Return of All Countries, All In

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Return of All Countries, All In

Man, I never thought it would come back, to be honest. I'm glad it did, though! Now I can finally learn from my mistakes in the past! As such, I would like to take a moment to pass on some pro tips for EVERY country I played as on that map!

First up, Siam:
      -Make use of your Isolation. Your economy and military are weak, but so are your neighbors. Use this time to build up your stuff!
      -DON'T attack The Netherands too early. You will lose.
      -Appreciate your navy. You'll need it.

Latvia:
      -Befriend Lithuania or someone with Rare Materials. You don't have any.
      -Make good use of that Oil! You'll need every drop!
      -For the love of god, don't attack the USSR. This goes without saying, really.

on that note, Lithuania:
      -Invade Danzig ASAP. You need the goods and steel. You can go a while without oil.
      -On that note, make friends with Poland. Or, at least, try.
      -Also, make friends with the other Baltic states. Help each other out!

Egypt:
      -Build up your food production IMMEDIATELY. You begin with negative gain.
      -Maybe invade Libya. You could use some oil.
      -On that note, don't over estimate your army's strength. It's not that great.

Columbia: (my favorite)
      -Use EVERY industrial complex. You have 5. Make 'em count!
      -Build a navy. You can, so do.
      -On that note, increase your oil production ASAP. You aren't Venezuela.

Romania:
      -DON'T F*** WITH GERMANY.
      -DON'T F*** WITH THE SOVIETS.
      -DON'T F*** WITH ANYBODY, REALLY.

Finland:
      -Defend your border. Norway, Sweden, AND the Soviets all have better military power.
      -Appreciate your food production, and build some militias. Really, it's all you can do with 3 industrial complexes.
      -Maybe build a Navy ASAP. Need something to gun down your enemies with.

Ireland:
      -See everything to do with Latvia and do it in Ireland.

Switzerland:
      -Beef up your economy. You're pretty much impossible to invade this early, and your military is awesome for such a tiny country.
      -That's it. Maybe befriend Italy too.

Hope this helps anyone, really. Cheers!
    • Firstly I would like to comment that this is a progressive thread and I am glad you have brought this to mention.
      I have often considered the all in Nations approach to a COW map type.

All in sounds good to me...I say lets make it a game...

- Siam (SEA)

South East is is a difficult objective throughout any hard fought game, yet it is an important one early in the game. Naval option should not be priority, build technical equipment to increase your military manpower.

- Latvia

Sell every drop of oil, and upgrade all technicals.
      Russia has a big land area to occupy, their standing army is mostly more important than upgrades, build a Navy...Battleships.

- Lithuania

Best option, side with Scandinavia and make a full attack on Russia if game works this way.
      Build Navy and hold as much $$$ as possible, it is a difficult region for distance to most global power, therefore you can push enemy economies.

- Egypt

Go south with defensive's and hold borders asap.
      Slowly and surely push eastwards, the sea crossing always provides you the time to make some stability happen. Make friends with Libya and/or west African nations..Think global strategy.

- Columbia

Do not build submarines, rather, build as many anti air and destroyers that be sustainable.
      First things first, build dockyards.

- Finland

Build rail as soon as possible, produce submarines to scout coastlines and to harass enemies at sea.
      Get medium tanks going and prepare for missiles, either for and against, this means forts. Try to always hold infantry on home soil.

-Ireland

Build a land army, nothing else.

- Switzerland

Take any diplomacy with Scandinavia or Britain or Spain.
      Aim to invade the Levant region or go for Britain or Spain or Scandinavia.

These are my words for it.

The post was edited 1 time, last by bigboss_ironfist ().

• Alrighty, gonna add a little bit to this, as I've played all 25 playable countries, and Cuba, on that map. This stuff is speculation, as I'm kinda guessing on a couple of these.

Mongolia:
      If you really want to, you can probably get away with invading the Soviets. I don't recommend it, as China is a much bigger threat.
      Build up your oil and food production, and start working on an Air Force. You'll need it later.

Cuba:
      Don't even think about trying to build any kind of oil-consuming vehicles. YOU DONT HAVE ANY. Trade with Venezuela, if possible, or just invade Chile. Either works.

On that note, Chile:
      DO NOT DECLARE ANY WARS. Your army is literally 6 units big, and two of those aren't even ground units. Stick to fortifying for now, and you'll just have to purchase militias. It's all you can afford.

Sweden:
      You don't have a huge military, but you have the stuff to make one. Boost your oil production, and befriend your eastern and western brothers. Unify Scandinavia! Build motorized infantry, if possible, as they are WAAAAY better than regular.

Norway: (guessing)
      Unlike Sweden, you have a good navy capable of defending itself. Unlike Sweden as well, you don't have the economy to sustain it. Trade away some of your destroyers, not all of them, and protect your extremely vulnerable oil. You have 4 complexes, so use them!

Hungary: (guessing)
      Like most countries in this game,you don't generate all resources. You do generate oil, which will come in handy later. Unlike most smaller countries in the game, you have a tank. Invade Slovakia, when possible, and congratulations! You now have Rare materials. Proceed to dominate the world at your convenience.

