarshall."
      Hermann Goring and Erwin Rommel
    • Eminem2891 wrote:

EZ Doolittle, that's some of the best thought I've seen on the matter in recent days.

To bobcat, as I am currently in a match with at least two players using large amounts of gold allow me to say, proper tactics beat gold 90+% of the time (from my experience at least). Even if your enemy did pump out massive amounts of troops, there's this concept called falling back to a defensible position. I have used this to save my troops several times, including my current match.

Upon falling back, guess what? All those troops still have to catch up to you to do anything, and if you plan it well enough, you can choose the terrain where you want to meet them, set up artillery and planes to support your ground forces, etc. Shoot, you could even build a fortress or two! The possibilities are endless - the one thing gold can't do is get those troops across your lands faster than your own troops. That 50% travel speed penalty is a hard pill to swallow for the "big fishies."
      Again you give me 100k in gold and i will beat your ass. Even if your an expert!. You can fall back but the Airforce will catch up to you and Gold Users love the forced march button.
    • bobcat79 wrote:

Again you give me 100k in gold and i will beat your ass. Even if your an expert!. You can fall back but the Airforce will catch up to you and Gold Users love the forced march button.
      Without starting a troll/flame war, frankly, I'd really like to see you try. I can't seem to find your name anywhere on the rankings. What's your in-game username?
      Eminem2891
      EN Senior Moderator | JA Senior GO
      EN/JA Support Teams | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click here to submit a bug report or support ticket