Renaming Provinces

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Renaming Provinces

I was inquiring if it was possible to add this idea to both the PC and Mobile version of this game. The idea is being able to rename provinces. This is an issue that is brought up a lot in my group of friends that play this game and we believe that the community who play this game should have the ability to rename provinces and regions to the name that such people should want (within reason). Of course we do not expect for this to be taken into account immediately but we wish that it will be an idea that is thought about and maybe even added into the game.
    • Sadly such a thing would be abused by players who would name provinces with vulgar and obscene names. This would require a lot of time by the support staff to monitor and correct, so I don't anticipate this idea being implemented.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • I really see no point in this out of all the things that should be renamed, and renaming your country definitely should have a higher priority than this.

I'm not sure about this but I think the province centers are actually at the locations of the given city names, if not, then maybe you can rename it to another city within that province's territory, or maybe just cities with populations above 100,000 inhabitants.

I don't know, I just don't see any good reason to allow this. After all, they would have to screen everybody's province name changes; and then there's the concern about the accurate location like I mentioned. What ideas were you even thinking up?
      "Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster." ~ Sun Tzu, The Art of War

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
    • I understand that this is a suggestion that will require a lot of people to monitor however, I did say "within reason" in my previous post. This means that there could be a bot system that picks out offensive and/or inappropriate names given to provinces and I do agree that the renaming of full countries will also be cool.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

P.S: LoL Fungus; Putinland is the best name I have heard in years!
    • slav dav wrote:

This means that there could be a bot system that picks out offensive and/or inappropriate names given to provinces
      A bot system? Are you serious? Do you have any idea about the complexity? Maybe you want to set Google to work on this?
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • slav dav wrote:

Call of War seems to already have this implemented on many naming systems such as the user name system, the alliance name system and the alliance tag system so I don’t exactly see a difference.
      Yes, and the amount of time that staff spends dealing with inappropriate names is already fairly high. Adding more places for people to hide creative insults is not a good idea.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW

• I don't think that will make Bytro's financial situation any better. We need to make it easier. Requesting a selection of names to change to is your easiest option to go for. Otherwise, let's start some competition to create a bot system that could at least lower the names that the moderators have to look through by eliminating the obvious ones, and clearing ones that are extremely common (once approved name, always approved name; or maybe approved 5x with 0 disapproval leads to always approved).
      "Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster." ~ Sun Tzu, The Art of War

• I personally agree Lukenick, that would be a better idea and it would not exactly "harm" Bytro's economic situation. I personally think that this is an idea that will be debated a lot on over minutes, moths and maybe years but I don't think that this will be added into the game. I like the fact that this post has attracted attention and is being discussed but the fact that we can't reach a conclusion and there are people who point out many flaws I realise that this was just an idea that I and my group of friends thought about and will most likely not be implemented.
    • "Waypoint one" might be a perfectly acceptable name. Still I wouldn't like to see that when conquering Paris.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • A much better idea than this one is having a select multiple targets/destinations option. I know this will probably get a lot of criticism but it’s just annoying on mobile having to continuously select the unit and then pressing the arrow and then pressing add target repeatedly. It just gets a little annoying and tiring. This is also just a thought and I accept all criticism that is thrown at it.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

"Waypoint one" might be a perfectly acceptable name. Still I wouldn't like to see that when conquering Paris.
      Okay, when you approve a name 5x, the 5 times have to be in the one category it's for. If there was less than 5 approvals for the given name to be a name for a province, it can still be denied. Here's a possibility, we create a list of alternate names for provinces, and the approved ones can be used for non-cities (aka rural provinces) because a rural province is much more likely to have an obscure name. The cities will remain with their original names because everybody knows of a lot of them (I think).

Would you care if a province named Badajoz was renamed to Wayward City?

• Programmers would be working on a system like that for weeks, if not months. Surely we can think of something we want more...
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

Programmers would be working on a system like that for weeks, if not months. Surely we can think of something we want more...
      Absolutely. I would prefer to have my Nuclear railroad guns than some complicated province naming system.

VorlonFCW