Denmark: (guessing)
      You have a cruiser. I don't know how or why, but you do. So invade Ireland with everything you have and get some goodies.

Luxembourg:
      Maybe just invade Belgium. You already suck, but if you succeed in the invasion you'll get some goods, food, RM, etc.

Portugal: (guessing)
      Make good use of those colonies. The sooner you fortify, the happier you'll be.
    • JesterTheSheep wrote:

Alrighty, gonna add a little bit to this, as I've played all 25 playable countries, and Cuba, on that map. This stuff is speculation, as I'm kinda guessing on a couple of these.

Mongolia:
      If you really want to, you can probably get away with invading the Soviets. I don't recommend it, as China is a much bigger threat.
      Build up your oil and food production, and start working on an Air Force. You'll need it later.

Cuba:
      Don't even think about trying to build any kind of oil-consuming vehicles. YOU DONT HAVE ANY. Trade with Venezuela, if possible, or just invade Chile. Either works.

On that note, Chile:
      DO NOT DECLARE ANY WARS. Your army is literally 6 units big, and two of those aren't even ground units. Stick to fortifying for now, and you'll just have to purchase militias. It's all you can afford.

Sweden:
      You don't have a huge military, but you have the stuff to make one. Boost your oil production, and befriend your eastern and western brothers. Unify Scandinavia! Build motorized infantry, if possible, as they are WAAAAY better than regular.

Norway: (guessing)
      Unlike Sweden, you have a good navy capable of defending itself. Unlike Sweden as well, you don't have the economy to sustain it. Trade away some of your destroyers, not all of them, and protect your extremely vulnerable oil. You have 4 complexes, so use them!

Hungary: (guessing)
      Like most countries in this game,you don't generate all resources. You do generate oil, which will come in handy later. Unlike most smaller countries in the game, you have a tank. Invade Slovakia, when possible, and congratulations! You now have Rare materials. Proceed to dominate the world at your convenience.

Denmark: (guessing)
      You have a cruiser. I don't know how or why, but you do. So invade Ireland with everything you have and get some goodies.

Luxembourg:
      Maybe just invade Belgium. You already suck, but if you succeed in the invasion you'll get some goods, food, RM, etc.

Portugal: (guessing)
      Make good use of those colonies. The sooner you fortify, the happier you'll be.

Cuba -
      Here I agree, build technical equipment, build commandos and get going asap, you will need oil for sea planes, fighters and rail guns.

Mongolia -
      Go south with everything you have got. Khabarovsk is easy to invade, but is easy to expand from, perhaps hit them early.

Sweden -
      Have to correct you on this one, it is to build infantry regular (no oil cost) , Sweden has mountains and they need to be defended. Save the oil for rail guns and medium tanks, yes...plenty of medium tanks, you have the advantage flat ground to make use of, as you shall exit Sweden and enter the east. The world is yours.

Portugal -
      Build light tanks and go for Africa or Spain asap.

Norway -
      Make a good all round defence, never never trade away you best asset, the destroyer...destroyers are fast and protect from subs...subs that can scout your coastal movements...sink these immediately...and disappear them, plenty of ocean to work with.
    • Right, more countries!

Tibet:
      Keep your food and oil production high. Work on researching commandos, as you have the perfect terrain for that.

Argentina:
      DON'T build a navy just yet. You don't have that much oil, and make sure you keep your food production up.

Manchukuo:
      Immediately invade the Soviet Union when possible. Honestly, it's your best shot.

Japan:
      Honestly, fortify your Chinese provinces because that's where all your oil is. On that note, build up food and oil production.

Australia:
      Don't invade New Zealand first; Invade Siam first. You'll take a bit more time, but it's much easier. Build up your food production before building more barracks.

Mexico:
      Build up food and oil, and keep your border well defended. You never know when the US might strike. Nobody expects the American Invasion!

Canada:
      Build infrastructure immediately. Your country is so huge you need ways to get across quickly. A good starting target would be Nuuk and Iceland, assuming they haven't already been conquered. Build up your force and invade Britain later. (Trust me, it can be done.)

South Africa:
      You shouldn't have too big of a problem working your way up the colonies. The defenses there are pretty crappy, So just do that, and get your hands on those sweet, sweet resources.

Saudi Arabia:
      OK, this is a tough one. Hold off on infantry at the moment, as you have basically no food. You have LOTS of oil, so use it. Invade Oman, Yemen, and maybe Iraq when you have time. Beware the UK!

Greece:
      Honestly, just fortify for now. If you want, invade Yugoslavia. You could probs pull it off, so go ahead and try.
    • ok..more countries/nation types

Tibet -
      Make sure of food, building an Airforce is critical to defence. Also, build forts and this will mean less commandos. Your capital will be needed to produce air units. Metal industry must be a certainty, try to trade negotiate.

Argentina -
      Infantry is the best way to expand. I have played as North Argentina and easily surmounted over 350,000 food and was able to assist allies. Argentina is a hard one to expand from, but if you can manage oil then there is no doubt that naval blockades will repel enemy landings.

