Artillery too cheap?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Artillery too cheap?

I'm just curious - is everyone building huge stacks of artillery in this game? Because their build cost is comparable with infantry, but their upkeep cost is only half. They also build more quickly.

This is totally different from Supremacy where infantry cost nothing and artillery are quite expensive. It also doesn't seem very realistic, given that the ammunition supply tonnage for an artillery unit is IIRC around 20 times that of a comparable infantry unit. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
    • In general terms armour and artillery is the way to go, even though artillery is generally weaker than their supremacy equivalents.
      But I've found that infantry are the best unit to use for fighting in cities, and that's what their role is in this game
      Kalantigos
      Master Chief Petty Officer.
      Game Moderator
      EN Community Support
      Bytro Labs | Call of War
    • Infantry, should not be ignored.

Artillery is fine in only moderate, smallish numbers. Too high, and it becomes very, very inefficient.

I find Infantry as a rather nice unit. Tank protector ; ).
    • One thing I LOVE about this game compared to Supremacy is that you are not dependent on artillery at all. In Supremacy, you won if you had the highest number of artillery. Here, i don't even use it. I combine tanks with infantry. Tanks to take out enemy armies in the open, infantry to take cities. That's the best thing about this game: each unit has its own task, and you are not dependent on one single type of unit to win.
      The past is a foreign country.
    • "Artillery is fine in only moderate, smallish numbers."

Which is what I said before the "Too High". It is quite powerful in slow mobile warfare, but Forts/Artillery/Entrenched warfare...

Mhm. (Ideas)!
    • Fortifications are very, very, very effective(Tested a few times. Going to do it a few more to verify results). Even at lvl 2, infantry in small numbers can withstand quite a punch.

Artillery is quite also effective in small, mobile patrolling groups. Have a small few units to fend off a much larger army, hit hard with a lot of Artillery.
    • Pablo22510 wrote:

One thing I LOVE about this game compared to Supremacy is that you are not dependent on artillery at all. In Supremacy, you won if you had the highest number of artillery. Here, i don't even use it. I combine tanks with infantry. Tanks to take out enemy armies in the open, infantry to take cities. That's the best thing about this game: each unit has its own task, and you are not dependent on one single type of unit to win.
      Yes I gave to agree here. I just dont have time to wait for artillary when I am invading Russia and in a hurry to take out Stalingrad. :)
    • Akulla3D wrote:

Pablo22510 wrote:

One thing I LOVE about this game compared to Supremacy is that you are not dependent on artillery at all. In Supremacy, you won if you had the highest number of artillery. Here, i don't even use it. I combine tanks with infantry. Tanks to take out enemy armies in the open, infantry to take cities. That's the best thing about this game: each unit has its own task, and you are not dependent on one single type of unit to win.
      Yes I gave to agree here. I just dont have time to wait for artillary when I am invading Russia and in a hurry to take out Stalingrad. :)
      Which reminds me - where are the motorized artillery, anti-aircraft and antitank units? The game really ought to include these.