Manchukuo -
      Invade Soviet Union...yes...invade the east side...no......go in to the central areas...make it hard for everyone.

Japan -
      You will need oil, railguns, artillery, and missiles. Use espionage as much as possible, provided monetization is adequate.

Australia -
      Build a navy as soon as possible....buil;d barracks and get infantry on the northwards move, scout PPNG and INDO, then decide what to fully invade with. If NZ is on the move then be sure to keep some destroyers close by, upgrade them, Australia is a big coastal land, the destroyers are fast and essential.

Mexico -
      Build forts and get a good ally.

Canada - get an airforce, get subs, get going asap.

South Africa -
      Benchuanaland needs to be invaded before they can build up, before this happens, take out Angola, their resources are a huge boost to ruling the African domain.

Saudi Arabia -
      The oil is there, the land space is there, the small c\nations are there, why not go for Syria and Turkey, let the smaller nations build up money and loot their capitals soon enough.

Greece -
      Wait a while, do nothing but make factories and defensives, then...go for the northlands and eventually Egypts food..thus, maintain a strong infantry presence. Eventullay a strong navy is the best advancement, a small land to defend with a navy will enable more troops abroad.
    • JesterTheSheep wrote:

Japan:
      Honestly, fortify your Chinese provinces because that's where all your oil is. On that note, build up food and oil production.

bigboss_ironfist wrote:

Japan -
      You will need oil, railguns, artillery, and missiles. Use espionage as much as possible, provided monetization is adequate.
      also here is a list of what to do with foreign affairs
      • don't invade Manchukuo early. his military is weak, but yours is weak as well
      • don't invade China to early. even though he is larger, he does have more troops and it will be hard to defend a long line.
      • use your navy to your advantage. you have 37 ships so use them to bombard coasts and other places
      • and for the love of pete, DON'T ATTACK PEARL HARBOR. this goes without saying but I will say it anyway. if you really want to go to war with America, attack the Philippines or his other colonies, don't go for Pearl Harbor right off the bat.
      FORUM GANG WARRANT OFFICER
      "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
      KNOW THE RULES!
      Call of War Game Rules
      Call of War Forum Rules
      Terms of Service

attacker 101
      Call of War Player
      EN Server | Bytro Labs Gmbh
    • Denmark (actually pretty good):

ALLY WITH GERMANY (this is the most important- it means you can get past day three, Germany has like three battleships right on top of you)
      Now that you won't die right away, start to get resources. You actually have a quite large navy for a tiny country, 6 destroyers and 6 cruisers, so get them over to attack Netherlands and send over you overwhelmingly powerful 2 medium tanks and 4 infantry. Just get germany's help to destroy them, get resources, then move on to every single small country, especially Danzig. Gain so much power you can take over scandinavia, or help Germany invade the UK!
    • Some advice for big countries:

UK: Focus on murdering Ireland first so they don't kick your butt while you're not looking. Otherwise you can literally sit around drinking tea and waiting for else to kill each other so you can sweep in and sister snatch everyone's weaves while they're weak. Colonies: forget the useless colonies! Defend your only IC, in Nairobi. You may want to secure a pact with South Africa, they're quite spooky. Alternatively(my favourite tactic) ally with France and maybe even Italy as well. Upgrade your oil stuff like ASAP. You start off with a lot of food-producing provinces, so upgrade those too.

France: Being introverted is NOT AN OPTION. The UK, Italy, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany and Spain all have the potential to eat you. If you don't make friends you will DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH. Befriend UK and Italy if you can so you can focus on the Germans and the Spaniards. Also, make sure to strengthen your food and oil- you start off with negative food and super low oil production. Maybe trade with your allies if you can. Also, DO NOT ATTACK. Wait for Germany to attack first, so you can massacre his armies and DESTROY HIS SOUL.

Italy: Depends on who your allies are. Geographically, Italy is surrounded by two seas so you should be pretty safe. Make sure Greece doesn't try anything funny. I'd recommend attacking Germany or Yugoslavia(but not immediately), France has too many forts on his border. Maybe even befriend France if you can. As for Africa, make sure Egypt doesn't do anything funny. Upgrade your oil provinces, you start with two double-oils in Libya. Make sure nobody takes those.

Germany: Be like real life Germany and murder the Benelux and blitz toward Paris. Whether you are successful all depends on whether France is a good player or not. If la belle France is a good player, play cautiously. As for Poland, MURDER THE HECCIN' POLES. Poland starts off with quite little compared to you, but do not attack Poland with nothing. Look out for Mother Russia.

USSR:
      Soviet Union has a lot of food but not a lot of oil. Try to boost your oil before attacking. Since you are bordered by every country in the heccin' world, try to make a few friends. Don't immediately start attacking anyone because if you do you risk someone attacking you. Since you're so big, you have to spread out your troops over a vast space. Try knocking the little men around first- Tannu Tuva and the Baltic States are my first suggestions.
      "That's impossible! The Americans only know how to make razor blades."
      "We could do with some of those razor blades, Herr Reichsmarshall."
      Hermann Goring and Erwin Rommel